• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I really like the course down in Crowley.

I still think the middle tees there are more fun as they were the original designed tee location. You about killed me playing those longs that day brother!!! It is amazing just how different that course played from the longs. It is great they have so many tee pads now.

Yeah, let me know the when and where. If I have the day off I'll go for sure.

I'd drive up for a DFW DGCR get-together. Prolly be better to have it sooner than later cause we all know it's only gunna get warmer...

Oh yeah, as far as cream of the croppers:

Z-Boaz
Lester Lorch courses
Bicentennial
Veterans
Turner Park was pretty coolio

Haven't gotten to play Harry Meyers or Town Lake yet.

Last edited:
I'd drive up for a DFW DGCR get-together. Prolly be better to have it sooner than later cause we all know it's only gunna get warmer...

Oh yeah, as far as cream of the croppers:

Z-Boaz
Lester Lorch courses
Bicentennial
Veterans
Turner Park was pretty coolio

Haven't gotten to play Harry Meyers or Town Lake yet.

When I played Harry, as I was leaving a guy and his dog were getting out of their vehicle and we talked. He said that H Meyers reminded him of Water works in Kansas city. Then he said that he really liked Turner as well. When I play Turner, I will hit Fritz and 1 other 9 holer. Do you Dallas guys think I should play W.O. Harrington, Mountain creek or UT Dallas Alumni? I know Mountain creek is closer to Fritz. I don't care as I already drove 300 to get there.:)

When I played Harry, as I was leaving a guy and his dog were getting out of their vehicle and we talked. He said that H Meyers reminded him of Water works in Kansas city. Then he said that he really liked Turner as well. When I play Turner, I will hit Fritz and 1 other 9 holer. Do you Dallas guys think I should play W.O. Harrington, Mountain creek or UT Dallas Alumni? I know Mountain creek is closer to Fritz. I don't care as I already drove 300 to get there.:)

just play a few more rounds at Fritz...

and I don't see much about H.M that would make me think of Water works, no par 4 or 5 holes at WW.

Last edited:
Audobahn and Gateway are still on my to-do list, but there are so many quality courses around here, I just haven't gotten around to it. Plus we've been taking road trips on the weekend to play farther courses. Went to Tyler last weekend and played Lindsey park (gold and red). Really worth the trip. Have to make a second trip ou there to play blue and the Roc DGC

I would not bother with Mountain (no tee pads for starters if you read my reveiw and hole info and WO Harrington was rather boring without the guys out there putting up a bunch of temp holes and tee pads.

I have to admit, I suppose Harry Meyers does remind me of Water Works. I never thought of it like that, but yeah it does. I think it is the feel of the place more than the actual hole designs.

Before heading out to Gateway West, go read my Course Condition Update I worte today. Oh heck, here it is:

The first 10 holes, 17 & 18 are better than they ever have been. They are really cleaned out and are playing really fun! The back 11-16 are in bad shape with lots of over growth going on 11-16. #15 has a bog where the fairway used to be. It is almost unplayabe unles you count the the slope on the right to land on. The only way to get to the newly cleaned up #17 tee is to walk backwards from #18.

Audobahn and Gateway are still on my to-do list, but there are so many quality courses around here, I just haven't gotten around to it. Plus we've been taking road trips on the weekend to play farther courses. Went to Tyler last weekend and played Lindsey park (gold and red). Really worth the trip. Have to make a second trip ou there to play blue and the Roc DGC

Def play blue. In my opinion U.T. Tyler is just as good as the Roc if not better, but in a different way. The back 9 at U.T. is all wooded and tight. It's like 2 dif courses, so you have variety. The only thing is the back 9 is hard to navigate, but it's worth it to me. The roc has 1 "wooded hole" that is really just a trail. So if you like open with some elevation and a few holes with water in play,(only 1 is actually over the water) then the Roc is what you want. If you like tight wooded(back 9) with some open with moderate trees, then U.T. is the way to go. I played U.T. in June and it was well maintained and trimmed, don't know about now.

I would not bother with Mountain (no tee pads for starters if you read my reveiw and hole info and WO Harrington was rather boring without the guys out there putting up a bunch of temp holes and tee pads.

I have to admit, I suppose Harry Meyers does remind me of Water Works. I never thought of it like that, but yeah it does. I think it is the feel of the place more than the actual hole designs.

Before heading out to Gateway West, go read my Course Condition Update I worte today. Oh heck, here it is:

The first 10 holes, 17 & 18 are better than they ever have been. They are really cleaned out and are playing really fun! The back 11-16 are in bad shape with lots of over growth going on 11-16. #15 has a bog where the fairway used to be. It is almost unplayabe unles you count the the slope on the right to land on. The only way to get to the newly cleaned up #17 tee is to walk backwards from #18.

Thanks Donovan and Giles. I think I will let Gateway dry out a little more and maybe it will be finished by then. There is a Gateway thread that has updates and they have been meeting there on the weekends and bustin azz getting it ready for you guys and us travelers. If they could do it on a week day, I would make the drive. I wonder if anyone has ever played this course when it was in Tournament condition. I assume that it has been in good condition at one point in the past. With my heavily wooded bias, I see the length and that it is heavily wooded and think this might or should be at least a 3 1/2 disc course, but I'll just wait it out because I want to play it like it's supposed to be dagnabbit.

Thanks Donovan and Giles. I think I will let Gateway dry out a little more and maybe it will be finished by then. There is a Gateway thread that has updates and they have been meeting there on the weekends and bustin azz getting it ready for you guys and us travelers. If they could do it on a week day, I would make the drive. I wonder if anyone has ever played this course when it was in Tournament condition. I assume that it has been in good condition at one point in the past. With my heavily wooded bias, I see the length and that it is heavily wooded and think this might or should be at least a 3 1/2 disc course, but I'll just wait it out because I want to play it like it's supposed to be dagnabbit.

It is the toughest course in the area hands down. There was just too much vegetation and your shots had to be balls on accurate. The part they have cleaned out is perfect in my opinion. It is still a tough route, but much less likely to lose a disc in the very edge of the rough/tree line. I loved how tough it was. I always took weed snips with me and would cut a few thorn vines out of the ground on each hole as we played. I don't know if it has ever actually been tournament ready, as it take a few years to work a course carved out of the woods to develop with play. But the stuff they are doing to it now, has really sped the process up. I can't wait to see it all done.

I played Lester Lorch yesterday (both courses) I'm about to play Harry Meyers here in a few minutes, that's about all the time I'd like to spend in this city. But I did really enjoy Lester Lorch, though it wore me out (really I must have been quite tired, because 36 holes doesn't usually wear me out so bad) but it was a very enjoyable 36 holes. I do wish I could check out more of the area courses, but I do not have the stamina nor the desire to stick around this city (or any city for that matter) any longer.

F'n hippy :gross:

If any of you "city boys" have ever spent an extended period of time in the wilderness (or on the road) you'd know what he's talking about....

I know this next statement will catch some heat, but what the heck... I personally can't stand being in DFW more than a couple of days @ a time. Maybe it has something to do w/ growing up there, I dunno. :)

If any of you "city boys" have ever spent an extended period of time in the wilderness (or on the road) you'd know what he's talking about....

I know this next statement will catch some heat, but what the heck... I personally can't stand being in DFW more than a couple of days @ a time. Maybe it has something to do w/ growing up there, I dunno. :)

I was joking... well, half joking anyway. I'm not a huge fan of DFW. I just happen to live here. I looked into moving to Austin back around '05. It didn't seem to have a real job market outside of UT, state government or Dell.

Latest posts