• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Vocab List - Fun or Catchy Terms

Groovicide: Grew-vih-side
When you hate a disc so much you drop it in the middle of a crowded freeway.

Could someone please help me out, I just read all 29 pages of this thread and could not find this term. A few years ago I played with St. Louis area golfer, she introduced me to the FISO term which is great.

As we were walking down a fairway I accidentally kicked a stump and almost fell. She blurted out something. That something was a very funny word, but I cannot remember it, and it's driving me nuts.

^ I dont know the word esdubya, but thanks for resurrecting this thread! Laughed my self damned near into a seizure.

Grip Lock or Grip Locked - When you hold onto your disc too long on a throw. (heard this one today. pretty true term for many of us.)

A term I've been using for a grip locked shot is "Danny DeVito." For example, "You Danny DeVito'd it."

Comes from the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when Jack Nicholson's character is urging DeVito's character to pass him the basket ball and then DeVito throws the ball in the wrong direction and into the fence.

Could someone please help me out, I just read all 29 pages of this thread and could not find this term. A few years ago I played with St. Louis area golfer, she introduced me to the FISO term which is great.

As we were walking down a fairway I accidentally kicked a stump and almost fell. She blurted out something. That something was a very funny word, but I cannot remember it, and it's driving me nuts.

A Van Dyke?

Tree Love when it bounces off a tree to your advantage.

Tree Hate otherwise...also known as The Doupie Special.

Blind Chicken - going after a disc in dense brush but hesitant to do so.

Alright, anyone know the term commonly used for a group of disc golfers?
(as in flock, herd, gaggle)

"The hot route," hitting that tiny a$$ gap between a hundred little branches and not hitting a single one and your disc ends up right in the middle of the fairway or close to the basket----" I can't believe you made it through the hot route on that tee shot?"

"UFO'd," when you throw your disc from either the tee pad or on a second shot...you see the line it took but can't find it anywhere...."Man, I can't find my disc....it was UFO'd!" --meaning it was beamed up by aliens and never to be seen again.

"Biff'd," when you unintentionally/inadvertently throw your disc into the sh!t....in reference to Back to the Future when Biff drives his car into the manure truck.."I can't believe I Biff'd that drive to the right/left."

"Scavenger," the guy who you run into on the course who never has smokes but bums all the time without ever repaying the favor. "Oh damn, here's the scavenger again....hide your provisions!"

I'll think of some more of our local lingo in a bit....at work..

getting Pimped or Worked - when you throw a sweet shot exactly where you want how you wanted to and you standing on he tee admiring your throw and a small unseen obstacle destroys the shot kicking it to an impossible lie or OB.

Worked is also a term used when a player in your group starts playing head games trying to put others off their game.

Last edited:
"The hot route," hitting that tiny a$$ gap between a hundred little branches and not hitting a single one and your disc ends up right in the middle of the fairway or close to the basket----" I can't believe you made it through the hot route on that tee shot?"

Local route

Lucksack, adj.: a good result characterized by a low amount of skill and a high degree of luckiness.

Usage:
Bob: Nice shot!!!
Juke: Nah, that was a total lucksack throw...I missed my intended line by 15'.

Roller derby-When the majority of the card all throw rollers on the same hole

Latest posts