• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2013!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a sick ace with my 175g lime Volt today.

cBvJCni.jpg

Basket is behind the clump of pine trees to the right. Left to right crosswind around 10mph. Ripped it hard and low with a touch of hyzer just over the hill, flipped up and turned over gently, getting a bit of lift from the wind and cruising right under the low hanging pines to smash top right chains and drop.

Looking back from the basket

Hit my first ace ever on a 170 ft hole in Warwick, NY. So happy for first one despite it being a short hole, snuck shot through tight gap in trees and smashed side of chains and stayed in! So pumped now I don't know what to do with my first ace disc I'm so paranoid to lose it now haha..Also should I record the ace on the back of my disc or something? What is the proper format for that? Help a noob out

...should I record the ace on the back of my disc or something? What is the proper format for that? Help a noob out

Record it anyway you want EXCEPT on the course itself (no tagging baskets, benches, signs). So yes, feel free to write on your disc (I put mine in the rim: date, hole, etc). But if you want to hire a skywriter, I think that would be cool, too! :thmbup:
Congratulations, and...
Stay excited, my friend!

Record it anyway you want EXCEPT on the course itself (no tagging baskets, benches, signs). So yes, feel free to write on your disc (I put mine in the rim: date, hole, etc)
Congratulations, and...
Stay excited, my friend!

^this - and retire it! I lost my first ace disc and regret it ever since - have been retiring the rest.

i like the disc so much tho it was my first day with i was digging it n then boom now i guess il be ordering its replacement n putting this one away..i would be devastated if I lost. I found myself throwing it after the ace and was chasing it down to see where it landed, since there in still a few inches of snow here, fearing it would be buried and lost forever. Even if I keep it in the bag I'll be hesitant to throw it on any of these wooded holes. Signed it's rookie contract and retiring in the same day, lol I guess that was $18 well spent

view_image.php

Canned hole 17 @ Sunset in Gulf Breeze, FL yesterday. My younger brother, who I haven't seen in 5 years, is visiting from Brooklyn, NY and he wanted me to show him the game. :thmbup:
Badass! It was only my 3rd ace in a little over two years playing.
Last night he asked if we could play again before he leaves! :hfive:
I'm sending him home with some plastic so he can keep playing when he gets home.....that being said, any players live around Brooklyn, NY?

Got my first ace today! Harrison rd hole #6 with a xtra gummy champ roc+! Hidden basket. We never heard a thing walked over the top of the hill it was in the basket. Didn't touch the chains!

I have had 2 so far this year. Hole 3 at Gower Park, 150 ft, XCal (High hyzer) and Hole 3 at Holmes park. I only had a couple of discs in my car and ran out to play a quick round. I threw a stalker RHFH flat that skipped just over the top of the cage and fel into the basket (261ft).

I have had 2 so far this year. Hole 3 at Gower Park, 150 ft, XCallol (High hyzer) and Hole 3 at Holmes park. I only had a couple of discs in my car and ran out to play a quick round. I threw a stalker RHFH flat that skipped just over the top of the cage and fel into the basket (261ft).

I hit 3's basket yesterday out at Holmes.

Finally hit my first one.....but no one was around... :( Hole 4 at Bandamere in Ann Arbor. Was playing skins against myself KC Pro Aviar vs DX Leopard. It is only a little 150ft hole from the reds, the only tricky thing is that I am not quite accurate enough to avoid all the trees yet. Parked it with the KC Pro so stepped up with the leopard took a shot, Rolled my wrist #worstshotever! It was sailing to the right, right into the trees, so I hung my head in frustration only to hear.....CHAINS!!! Banked it in off the trees, leopard took the skins and than shortly after retired. I have never felt the full range of emotions in a shot before, went all the way from frustrated -> speechless -> euphoric -> back to frustrated realizing it was a terrible shot. Oh well, that is my story felt like it was worth sharing.

I hit my first ever ace this past Friday, the 18th. The weather was awesome, so I had to leave a little early from work to get a few holes in. #3 Shawnee Park, about 280' with a 168 Champion Leopard. Luckily there was a group of 4 playing right in front of me. Perfect line that was looking good the whole way, when, CHING! I yelled, they turned around and gave me some cheers, and were kind enough to sign my disc. Awesome feeling!

Got my second ace of 2013 today! Hole 16 at Buckeye in Redding, CA. Freaking awesome!

I aced #1 AND # 13 in the SAME DAY at Angy Beaver at Elon Park for the Charlotte Chuckers league play. Needless to say I was feelin it.
Split a 15 inch gap in three tree in the middle on one, and my axis caught a slow anny downhill dead into the heart of the center of the chains, haha. 13 was a star sidewinder anny fade. Both Backhhand.

Today at Pohick Bay Park in Lorton, VA I hit a 254 ft. ace on hole 12. Short tee to long pin. It was pretty cool. Flick shot down the tunnel and fade right at the end!

#1 at North Springvale pitch & putt. Only 147ft. Trying some different approaches and floated an Opto Fuse in on an anny line. A city worker emptying the trash saw it and gave me the clap. :clap:

Last edited:
#1 at North Springvale pitch & putt. Only 147ft. Trying some different approaches and floated an Opto Fuse in on an anny line. A city worker emptying the trash saw it and gave me the clap. :clap:

You're going to want to get that checked out.

aced hole #7 at Henry horton state park. 225' hyzer shot. first day throwing an rc3 first ace this year.
2 other aces prior. one roc one teebird

Aced hole 1 at Robert Burnaby Park this afternoon with a few witnesses :hfive:

Thank you Star Katana!

Bought a Cryztal Sparkle Zone from jcrab66 today. 2 hours later it found chains from the teepad. Flick on the 127' third hole at Inslow Park in Carmel, IN. I'm thinking this one's a keeper!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.