• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2022

Got my first ace today.

Hole 8, 198', at Pirate's Cove in Milton, FL
I had thrown the hole earlier and came up a bit short.
This time I threw just a little harder FH with my trusty champ Firebird and it skipped right into the chains!

The crazy thing is my younger brother almost had his first ace today also. He hit dead center chains but it bounced out.

nice job mate

you go down the middle or right side or left side

you go down the middle or right side or left side

I went forehand down the left side.

I've been getting back into some forehand throwing recently and it's working quite well for control shots moving to the right. I really don't have a laser or power forehand though. I throw a firebird because that's about the only disc I have that won't turn over forehand. lol

I went forehand down the left side.

I've been getting back into some forehand throwing recently and it's working quite well for control shots moving to the right. I really don't have a laser or power forehand though. I throw a firebird because that's about the only disc I have that won't turn over forehand. lol

sick ace with that line

keep it up

Short and simple 180' tournament ace with my soft cosmic electron envy. Gettin paid! Woohoo good start.

Good thing because my score was the pits, two under par (2 strokes better than first round last year). Guess I need to lay down a redemption round tomorrow gotta get -10 at least to save face.

I had a day off of work today and it rained almost the entire day. Our leagues were even cancelled but I was still determined to go get at least a few holes in. My friend and I went to go get in half a round (11 holes of the 21 hole course) after the rain finally stopped. I aced hole 11 with a DGA quake on a spike hyzer. It is just a wide open 230ish foot hole. My buddy then realized he left a disc back on hole 7 so I walked with him to get his disc. We played hole 7 again, got his disc, and then played hole 8 as it was on our way back to the cars. Hole 8 is about 300 feet with two rows of trees to shoot down and then the basket is in between two rows of trees running perpendicular the the trees on the fairway. I threw a destroyer into the trees by the basket going for a plinko play and it fell into the basket somehow. Two aces in the span of like 10 minutes.

Two?

Two in one round at the 9-hole Scattersville course near Leesburg. Well, they were hole #2 (47 feet) and #8 (97 feet) so they scarcely count. The funny part was that the guy I was playing with was teasing me on the 8th tee saying that I needed to make a 'real' ace and I then promptly threw it right in the chains. Hilarious. No aces on the Clark's Run course although my buddy did get one deuce (no deuces for me).

Aced the same hole 140' second time that I aced two years ago on October 5th, 2020. It's also my second course ace overall. Old #8 now #18 Upper Salford. A hyzered Vroc dx, pink.

The nice difference today was the park wasn't empty, at least 7 people saw it and 3 gave me shout-outs.

Had to attach 2020 photos, didn't think of photographing it today.

Attachments

• IMG_2010.jpg
    IMG_2010.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2011.jpg
    IMG_2011.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 18
Hit my 13th ace on the 14th hole at Loutsis Park in Carnation, WA yesterday in front of PDGA #100 John Kirkland (the original Friz Whiz). It was my 3rd ace on that hole and 2nd with my comet, 188ft RHBH. John was giving me form lessons during the round. I guess I'm a fast learner!

JK1.jpghttp:

JK2.jpghttp:

Bighorn Ridge - Big Sky, MT
(New)Hole 11 - 270' - bit uphill
RHBH with a beat-ass DX Classic Roc

Super fun throw, had a left>right headwind and got a full hyzer flip turn over with just enough fight at the end of the flight to catch the target.

attachment.php

Attachments

• DCAFD180-7F38-4EC5-A9B9-7BD1E0687480.jpg
    DCAFD180-7F38-4EC5-A9B9-7BD1E0687480.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 141
I'm on straight fire. Hit a 297 foot ace on Tuesday, 230 yesterday and 352 today.

Geez that sounds pretty awesome, which discs? give us some details!

FWIW I hit my first uplink ace yesterday with my gyropalooza og 176+... so many near misses and great runs. I think I brushed off the stigma. Crappy little 120' at my place, hole 8 hardly worth mentioning haha usually I bang it with a comet.. My favorite hole.. The great equalizer, anyone can do it, kids can do it, most fail.. 120' through trees that look like a pachinko game. 24"-30 gap to get your line.

Last edited:

FWIW I hit my first uplink ace yesterday with my gyropalooza og 176+... so many near misses and great runs. I think I brushed off the stigma. Crappy little 120' at my place, hole 8 hardly worth mentioning haha usually I bang it with a comet.. My favorite hole.. The great equalizer, anyone can do it, kids can do it, most fail.. 120' through trees that look like a pachinko game. 24"-30 gap to get your line.

Ivy been bagging an Uplink recently too. Such a fun disc to throw. I was going to post about it in the gyroholics anonymous thread but didn't wanna get plastic shamed. 😁

Opto 180G Tursas from 297 slight downhill turnover. 230 was with a D Line Tomb 175G basically no wind and mostly straight shot, just slight hyzer flip up. 352 was with a 2021 GG Halo Wraith I think 176G on a slight hyzer tiny head wind, heald flat most of the way just faded it in. I think 352 might be my longest as well in my life. I have to check another hole which might be longer but that one was far downhill with an Envy.

Ace #9 in 17+ years of playing

Hole #8 McCord, FH skip 151 ft with a Star Whippet. That's my second skip ace at McCord with a star Whippet and my third in about 5 weeks after not hitting one for 11+ years.

picture.php

The shaving cream dye was probably 8 years ago and I just put the puppy stencil on last weekend. I aced with my other star Whippet and was using the backup. I have no more so if anyone is selling premium plastic Whippets.

Latest posts