• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2022

What's the farthest you high acers ever got one in?

Interesting question.
The longest Aces that come to mind are both in GR. One was on the old layout for GR Riverside Park, hole #10, was listed as 295 ft. in 2016 during a league round ($300!!).
The other was in 2015 at GR Rotary North DGC, hole #17, listed on DGCR as 310 ft, but listed on u-disc as 276 ft. (which I would probably lean towards being the truer of the two distances).
Now that I think about it, the same disc was used for both of these Aces (157g ESP Nuke). This disc has been retired, for multiple reasons, but especially because it has two Aces on it.

My first ace at Woodland Mound was on a hole that had been there nearly 35 years with signage saying it was 320'. I KNEW that wasn't true. We later acquired a used 300' tape measure and accurately measured our local courses. That hole turned out to be 256' with the tape stretched across the valley. :\

My first ace at Woodland Mound was on a hole that had been there nearly 35 years with signage saying it was 320'. I KNEW that wasn't true. We later acquired a used 300' tape measure and accurately measured our local courses. That hole turned out to be 256' with the tape stretched across the valley. :\

256' is a legit ace! mine are all slightly under that, so I know it's true.....

Nice. Lol, at my current rate, 22 is only 50 years away.

What's the farthest you high acers ever got one in?

I think about 275-295' hole 14 at passive park Langley.. Not as far as I thought haha. 2010 provincial lone ace in the pot (other guy didn't buy in) $200 and Matt from snap sold me his esp le comet finally haha. Greatest ACe ever

Playing a round with Pevio at our home course, Legacy Park. We get to hole 13 and he says "throw a forehand skip ace"

So I did. 297(ish) to the left pin. Axiom Wrath. Ace #5.

Attachments

• 20221218_170129.jpg
    20221218_170129.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
G.W. Smallwood's first Ace!

First ever Ace! A blind ace at that. Ironwood Crossing Hole 7 in Queen Creek, AZ. 272' par 3. The basket is in a basin that you have to cross a couple of hills to get into.

Threw my 163g Fission Volt (one of my straight Volts) on a slight hyzer forehand. Hit my line perfectly, skirting some trees on the left and heard the chains. For a minute I thought it had to be the guys on the next hole putting out, but didn't hear anything else. I looked at my 9-year old and said I think that might have gone in We ran over and it most certainly had.

Too bad my 9 year old and I were throwing each other's tee shots today. Got that idea from Joel Freeman's latest video where he did that with his wife. So the 1 made it onto his scorecard instead of mine. Can't call me a sandbagger though.

Attachments

• 62E912D8-7171-4BCF-8298-7E7510E75DE6.jpg
    62E912D8-7171-4BCF-8298-7E7510E75DE6.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 21
In an effort to minimize the amount of sheer hatred and vitriol currently running wild in this country and around the world, Mr. Smallwood, please allow this lifelong Redskins fan to congratulate you on your first Ace.

Well done! And with your son as a witness, no less. I bet that was a special moment.

My first was a 244' very slightly right-turning throw, backhand turnover style, with a Westside Seer. My son (20-something at the time) was the only witness I had that day, too. And it was probably better because of it.

As for them Iggles, man...they sure look like world-beaters right now. The NFC East is getting fun again, yeah?

Now...go get another Ace, kid! :thmbup:

In an effort to minimize the amount of sheer hatred and vitriol currently running wild in this country and around the world, Mr. Smallwood, please allow this lifelong Redskins fan to congratulate you on your first Ace.

Well done! And with your son as a witness, no less. I bet that was a special moment.

My first was a 244' very slightly right-turning throw, backhand turnover style, with a Westside Seer. My son (20-something at the time) was the only witness I had that day, too. And it was probably better because of it. :thmbup:

My son has seen me hit 3 and I've seen him hit 3! :clap:

I've gotten an even dozen and they were all witnessed! (I play a lot of solo rounds so it's kind of remarkable that I've never gotten a solo ace.)

Pioneer Park - Winter 9
Hole 6 - Alt. tee - UDisc is way off at 314', I'd guess 260'-ish
RHBH with a fresh Stickin' Putts DX Roc

Tee is in the trees near the stadium fence. I get so few rounds in between the start and finish of ski season, was pleased just to be out throwing at all let alone to snag one last ace in 2022.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 08B05599-B569-44EE-9373-67AD4F216C8E.jpg
    08B05599-B569-44EE-9373-67AD4F216C8E.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 68
After taking a week 'off' for the first time in forever, I discovered that even the simplest of putts feels wonky, so I took putting out of the equation on our shortie pitch & putt course by acing Woodland Mound hole 11 in the left (short) position this afternoon. :)

Latest posts