• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Information & Show off thread

Glad you like :) BTW, the Wiz is a glowie and he PSU shot glass is soon-to-be OOP. Penn State isn't going to allow licensing their image on shot glasses any more so you've got yourself an awesome collector's item :D

I really hope I also get a Penn State Shot glass.

There is a how much is this shotglass worth thread over on collegelogoSGreview.com, someone should post up that Penn State and see!!

BCR sent me a package:1 used disc with ink:thmbdown:

Received mine today............

(1) Innova First Run Eagle.......An Eagle was one of my favorite discs before I lost it in the water, maybe I will have better luck with this one.

(2) An Innova Factory Second X-Out.........I wonder what type of disc it is?

(3) A Morley Field DG Course mini.....my first mini ever, I've always wanted one.

Sent mine out today, to Southern Califorinia.........e.t.a. ---7-10 days.

I don't have a camera to provide any pics yet, but I will try and get one soon.

Thanks to Bill & Christy as well as Kwick for organizing this, it's been a lot of fun.

Glad you liked the package. I had a hard time giving up that Boss haha. Looking forward to receiving your gifts!

hopefully tomorrow. that's BS that priority is taking this long...

anyway, got my second package today, thanks santa!!!

here's the mailing address, which i got a chuckle out of:

IMG01204-20101210-1302.jpg

and the goods:

IMG01204-20101210-1311.jpg

Innova Towel
FLX Surge
Pro Rhyno :)eek:)
GL River :)eek:)

santa, do you know what the River weighs by chance?

Good, now I can stalk you.

Well, I looked in my mailbox, and my secret Penn State santa sent me a present! I feel like a tool now, though...I think I should have sent a few more discs lol.

Here's the overall shot: A nice first run Gateway ninja, a beautiful yellow northman driver from Westside Discs, and what I think is a Gateway voodoo with a cool Zep stamp, a Penn State coozie (more on the irony in this in a minute), a huk lab mini, gateway sticker, dga sticker, and a cool retractable scorecard keeper. Some candy canes and a bit o'chocolate :)

IMG_0207.jpg

Up close shots of the discs:
The Ninja

IMG_0208.jpg

The Voodoo

IMG_0209.jpg

The Northman

IMG_0210.jpg

Ok, now for the irony of the PSU connection. Keep in mind that one of BCR's other santas sent him a Michigan State lid...
..I am a dyed-in-the-wool Iowa Hawkeye. I was born at University Hospitals there, and have been a dedicated hawk since day one. The irony of BCR getting two rival Big-10 secret santas is delicious.
The other connection to PSU - my wife's grandfather was the last milkman that actually delivered milk from a cart at PSU.

Thanks for the generous gifts!! Can't wait to go throw tomorrow

If I'd have known you were a Purdue guy I could have thrown a live scorpion in when I shipped you the travelin' disc.

j/k :) At least until the next time we drop a game to them.

Glad you like. And as for this comment:

I feel like a tool now, though...I think I should have sent a few more discs lol.

You can forget about that hogwash. You spent way more time on that dye and mead than I did putting together the holiday care package I sent. We're more than square in my book.

As for your Hawkeye past...I forgive you. Nobody's perfect :p

Sorry it took me so long to get around to showing off EricJ's gift to me. As I recommended others do to avoid the "bigfoot" lens effect, I took the photo in my driveway at noon on a bright day. The photo doesn't do the stamp on the Surge justice -- it's a sweet looking stylized flying dragon. Eric managed to send me my favorite Discraft driver and my favorite mold of putter. The third disc is a Glo Xcalibur. Never had one of those, but I'm wlling to learn. Not sure if he peeked at my online bag or just got lucky with me. :thmbup:

Attachments

• ericj-secretsanta.jpg
    ericj-secretsanta.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 87
that's not good...it said delivered on the 10th for the grand rapids address

I'll probably get it today, was it in a box? Sometimes, if its in a box it takes a while if it can't fit in my little mailbox.:doh:

Latest posts