• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc theft in Minnesota

timj5304

Double Eagle Member
I figured with the sport growing and with many discs ripped off this past year that I know of, that we should help one another out and see what holes out there are known for disc theft. I will gladly start this topic out with holes that I have had one ripped off or have known of them being ripped off.

Plymouth Creek-Its been reported by Scott Markquart that hole 1 and 8 have had many kids "just chilling" in areas of disc traffic. I will also throw the blind #2 which is the most well known hole for disc theft at that course being a blind anny/sidearm shot for rightys. It takes a long time to get to the hole up the hill, the kids chill in the brush more towards the dome area and swipe your discs.

Sunnyside-I am assuming the same group of kids that are at Plymouth but a couple months back before random dubs we warmed up on hole 1 and unloaded many shots. There was a group of 4 on hole 9 just hanging out and 1 walked towards our discs, 2 of us ran up there and you could see one buddy signal for his buddy to get his butt back to the teepad.

Acorn-hole #6, this might not be an issue now but there were a couple kids riding bikes back and forth, watching hyzers land and discs disappear. This in my opinion would be the easiest hole to rip discs off from because it takes 30 seconds to get down there and the park exit is 50 ft from the basket.

Central-hole #7, the hill hole. I had a pro destroyer land on the side of the hill 2 falls ago now, a group of 3 kids rode bikes up the side and down and got out of there............with my disc.

Bassett Creek-#9. During leagues this summer a very good player had his 10 yr buzzz stolen by a rec player who was the group behind on hole 8. That group disappeared and so did his brand new 10 yr buzzz.

I know this time of the year is not an issue but I am curious if anyone else has came across these groups of theifs or knows of other holes. Thanks!

Happened 3 times in one round when I played the newer Kenwood Trails in Lakeville during one of their leagues. It was the first time I had really come across the issue (well actually witness it happening) and realllllllllly got me going. There are LOTS of holes there which I could see it being a issue but never come across this problem at the course mentioned.

Starting to wonder now though if I have actually lost some of those discs or if they truly walked off like I thought was the case

Maybe if you saw sketchy kids lurking all shady you could throw a disc that they reeeeaaallllyyyyy didn't want
sneaky.gif

Is this real? I've never witnessed anything like this before...although I have left a disc behind and when I went back after three holes it was gone.

I guess I'd have a hard time seeing kids just straight up sitting there to steal discs. I can't imagine the beatdown I'd put on them if that happened right in front of me and I was able to "apprehend" them. My blood boils just thinking about it.

I am going to add in the following holes even though they may have been situational and not necessarily where thieves hang out.

Elm Creek 18. If you turn your drive over into the tall grass between 17 and 18, if there are people already in there searching, the tall grass gives them the opportunity to bag your disc without you seeing what is really happening. I lost a champion leopard that way. It had a specific dye, my name and number, and two aces marked on it. There was no way this could have been mistaken for the DX Kite I found minutes later almost in the same spot.

Central Park 1 - Waiting for my group to arrive, I was unloading the bag on Hole 1. I had a beautifully dyed Champion Firebird sitting between the basket and the practice basket were four other people were finishing their day. After collecting my discs I came up short the Firebird. Again, there should have been no mistaking my disc for theirs because they were only using DX. Even still, I gave them the benefit of the doubt and asked if they had accidentally picked it up. They denied it, but how can I lose a disc on a 250 foot hole where it is open with mowed grass?

I had a 12-14 year old girl take off with my disc once but as soon as I started running after her she chucked it into the grass.

I've never had this problem anywhere, but I've heard rumors of it happening at Lake Stevens. That's a pretty short course though, so thieves would have to be pretty ballsy. Or fast. Or maybe they just know how annoyingly PC people in the Pac NW are and don't think anyone will do anything about it.

North Fort Myers course in Florida: lots of palmettos that can hide people real easy. Kids ride their BMX bikes around the course and pick up discs, do they sell them? No! They throw them into the pond. Need a gun at this course, it's in a sketchy area bordered by a lousy trailer park. Hookers used to walk through it but the county fixed the fence (good job Lee County). The local club also pays the homeless that live in the palmettos money when they find a disc. I've never had anyone call me when they found a disc of mine.

I have had two 10x Cheetahs stolen and ran down a kid with my 2nd run Buzzz just as he stuffed it into his bag. All of these situations happened on the lower part of Dabney state park in Troutdale Oregon. The kid was 16 and it saved him from a beating but it didn't save his discs. I threw every single one of them off the bank of hole 18 towards the Sandy river. Some of you may think that a dick move, but he was straight stealing and had to learn.

I forgot the best part. I threw my shot, got half way down the fairway,saw the kid running with my disc and I run him down. He looks at me all guilty and asks "Is this your disc"?. He was literally trying to stuff it in his bag when I got to him.

unrelated.
My very first disc fell into the area of an adjacent hole once. after spending an hour trying to find it we gave up. later that month my friend found some kid throwing my disc with my name on it so she bagged it and walked off and returned it to me haha.

But in the event you catch someone red handed and they refuse to give it back. would cops support you on this? i mean, if you got your name and number on it atleast.

I figured with the sport growing and with many discs ripped off this past year that I know of, that we should help one another out and see what holes out there are known for disc theft. I will gladly start this topic out with holes that I have had one ripped off or have known of them being ripped off.

Plymouth Creek-Its been reported by Scott Markquart that hole 1 and 8 have had many kids "just chilling" in areas of disc traffic. I will also throw the blind #2 which is the most well known hole for disc theft at that course being a blind anny/sidearm shot for rightys. It takes a long time to get to the hole up the hill, the kids chill in the brush more towards the dome area and swipe your discs.

Sunnyside-I am assuming the same group of kids that are at Plymouth but a couple months back before random dubs we warmed up on hole 1 and unloaded many shots. There was a group of 4 on hole 9 just hanging out and 1 walked towards our discs, 2 of us ran up there and you could see one buddy signal for his buddy to get his butt back to the teepad.

Acorn-hole #6, this might not be an issue now but there were a couple kids riding bikes back and forth, watching hyzers land and discs disappear. This in my opinion would be the easiest hole to rip discs off from because it takes 30 seconds to get down there and the park exit is 50 ft from the basket.

Central-hole #7, the hill hole. I had a pro destroyer land on the side of the hill 2 falls ago now, a group of 3 kids rode bikes up the side and down and got out of there............with my disc.

Bassett Creek-#9. During leagues this summer a very good player had his 10 yr buzzz stolen by a rec player who was the group behind on hole 8. That group disappeared and so did his brand new 10 yr buzzz.

I know this time of the year is not an issue but I am curious if anyone else has came across these groups of theifs or knows of other holes. Thanks!

Why don't you post this info. on the "Hole tips" on the course page.

Latest posts