• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] discmania FD- jackal ...its coming

I think the Discmania TD feels similar, but faster and less stable once broken in.

I want to get a Discmania hat, FD2, and light g*FD. Would also be interested in c line FD and PD in 150g class.

I was thinking about the TD also, the nose has that similar rounded feel as opposed to a sharper driver edge, if that makes sense.

And for anyone looking for 2nd runs, I got another one from Justin at community discs..I've picked up a couple and he probably has more.

For some reason I thought the FD consisted of a modified Archangel rim...

And for anyone looking for 2nd runs, I got another one from Justin at community discs..I've picked up a couple and he probably has more.

Good to know.

Discgolfcenter.com's stock is all second runs also. I'm finding it harder to come across third runs more than seconds. Not sure how much longer that'll be true for.

If you find third runs somewhere please share, I'm really trying to be patient and wait for the store to open but I'd really like a non 2nd run in the bag sooner than later. Have you ordered from DGC since Wade got his Discmania restock?

If you find third runs somewhere please share, I'm really trying to be patient and wait for the store to open but I'd really like a non 2nd run in the bag sooner than later. Have you ordered from DGC since Wade got his Discmania restock?

I've got a 165 gram C on the way from DGC that I think is from the restock. I'll report back when it's in hand to see what run it is. Are 3rd runs in JL, or is there another way to distinguish them?

I dropped by the store last week right after they had restocked actually. I only looked at their FD's and PD's though.

The FD's were all 2nd runs. I noticed that some of their PD's were of the flat JL patent number variety. Can't remember which colors though, I want to say orange...

In flight, yes. In feel, not so much. I always thought the Fury and the Saint are kinda similar in that regard, faster discs though.

If I had my eyes closed I couldn't tell ya if I was holding my C-FD or Z XL. They make a great fairway combo too, especially if you find "normal" FDs too domey.

OK, so I'm in the on-again stage of my off-again-on-again relationship with the FD, and I think I've figured out why I keep coming back: This thing feels so good in the hand. It's comfortable and ergonomic, and just feels like it was built with hands in mind.

On that note, can anyone think of anything else that feels similar? I would love to add some more stuff to try that feels close...

couldn't agree more with this statement. IMO it's got one of the best in hand feels of any disc. currently my favorite driver, if not disc, ever.

I'm always saddened that it's not more popular of a disc, but i guess that just means (even) more second runs for me...

My 2nd run hoarding has gotten so bad, that anytime I step into discgolfcenter, the first question they ask is "More FD's?"

Based on what whentherainiscome says, i might have to try out a z-xl though.

I've seen one XL on the course and never held one, so I looked at Marshall Street's chart and saw it's one speed up and the same stability as the FD. Obviously no chart is gospel, so can anyone chime in with what an X or Z XL will fly like?

If I had my eyes closed I couldn't tell ya if I was holding my C-FD or Z XL. They make a great fairway combo too, especially if you find "normal" FDs too domey.
Even though I don't throw the FD anymore, it still feels nice in the hand. Z-XL doesn't and it's either because of the plastic or the vertical rim shape. I know people are different though.

I've seen one XL on the course and never held one, so I looked at Marshall Street's chart and saw it's one speed up and the same stability as the FD. Obviously no chart is gospel, so can anyone chime in with what an X or Z XL will fly like?

They're a hyzerflip-to-laser for me, I haven't spent too much time with mine. Pairs well with a 2nd run CFD. XL might be faster on the chart (even Discraft lists it as a distance driver, not fairway) but has a slightly smaller rim at 1.7cm, FD at 1.8cm.

I'm still using CFD + Leopards. The domey factory second C-FD I got has been disappointing. My 8/10 Pro Leopard has less turn. I've only thrown one of the three F-2nd CFDs I got, maybe it's a freak.

How flat are the gstar fds? My leopard was surprisingly flat, I'm hoping these turned out flatter also.

Just FYI, the C-FD I just got from Disc Golf Center appears to be second run. Nice and flat, bubbles in the rim. And it's a freaking lazer beam. Love it.

Latest posts