• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Do you Approach with the same putter that you putt with?

Midnightbiker

* Ace Member *
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just wondering if you use one putter for approaches, and one for just putting, or do you use one putter for anything under 200ft?

Just wondering if you use one putter for approaches, and one for just putting, or do you use one putter for anything under 200ft?
Yes - I carry my twins, 174 (R-)Pro Rhynos for putting and approaching. I also have a 176 Opto Pure for drives and occasional approaches, but it is sneaky long and is hard to gauge distance sometimes because of its lack of fade.

I use one putter for all putts inside of 100' and have several other molds for approaches and drives.

I carry 3 putters - Wizard, Banger, Ringer. One is my main putting putter but I use all of them for drives and approaches depending on conditions.

I feel more comfortable with a single putter mold. Be it drive, approach, or putt. It could be ridiculous, but I feel like it helps me be more in tune with the mold. I use different plastics in each condition, but ALWAYS a wizard. There's currently a G9i, SSS, and Eraser in my bag. Though I have S, SS, and Evo wizards as well.

Putting putter is anode. Pa4 is my approach putter. Just love the response I get from the pa4 it does everything I ask of it. If I had to I could drop pa4 and use anodes for my only putter slot, but that is no fun. :)

I use an array of Suspects (not technically a putter, I know) for approaches. I have small runty fingers and the shallow rim helps me get a confident release. Good for FH too. :thmbup:

And a ZERO Hard Pure for all putts, regardless of length or conditions...

RFF Wizard for putting, Grip Spike for <100' approaches, SSS Wizard/Classic Judge for driving/long approaches.

Soft Banger GT for all putts and Aviar Driver/ PA4 for approaches.

SS Warlock for putting duties, DX Aviar PnA for longer putts and most approaches. If it's windy I'll use a KC Aviar or Zone.

Soft Banger GT! Putting and approach. Anything farther out or utility it's either Buzzz GT or Zone.

Everything is a wizard. Rff for approaches and drives and now that it's freezing they firm up and feel more like an eraser so I'll putt with it when my softs get too slick.

Soft for putts. I'm in the process of breaking in a variety of plastics to see which ones I like most. My soft has broken into straight with no fade. My rff is still perfectly straight unfortunately. Will hopefully break into under stable. If it doesn't then I will use my sss and break that in instead.

I used to use a bunch of different putters and I had good results. This commitment to cycling is mostly a personal test, but it had been working out very well. My putting has gotten much better because I have multiple putters to practice with of the same mold.

I do use a breaker for flicks and big wind but my og wizards are pretty over stable.

I only carry one putter and I use it for approaches too. I also approach with mids frequently, and sometimes drivers.

I'll switch between my KC and JK Aviars for approaches, depending on how treacherous the landing is/if I'm running it, etc. The Pig, Tank and Breaker are just for off the tee shots.

Latest posts