• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hyzer flip?!

do you throw hyzer flips?

• Yes

Votes: 177 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Wut? i flex errrrrythang.

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
when called for (tight lines) I hyza flip, but since my sidearm game is strong & the courses here are pretty open, I flex most of the time. my hyzer flip just isn't predictable enough to go exactly where I want it to end up.

it was a big game changer; realizing those flippy discs have a purpose.

I really like to use a hyzer flip (especially with a midrange) when I have a tight shot with a late-ish turn to my understable side - so I can't throw a big anhyzer. Then I will throw a very understable disc that would normally turn over too soon. Throwing a very understable disc wing-down will take a bit more effort to make the disc flatten out and then turn over but the goal is to have the turn happen later in the flight than it normally does. That's one more reason I just can't part with my last Discraft disc - The Meteor.

Hyzerflip list:

168g - Aj 3 line star Destroyer
170g - gstar TL
175g - retro Claymore
175g - KC Pro Aviar

Those are just the discs I hyzerflip most that I bag right now.

Very important shot/technique to have...doesn't have to be understable disc, stable discs do it better. Less hyzer needed, more controllable "flip" to flat.

For 15 years I only threw them. Then I cleaned up my form to a point where I can throw flat and stay flat and land flat without having to burn out my OAT on flip.

You really don't get frisbees. Or life really.

I flip a lat64 gold line diamond, its super easy to flip to straight, flip to turn over to fade back, and flip to turn over no fading back.

Flip my leopard and leo3

Sometimes my Tern and testing out the flip on a Daedalas

I flip a lat64 gold line diamond, its super easy to flip to straight, flip to turn over to fade back, and flip to turn over no fading back.

Flip my leopard and leo3

Sometimes my Tern and testing out the flip on a Daedalas

Yes, but do you know which of those it's going to be?...every time? ;)

Ain't that the trick? Basically the art of disc golf is the art of the hyzer flip. Even the pros won't get it right every time.

Better with a more stable disc that flips to flat pretty reliably. With understable, it may flip to...whatever. Turnover and anhyzer drives, which he mentions in there, aren't the same thing.

My RHBH Roller leaves my hand on a hyzer, flips to about 10 o'clock and then hits the ground.
Beaten-to-death DX Beast and I'm pretty consistent with it.

Better with a more stable disc that flips to flat pretty reliably. With understable, it may flip to...whatever. Turnover and anhyzer drives, which he mentions in there, aren't the same thing.

It's not that much better than under throwing a stable disc. It just depends on which side of the rough you want to end up in, on the left with an under-powered stable disc or on the right with an over-powered, understable disc. Sometimes a skip off an unintentional hyzer will bury me as deep in the schule as an unintentional roller will. :\

----------------------------------

I regularly bag a: Polecat, Fuse, Seer, beat to hell P-PD, Heat, and a King (and Sword) so yeah, I hyzer-flip quite a bit. :hfive:

justin said:
I really like to use a hyzer flip (especially with a midrange) when I have a tight shot with a late-ish turn to my understable side - so I can't throw a big anhyzer. Then I will throw a very understable disc that would normally turn over too soon. Throwing a very understable disc wing-down will take a bit more effort to make the disc flatten out and then turn over but the goal is to have the turn happen later in the flight than it normally does. That's one more reason I just can't part with my last Discraft disc - The Meteor.
This exactly. I find this a lot easier than forcing an anny to carry to and around the turn. I don't throw annys much anymore so I have the tendency to hit late and shank them into the first tree immediately to my right. :eek:

Yup. Plus stable discs need major seasoning if you have clean form before they really flip to flat and dont fade out.

I rarely try to throw a disc "flat" unless im just going for max D on a open hole where placement isnt a big deal at all which often ends up a slight anny anyways lol. I think throwing flat might be nearly impossible 75% of the time due to user error alone.

It's not that much better than under throwing a stable disc. It just depends on which side of the rough you want to end up in, on the left with an under-powered stable disc or on the right with an over-powered, understable disc. Sometimes a skip off an unintentional hyzer will bury me as deep in the schule as an unintentional roller will. :\

----------------------------------

I regularly bag a: Polecat, Fuse, Seer, beat to hell P-PD, Heat, and a King (and Sword) so yeah, I hyzer-flip quite a bit. :hfive:

This exactly. I find this a lot easier than forcing an anny to carry to and around the turn. I don't throw annys much anymore so I have the tendency to hit late and shank them into the first tree immediately to my right. :eek:

How about ending up straight? Hyzer-flipping a stable-neutral disc that doesn't have much fade, but also isn't too flippy so it's lost to the right? What's with this assumption that you can only hyzer-flip understable discs?