• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hyzer flip?!

do you throw hyzer flips?

• Yes

Votes: 177 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Wut? i flex errrrrythang.

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Well.. Do you?

Probably the most important technique thing IMO and what really opened my eyes up early on watching a disc flip up and turn over/ land straight.

Love em' #gethyzer

Last edited:
Sadly, I still have a hard time NOT throwing with hyzer (at least backhand). Of course when I throw my Relay there's a lot more hyzer than when I throw my Teebird or Predator...

I wish I could throw like that. Being generally new, how does one throw like that? What kind of disc is used for that?

Understable discs. Start with some slower mids for sure or even putters too if you want to get it down. I first learned with a slow midrange and then figured out how to throw putters far using hyzer flips. Great shot for wooded courses too.

Comet was the first disc I learned to hyzer flip (BH). Some courses I'll hyzer flip my Z Comet on half the tees. Spent years trying figure out how to get a Buzzz to flip but they are just too stable for it. Just worked in a Roadrunner as my distance hyzer flip and it's fitting my game really nice.

Nice! A buzzz really needs to be seasoned b4 it flips over and tends to stay straight for a long time even in lower grade plastic. Makes sense... Comet is a great hyzer flip disc.

I use the theory and relay the most on this line these days.

Discs I regularly hyza flip:
X Stratus
150 Z Storm
a beat 164 JLS
Unlace
150 D Crank

I throw my King, Stag and Atom on Hyzerflip lines a lot. Great way to get controlled distance.

The 'flip is one of the sweetest throws in the game. I think nearly all players are doing it, even though they may not know it.

I attempt to hyzer flip but sometimes it doesn't always go how I planned.

I use my X Comet for such shots... it flies pretty nice. I'm still dialing in the hyzer angle. It flies pretty straight for the most part.

I would guestimate something like 80% or more of my teeshots are some kind of hyzer flip. Mandatory shot to know the ins and outs of if you want to play well in the woods.

The 'flip is one of the sweetest throws in the game. I think nearly all players are doing it, even though they may not know it.

Eh, evidence on the course is many players are throwing anny flex shots and eating OATs. Even in some recent DD videos it doesnt look fresh and clean on the AM side for "hows this disc work blah"

I play a ton of SuperClass so uh yeah of course.

I get more distance when I hyzer flip my Destroyers than Aim does with his Orbitals...;)

Sadly, I still have a hard time NOT throwing with hyzer (at least backhand). Of course when I throw my Relay there's a lot more hyzer than when I throw my Teebird or Predator...
In all seriousness, I have hard time not throw with hyzer as well. I pretty much never try to throw a flat shot. I purposfully put a little hyzer or a little anny on everything. I find I'm much more consistent that way. If your off by only a few degrees when your trying to throw perfectly flat, that will really mess up the flight your trying to achieve. I don't think throwing mostly hyzer is necessary a bad thing, even sidewinder22 has said "get hyzer" before (though I may be taking his words out of context).

Most definitely.
Approach: DX Cobra, Onyx, Leo
Distance: Starlite Tern, beat Fission Photon, Blizzard Destroyer
As my form improves and I'm starting to cross the 325' I'm hyzer flipping more and more.

Ive seen that te moko at GGGT i think.. A huge sonic?

Yeah kinda. Really "overstable" for a SuperClass disc. I throw it less and less now as the Champ Zephyr is a better version of it and I can throw it around trees.

Weird.. OS lids are not my favorite. Been wanting to pick up some kind of premium version of one for fun tho..

Latest posts