• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Do you hyzer flip?!

do you throw hyzer flips?

• Yes

Votes: 177 94.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Wut? i flex errrrrythang.

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
Yup. Plus stable discs need major seasoning if you have clean form before they really flip to flat and dont fade out.

I rarely try to throw a disc "flat" unless im just going for max D on a open hole where placement isnt a big deal at all which often ends up a slight anny anyways lol. I think throwing flat might be nearly impossible 75% of the time due to user error alone.

Come on AIM, I hyzer-flipped my Inertia's from day one resulting in nice straight finish...and I'm sure you did to. The Impulse?...not so much. Hard to control the amount of turn.

How about ending up straight? Hyzer-flipping a stable-neutral disc that doesn't have much fade, but also isn't too flippy so it's lost to the right? What's with this assumption that you can only hyzer-flip understable discs?

What's with the assumption that your way is better? You can hyzer flip some overstable discs if you have the arm for it or they have a lot of weird turn in their HSS flight but that doesn't make it any necessarily better than flipping a stable disc or an understable one.

Understable discs are just easier to flip out of the box, hence why people keep mentioning them. It's no big deal, broseph. :)

What's with the assumption that your way is better? You can hyzer flip some overstable discs if you have the arm for it or they have a lot of weird turn in their HSS flight but that doesn't make it any necessarily better than flipping a stable disc or an understable one.

Understable discs are just easier to flip out of the box, hence why people keep mentioning them. It's no big deal, broseph. :)

I'm NOT talking about hyzer-flipping overtsable discs, never said that. "Stable" you bet.

Yeah, yeah

Yes, but do you know which of those it's going to be?...every time? ;)

Yeah, I've just about have the power dialed in to flip up straight, flip turn over to fade, flip to turn over no fade. Some times I get turn over to fade when I don't want fade..lol But I'm starting to get it dialed.

Angle, speed/power, height -- get all 3 just right and hyzer flips are money. If any of the 3 are off, results can vary widely. :eek:

The only thing I don't like about throwing flat is keeping a disc in the straight sweet spot can be a pain from discs seasoning whereas hyzer flipping extends the lifespan of my favorite discs tremendously.

I also have a tendency to roll my wrist over in my follow through and hyzer flipping actually reduces variables in my throw. :\

I hyzer flip ultimate discs.

If a disc golf mold flips on me, I hunt for something more stable. Flippiness = unpredictability, especially in windy Midwest climates. Then again, I prefer to throw on a flat trajectory.

I hyzer flip ultimate discs.

If a disc golf mold flips on me, I hunt for something more stable. Flippiness = unpredictability, especially in windy Midwest climates. Then again, I prefer to throw on a flat trajectory.

Aren't you a sidearm guy too? Not very many hyzer flippers who mostly sidearm.

Not very many hyzer flippers who mostly sidearm.

That's how I throw, BH or FH. Heck I throw Zephyrs FH sometimes and no I'm not kidding.

That's how I throw, BH or FH. Heck I throw Zephyrs FH sometimes and no I'm not kidding.

I just grabbed a Zephyr off my desk... How the hell do you get a comfortable grip to forehand that puppy?! :eek: Just feels like the rim is gouging into my hand and I have decent sized hands...

What I'm talking about.
Have no idea. It was an orbital and actually didnt turn much at all justa slight helix.

My point was throwing hyzer flips takes away many of the "variables" he was talking about. You can get sloppier with release angle and heighg etc bc you're manipulating the disc to fly straight regardless. Get off a little on a so called "flat throw" and welp... Better have that OS plastic on hand'

FWIW i also learned how to hyzer flip throwing FHs. Skeeter and monarch. YOULIKETHAT?!

Hyzer flips are the bomb. I accidently did it to a Buzzz once and it was a beautiful thing!

I fh flip my boy's dragon, I have to go almost vertical it feels like, but fun as sh!t.

Depends on the disc, wind conditions, ceiling and what you want out of the hyzer flip flight path. And Thug is on the money regarding flipping ultimates, if you can get an ultimate to fly straight in a 20+ mph headwind you can hyzer flip anything.