• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Dynamic Discs Renegade

You having some draft problems there, Smitty? :D

I will definitely be trying this disc, though. Wish I could try before I buy. Maybe I should drive down to the GBO...

Better valk? I need a valk replacement.

You could probably do everything that your Valk can do but I find the lucid escape to be closer. This is faster and longer. I'd say more like a Krait with more turn and a slightly slower rim. It's hard to say really I just want to throw it more. I'm going to plead my case to whoever is at DD later before I go play. It's for science. :|

Maybe a slightly slower version of the Bolt?

Maybe a slightly slower version of the Bolt?

That's probably closer than the Surge SS or Flow comparisons. It's not really all that close to anything for me at this point. I'll try to get a better feel for it when I can get one to throw more.

You said it will be in the GBO players pack... do you know when it will be available for the rest of us? GBO is mid-April right?

You said it will be in the GBO players pack... do you know when it will be available for the rest of us? GBO is mid-April right?

GBO is April 12, 13, 14 and yes the one Smitty pictured is what will be in the player pack. GBO stamped lucid renegade. Not sure when it will be available online, maybe that weekend or maybe later in that week after the tourney. If you can get to Emporia for it I would do so. The players pack is going to be awesome, mother nature told me she's taking it easy this year.

This is exciting! If DD keeps up like this, I will be throwing an all DD bag. Now who do I speak to about a sponsorship?

My thoughts exactly!!! I have loved everything that DD, with the great help of Lat64, has released. I wish I knew these were releasing this soon before I jumped and bought a Finish stamped Underworld.

I sent an email to Tomas Ekström asking if Latitude 64 will be making a faster Striker or Saint (6-7-glide, -1 Turn, 2 Fade) as these are my personal favorites out of latitudes product line. His response was:

"Making a speed 12-13 disc with so much glide and small fade is almost impossible due to the wide rim. Closest to those numbers are our Bolt and the new upcoming driver from Dynamic Discs - Renegade."

This may or may not shed some light on the Renegade's flight. My hope is it is a longer Striker or Saint around a speed 10 or 11. The Flow has the same (-1 turn, 2 fade), but feels like more turn than a Striker due to the (6 glide). I think that (-1 turn, 2 fade) is the sweet spot for latitude products (Riot, Saint, Striker, Vision, Spike, Flow, Northman, Escape, & Fugitive). Hopefully they can hit a 10 or 11 speed and 5 glide, I think it would be perfect for long stable straight control shots.

Definitely sounds like a flat top Flow

The profile pic is at the top. It's not all that flat and the flows I've owned were all flatter than the tester I threw. I'm all about making comparisons so you guys know what to expect but even I wouldn't call it a Flow or Surge SS or anything else. I'm not saying it's a disc you've never experienced but it's not just like anything else either. Testers were still in the RV yesterday I'll go back tomorrow or Thursday and get one to throw more. They got a concave disc to glide awesome (suspect) so I'm sure they can make a flippy and super long distance driver no problem. :D

Eric McCabe has a first run Lucid Renegade for sale on Facebook, and he said the ratings are: Speed 11 Glide 5 Turn -1.5 Fade 2.5

Since smitty already got you profile pics and details on these I'm not really letting the cat out of the bag with what I'm posting here. I don't have a date for sale I think it's on Emac's facebook along with pictures of the flight numbers.

Those being 11 5 -1.5 2.5

Got in plenty of throws today with the seven I was thankful to be given and took them back an hour ago. Got about 65 bucks in paypal waiting for release. BioFuzion being my favorite. Easier to turn and longest by a few feet average for me. Longer than my GL Saint by a good 25 feet it's going in the bag. But thankfully not going to replace the Saint. A lot more fade. That's all I got. Come to the GBO and get yours enjoy the nice Kansas spring. :)

Stack O' Renegades. Somewhat domey light weight lucid first run, another one of those in max weight, two of the flat top production stamped 172 & 174, two slight dome biofuzion 174ish.

11szih0.jpg

One of the flat tops production stamps. 174g More beef on this burger. Pretty straight with fade. Less glide but still long. Kinda flat wraith like.
2w4jluo.jpg

Since smitty already got you profile pics and details on these I'm not really letting the cat out of the bag with what I'm posting here. I don't have a date for sale I think it's on Emac's facebook along with pictures of the flight numbers.

Those being 11 5 -1.5 2.5

Got in plenty of throws today with the seven I was thankful to be given and took them back an hour ago. Got about 65 bucks in paypal waiting for release. BioFuzion being my favorite. Easier to turn and longest by a few feet average for me. Longer than my GL Saint by a good 25 feet it's going in the bag. But thankfully not going to replace the Saint. A lot more fade. That's all I got. Come to the GBO and get yours enjoy the nice Kansas spring. :)

Stack O' Renegades. Somewhat domey light weight lucid first run, another one of those in max weight, two of the flat top production stamped 172 & 174, two slight dome biofuzion 174ish.

11szih0.jpg

One of the flat tops production stamps. 174g More beef on this burger. Pretty straight with fade. Less glide but still long. Kinda flat wraith like.
2w4jluo.jpg

Did you notice a difference in stability across the plastics? If so, what? If this turns out to be like I hope, I'm getting one in each plastic.

Yeah the flat top production stamped lucid ones were the least understable. So most overstable. The domier first run lucid were next and then BioFuzion this time is the most understable. Not much of a difference really but enough to make it worth trying the different plastics.

I could see taking the PD from my bag since I don't use it much anymore and putting in one of the flat top renegades along with a biofuzion. Not similar just needing the room

I threw them in a slight headwind and they always fought back left. I outthrew my max distance on just about every hole I used one on. Effortless distance too which is nice. It should fill the spot I was hoping to use the D4 in. Will pair perfectly with the Trepass and fit between those and my GL Saint. Hope the gbo stamped one in my player pack will be lightweight. I really enjoyed throwing the domey one at 168g. Pretty forgiving if you give it a little OAT but a slight hyzer with good form was always rewarded with high turning shots for me. I can't wait for Fuzion Renegades.

In the hand it felt really close to a TD2 I recently tested out. Nothing like it in flight though. I'd say more like a beat in wraith that booms.

Flow comparison not as off as I thought although it's still not a flow. Maybe a really good flow that you worked in over the course of a year's play. Should be great for slower arms like me or a great roller turnover disc for big arms.

Last edited:
steeze do you have any experience with swords and if so how would one of these pair with a heavier VIP sword?

Thinking of making the trip out to watch the GBO, are these renegades going to be available to anyone or is it only in the players pack?