• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Fantasy Disc Golf – The 2012 Season **Official Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Count me against - I'd prefer US Masters as well. Belgian Open might be an equalizer, but it's a pretty random equalizer that won't reward any particular skill/research in making choices.

Belgian Open would be like putting 3 1/2 inch trees right in front of the basket . . . a good shot may or may not be rewarded, leaving too much up to luck. At least some of us might know some of the US masters players rewarding those who do their research or already know some of the people.

A lousy 509 last week! That kills me. Does anyone know the general payout we're going with? I'm thinking I might scrape the edge of it.

A lousy 509 last week! That kills me. Does anyone know the general payout we're going with? I'm thinking I might scrape the edge of it.

here

below is a rough draft of the payouts for this tour. it is subject to change.

1st, 7 discs
2nd, 6 discs
3rd, 5 discs

4th, 3 discs
5th, 3 discs
6th, 2 discs
7th, 2 discs
8th, 1 discs
9th, 1 discs

top 9 baby! that's where you want to be!

here's our current leaders:
1st The bcr123psu's Team 564
2nd Team Sweden 563
3rd Chunder Down Under 559
4th Big Weekend 553
5th Luke's Team 552
6th hipster's Team 548
7th Avus' Team 546
8th Steven Clark's Team 539
9th Team HyzerBomb 539
24th Team Brall 498

Belgian Open would be like putting 3 1/2 inch trees right in front of the basket . . . a good shot may or may not be rewarded, leaving too much up to luck. At least some of us might know some of the US masters players rewarding those who do their research or already know some of the people.

note to those wanting the US Masters. i'm currently setting up the second league and that tournament is unavailable at this time.

can someone please provide a pdga link to the US Masters?

I too am against the Belgian Open, unless there will be a lot of Americans there whose names we know.
I like the Master being added.
I also like the idea of Worlds being added.

DSCJNKY

Woohoo... big jump from 8th to 4th.

Just double checked my picks for this weekend and am glad I did... there would have been some no-shows in there for me.

DSCJNKY

What a way to end the first tour.
I go to log in and make Majestic picks and it says N/A?
Why can't we make picks up to the first tee time?
:wall:

one good rule of thumb is to make picks a few days out then periodically check to see if new people are available or if old picks have left.

i generally make picks 2 days out then check around 15 hours before the timer runs out.

That would be bizarre - only thing I can think of is injury?

I have him on my squad, but I have a substitute picked as well. Hell, since picks are locked, we might as well say who we've got, Mr. Team Sweden :)

Men:
Schusterick (captain)
Leiviska
Feldberg
Ulibarri

Woman:
Blair

Substitute : Devan Owens

This is the second week in a row that one of my picks who was pre-registered disappeared right before the tournament. At least I picked a substitute this time.

That would be bizarre - only thing I can think of is injury?

I have him on my squad, but I have a substitute picked as well. Hell, since picks are locked, we might as well say who we've got, Mr. Team Sweden :)

Men:
Schusterick (captain)
Leiviska
Feldberg
Ulibarri

Woman:
Blair

Substitute : Devan Owens

I have the exact same picks (same sub too) as you but Leiviska is/was my captain. If Cale is out does my sub become my new captain?>

Edit: I see Blair is out too! Blast!

Last edited:
Taken from the rules:

ill a substitute replace my captain?

Yes. If your captain is eligible for substitution (see above), they will be given preference when substitutes are made. The substitute will receive the captain multiplier.

All I can say is Go Eric Mccabe, otherwise Cales withdrawal might kill my chance of winning a disc. The pdga/fantasy stuff is imperfect at this point, usually a guy is written into the starting lineup he plays, but not in disc golf I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts