• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Farthest you've ever traveled for a round

Cheney, WA to Missoula, MT is the furthest in the states I've traveled for a round. It was supposed to be a 3.5 hour trip each way , but the highway was shut down for an hour on the way there due to a big car wreck. Luckily for me this was before Montana changed it's open container law. Traffic beers are the best, better than shower beers or even the coveted toilet beer It was worth riding there to throw Blue Montain.

Cheney, WA to Missoula, MT is the furthest in the states I've traveled for a round. It was supposed to be a 3.5 hour trip each way , but the highway was shut down for an hour on the way there due to a big car wreck. Luckily for me this was before Montana changed it's open container law. Traffic beers are the best, better than shower beers or even the coveted toilet beer It was worth riding there to throw Blue Montain.

NICE:hfive:

I lost a disc at Glenburnie while on vacation one year. Ran into the local club president on my way out and asked him to keep an eye out. A couple weeks later I get an email saying it was found. So I drive 2+ hours back down there and play their weekly doubles while I'm there. Nice group down there. Ever since I've tried to play their weekly doubles when I'm vacationing at the beach nearby.

Almost 3 hours to Flip from Flint. Drove out, played 2 rounds, drove back. That random trip is always worth it

Did a day trip in June while I was in Boston for a conference. Picked up the rental car at 7am (was waiting at the door when they opened) and proceeded to hit to go to a course in MA, then RI, then CT, then MA again. Pulled into the rental place back in Boston at 6:59pm. Ended up paying the gas charge to get back in time. That was a good day.

If only The Hammer was in here. He flew from AZ -> GA to play flyboy for the weekend.

Did a day trip in June while I was in Boston for a conference. Picked up the rental car at 7am (was waiting at the door when they opened) and proceeded to hit to go to a course in MA, then RI, then CT, then MA again. Pulled into the rental place back in Boston at 6:59pm. Ended up paying the gas charge to get back in time. That was a good day.

Now that's one way to get Rhode Island off the list! :clap:

In one sitting? Seven hours to Paw Paw, WV for Woodshed and Whipping Post. I've technically driven further than that, but I stopped along the way to throw a round and stretch my legs.

Now that's one way to get Rhode Island off the list! :clap:

If I would have had more time, I would have gotten up and bagged NH, too...but I didn't want to have to drop off the rental at the airport. Lots more cost involved in that!

I recently flew from Los Angeles to Ohio. Hopped in a car and drove to Maine. Played courses the whole way.

4200+ miles
42 courses
18 states

So I guess from California to Maine

I recently flew from Los Angeles to Ohio. Hopped in a car and drove to Maine. Played courses the whole way.

4200+ miles
42 courses
18 states

So I guess from California to Maine

Dang. Picked a cool part of the country to see on your trip.

probably one of the more epic days in my playing history actually... we traveled 3 hours south leaving at 5 AM and hit up 2 courses on the way then played 5 different courses in town and drove back in the dark tired as hell but one of the best days of DG I've had. Courses have since been removed or changed so its a trip we can never take again.

Pretty cool thread to bring me back--thanks!

I took the bus over the summertime to Milwaukee on an overnight trip. That took freaking forever...Most uncomforatble ride ever and a 2 hour layover at 3am.

probably one of the more epic days in my playing history actually... we traveled 3 hours south leaving at 5 AM and hit up 2 courses on the way then played 5 different courses in town and drove back in the dark tired as hell but one of the best days of DG I've had. Courses have since been removed or changed so its a trip we can never take again.

Pretty cool thread to bring me back--thanks!

I had an epic day like that once there were about 8 of us called it the DISContinued tour, played 7 courses in a day, was supposed to be 9 but we ran out of light.

Thanks for bring that back for me, my shoulder hurts again thinking about it. :D

Road tripped from Washington DC to Chicago area for Worlds last year, in a beat up old Aztek driven by the legendary Jack Stanton. We ate Portillo's Italian beef sandwiches just about every meal. Epic.

A group of us guys have travelled to Charlotte (3.5hrs) for a few rounds.

My son and I have done 2 or 3 courses in a day, with maybe 6-8 hours of travel.

Many times I have gotten off a plane, rented a car and played a course before checking into a hotel, eating or doing other touristy things.

Latest posts