• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Favorite Disc (Prelims)

you have to...theyre still the same disc....thats like saying you cant put the elite z buzzz along with the elite x buzzz....or a ce first run valk with a star valk...theyre still the same disc, just a different mold and plastic

That is where the water gets muddy though. I mean a Buzzz is a Buzzz is a Buzzz, but theres a reason people refer to San Marino Rocs, Ontario Rocs, Flat Top Rocs, and Rancho Rocs.

you have to...theyre still the same disc....thats like saying you cant put the elite z buzzz along with the elite x buzzz....or a ce first run valk with a star valk...theyre still the same disc, just a different mold and plastic

There are how many different molds of Rocs (and Aviars for that matter)? That has nothing to do with the plastics in which they're produced. For the sake of the poll, I agree though. Most people on here (pretty much everybody) have just been generalizing so you should lump them together.

That is where the water gets muddy though. I mean a Buzzz is a Buzzz is a Buzzz, but theres a reason people refer to San Marino Rocs, Ontario Rocs, Flat Top Rocs, and Rancho Rocs.

You beat me to it. To be fair, there are three Buzzzes (Buzzz, Buzzz SS, Buzzz GT)

Last edited:
At least for the Avenger and the Avenger SS, I put those as two different discs. There hasn't been a Buzzz SS so far I don't think, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

innova still calls them a roc dont they?!?!? it might be a different mold, but its still considered the same disc....

I believe all those different molds are called a Roc so that they don't have to get each mold PDGA approved individually. If they were more specific with the names they'd probably have to get them approved individually as well, despite still having "Roc" in the title.

They're all called Rocs yes, but they're far from being the same. Hand a Flat Top thrower a Classic (or any other) after they lost theirs and say, "Here's a Roc for you." When they explain to you they're not the same, see if your "It says Roc, it's a Roc" holds any water. Even if they took it, their throws would be off. Also, if they were all the same, you wouldn't find the outrageous auction prices on the real rare OOP ones like you do.

When I putted with Classic Aviars, I would've turned down a P&A in the event of losing mine. I would've just chosen to putt with my Buzzz because my timing would've been off with the P&A anyway. That's the joy of putting with a disc very few people use.

At least for the Avenger and the Avenger SS, I put those as two different discs. There hasn't been a Buzzz SS so far I don't think, so hopefully that won't be an issue.

If you wanted to break it down, you'd have to rerun the poll. That would then launch a "What kind of Roc do I throw thread?," which just isn't worth it. I would like to see a thread like that anyway though, because I would really like to get a look at each Roc as I don't know which one I tried and didn't like.

Last edited:
innova still calls them a roc dont they?!?!? it might be a different mold, but its still considered the same disc....

all I'm saying is it muddies up the water. We so often compare Buzzz to Roc and by doing so we are comparing one mold on the Discraft side to multiple molds for Innova. Yes its one disc name vs one disc name but are we throwing names?

Latest posts