• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg interview

I like Dave Feldberg. I think the best pro athletes do have huge ego's, thats why they are pro's and not just very good amateurs. If you're a humble professional and openly admit that you aren't the very best and you might not win, then chances are 99.9% you wont. Dave believes he is the best, and should have handled Niko more easily. Thats most professionals mindset, it has to be, to be the best of the best at anything. I think hes just really confident in his ability and most of all he let himself down by making little mistakes that costed him a 1st place win.

Even if he is a Donkey on the course and to other people he plays with!

He doesn't have as good a rep with other Pro players as he does with AMs.......most people who play with him a lot get tired of his crap.

DAve feldberg, I watched his clip on putting , that changed my putting life

For the better or worse?

The whole nose up thing killed my putt for like 2 tournaments then I just went back to my normal putt with much better results.

I've known a couple of people that have met Nikko and they all say he is a little punk kid with no respect but based on videos of Feldberg I would have to say he whines too much and has too many excuses.

I have played with Nikko on a couple of occasions while he was in town this past winter. I can honestly say that he was respectful to everyone that I saw and very friendly. Maybe I got him on his good days, but I have nothing but respect for him.

I like Dave Feldberg. I think the best pro athletes do have huge ego's, thats why they are pro's and not just very good amateurs. If you're a humble professional and openly admit that you aren't the very best and you might not win, then chances are 99.9% you wont.

Tell that to Wayne Gretzky.......or since you are from MI, tell that to Steve Yzerman.

I have played with Nikko on a couple of occasions while he was in town this past winter. I can honestly say that he was respectful to everyone that I saw and very friendly. Maybe I got him on his good days, but I have nothing but respect for him.

He is a totally different person when he isn't playing for his food!!!!!!

I have known the kid for 6 years now and he is just misunderstood although he does have his attitude issues from time to time.

Every top professional in their sport has a big ego. It's the only way to get to any professional level. How each pro handles that is up to them. I see Nikko and Dave as the opposite ends of the ego expression spectrum, Nikko beats himself up and can be a distraction, Dave will blame the rest of the world and can be a distraction. Most pros I think internalize their egos, it's the few that wear them on their sleeves that can leave a bad taste in the public's mouth.

I don't condone blaming others or putting down another player in order to make yourself feel better about losing but it's in the mind of all pro's. It was a huge eye open in my experience in the professional bowling ranks. Though the top guys outwardly expressed all the respect in the world to their competitors it was amazing how many had something negative to say about their opponents if they lost, or even had a close match.

I've known a few of the top pros in different sports over the years. One thing I've learned from talking with them, one on one privately, is it's the fear of losing, not the thrill of winning that drives these guys internally.

Having been a competitive athlete throughout most of my life, one thing I learned early on was if it doesn't sting like a bit@h to lose, then you're not really competing as hard as you can. Instead of pointing my finger at the other guy and whining, the first thing I did was point the finger at myself and analyzes what I did wrong. Hell, months after I lost playing in an event, I would wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding, short of breath, after dreaming about missing some shot that cost me winning the event.

What Dave F. and other top players in this sport have done while being interviewed on video is just flat wrong! If this sport has any chance of reaching the big time, you don't criticize other players on camera for the world to see. If I was in the position of being a potential National Tour sponsor, I would take one look at this and other video interviews I've seen lately and know, for a fact, I would take my money and run for the hills. If you have to criticize other players to make yourself feel better, do it privately, not with a camera rolling.

If I was head of the PDGA, I would call these guys down with a suspension, a fine or both. The only way to clean this up is to hit them in the wallet.

Hey, Dave and the other whiny little *******s, a word of warning. The future of this sport is in your hands. When the camera's rolling, at least act like you have some honor and integrity toward the other competitors and, hence, the game. It just might pay off in the long run. Get it through your head, the general disc buying public, who support the companies who support you, is looking for Apple Pie, Mom and the All American Boy. Always keep in mind, you are the ambassadors of the sport.

Anybody remember, in the movie "Bull Durham", Kevin Costner teaching Tim Robbins how to interview once he makes it to the Big Show?

These DG guys seriously need a PR consultant!

Woodpecker< still has a lot of respect for Feldberg for what he's done for the game.

He only got beat by nine this weekend......Nikko won and must have gotten lucky or something???

Hope to see more of the same in the next few weeks and I am feeling another Major or two for the kid very soon.

Yeah Nikko beat him every single round. Maybe Feldberg didn't realize they were playing against each other, because he doesn't lose to Nikko I thought. Id love to see another interview

I've known a few of the top pros in different sports over the years. One thing I've learned from talking with them, one on one privately, is it's the fear of losing, not the thrill of winning that drives these guys internally.

Having been a competitive athlete throughout most of my life, one thing I learned early on was if it doesn't sting like a bit@h to lose, then you're not really competing as hard as you can. Instead of pointing my finger at the other guy and whining, the first thing I did was point the finger at myself and analyzes what I did wrong. Hell, months after I lost playing in an event, I would wake up in the middle of the night with my heart pounding, short of breath, after dreaming about missing some shot that cost me winning the event.

What Dave F. and other top players in this sport have done while being interviewed on video is just flat wrong! If this sport has any chance of reaching the big time, you don't criticize other players on camera for the world to see. If I was in the position of being a potential National Tour sponsor, I would take one look at this and other video interviews I've seen lately and know, for a fact, I would take my money and run for the hills. If you have to criticize other players to make yourself feel better, do it privately, not with a camera rolling.

If I was head of the PDGA, I would call these guys down with a suspension, a fine or both. The only way to clean this up is to hit them in the wallet.

Hey, Dave and the other whiny little *******s, a word of warning. The future of this sport is in your hands. When the camera's rolling, at least act like you have some honor and integrity toward the other competitors and, hence, the game. It just might pay off in the long run. Get it through your head, the general disc buying public, who support the companies who support you, is looking for Apple Pie, Mom and the All American Boy. Always keep in mind, you are the ambassadors of the sport.

Anybody remember, in the movie "Bull Durham", Kevin Costner teaching Tim Robbins how to interview once he makes it to the Big Show?

These DG guys seriously need a PR consultant!

Woodpecker< still has a lot of respect for Feldberg for what he's done for the game.

Some people can't see past today. Ultimately they will hurt themselves and the sport when they act like this. Hopefully we can grow past this.

He only got beat by nine this weekend......Nikko won and must have gotten lucky or something???

Hope to see more of the same in the next few weeks and I am feeling another Major or two for the kid very soon.
Trying to look up what you were talking about made me notice something I actually care about. There is a Scott Stokely sighting at the Colorado State Championships.

Latest posts