• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg on McFlysoHigh

I'm not totally convinced that it's in McFly's best interest to portray every player in the best possible light, nor that the way to "grow the sport" is to whitewash every little bit of negativity out of it. Every other sport has players with major emotional outbursts, and those players drive a lot of the popularity of those sports. Look at how many page views ESPN gets on articles about Yasiel Puig, Richard Sherman, Ron Artest etc. A video showing what happens after the bad shots is going to end up getting a lot more views than a video showing nothing but the disc golf and some happy high fives. Obviously it's a different story if you're making a promotional or instructional video, but I think a lot of people tune in to these tournament videos not only to see the disc golf, but to see how the players interact and react on the course.

I think Dave's stance comes from a lot more selfish place than you're giving him credit for. I think he's worried about his own brand but doesn't want to have to take ownership for that himself.

It's interesting how this controversy follows worlds, where Marty caught Dave calling the volunteer spotters 'F***ING AMATEURS'

It's interesting how this controversy follows worlds, where Marty caught Dave calling the volunteer spotters 'F***ING AMATEURS'
Yep. I remembered hearing it but didn't know whether or not it was Feldberg. Like I believe tbird said if the players could watch their mouths there wouldn't be a problem.
BUT feldbergs gotta act like marty mcfly is the problem here and not foul mouths

I completely agree with whoever said McFly should cut Feldberg completely out of his videos. Show his name in the scores but don't show any of his shots. There's no way he would ever watch a DG vid that he's not in, so that would get him off Marty's back guaranteed...

I completely agree with whoever said McFly should cut Feldberg completely out of his videos. Show his name in the scores but don't show any of his shots. There's no way he would ever watch a DG vid that he's not in, so that would get him off Marty's back guaranteed...

yup absolutely brilliant

Another thing all of these "it's hurting the kids" people clearly don't understand is that if a kid does see a video where players are out there cursing and slinging plastic that's going to make them want to play disc golf even more. Now if their parents tell them disc golf is bad because that guy on there is cursing then the kids are going to want to play disc golf for ****ing sure.

this.. :D

I actually would start filming him harder. Maybe he would clean up his mouth if he was so worried about it being an issue :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last time I checked (specially with youth) actions speak louder than words.

The fact that Marty hasn't uttered a public word of defense on this issue speaks to his character.

This is really a policy issue for the PDGA. I think there is an opportunity for the PDGA to gather its top players and videographers and present a vision of how the PDGA wants to present the image of DG.

Lay out roles, responsibilities and expectations. Also lay out how consequences for poor behavior.

I guess I think this should be dealt with in an adult way.

May want to "forget" to invite Dave to the meeting

I'm assuming Feldberg has stopped smoking on the course - especially in view of children? Surely smoking has harmed more people then the occasional curse word uttered in the heat of competition.

I'm assuming Feldberg has stopped smoking on the course - especially in view of children? Surely smoking has harmed more people then the occasional curse word uttered in the heat of competition.
You'd be assuming wrong.

I recall him getting caught on camera during Worlds sucking down a heater on the teebox.

'Growing the sport' and all that nonsense.

My favorite Feldberg video:

Did you ever figure out the ANSWER? Did you ever call and talk to Crispin about it?

That dude is messed up! :thmbup: :cool:

#BeDynamic

I clicked that hashtag once. Competitive cheer loves #bedynamic, fittingly.

Also Marty did respond, but deleted it. Sad that he bent to the complaint at all. Only time I recall following a Feldy card he was disruptive and had a chip on his shoulder about rules and equipment of the sport. STFU and play, and lose the f'ing tobacco.

pretty soon he's going to complain about people starting threads to talk about him deleting threads he started to talk about swearing, and how that is hurting the sport...

Not sure what he does in a tournament, but I've been told by a friend that played casually with him he just throws them on the ground when he's finished. I don't think that's a good image for the sport either.

Only time I recall following a Feldy card he was disruptive and had a chip on his shoulder about rules and equipment of the sport. STFU and play, and lose the f'ing tobacco.

I've followed him several times, and that's his standard MO. It's entertaining to watch him execute some unbelievable shots, but it's a chore to be around him if the TD, players, audience, spotters, course designer, or physics don't roll out the red carpet for him.

Latest posts