• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Feldberg on McFlysoHigh

Yup followed Feldberg on a card and it was a rainy, muddy day with my then 12 year old son and he was cursing, smoking, complaining and the like. I told my son that this was the way NOT to be and my son said he was embarrassed for him. His comments about Marty were very shocking when he was the worst out there. And Bradley Williams was on the card too.

So, I was caddying for Rico during the last round of the USDGC. On Hole 5, Rico's disc was up against the base of a tree and it offered him really no room for a full pull... but, Steve went for a full pull anyway, and somehow barely avoided smashing the back of his hand on the tree.

I was standing behind Marty and, in my excitement that Steve had not crushed his hand on the tree, I exclaimed, "F*** yeah, Steve! Way not to crush your hand on the tree!"

And, then I said, "Oh S***! Edit that out of the video, Marty!"

All three of us laughed.
DSCJNKY

The fact that Marty hasn't uttered a public word of defense on this issue speaks to his character.

I think Marty did respond on the original post, but it's deleted so all I have is a copy/paste from /r/discgolf, no screenshot unfortunately :\

Marty McGee aka McFly SoHigh Video said:
David, at the recent suggestion (not direct order) of the PDGA, I've voluntarily enacted a new policy on profanity in my videos. I'm now bleeping out the F-word (most recently in Round 2 of the USDGC, and yes I've had female violators as well as male). In that regard I'm actually more strict on that word than what YouTube allows on its website. I'm a YouTube Partner and have never been in violation of its obscenity rules. However, TV networks like CBS and ABC allow certain so-called curse words, and so do I. So, you're still going to hear variations of god/gosh, damn/dammit, and so on. This demonstrates that I take the matter seriously, not jokingly.

I still don't understand the "Marty is portraying the sport in a bad light" bull****. He's just filming what is happening. The idea that he should only put out the positives so we can wrap disc golf in this neat little bow is not only fake but sad that you want the world and our sport portrayed in that way. You are the same people waving the American flag and ignoring the fact our government is murdering innocent people everyday with invisible flying death robots then calling them casualties of war. That **** doesn't make the news because we're portraying America in a positive light.

If I went to Africa and filmed a warlord and his people go chop up a village and steal all their ****, then followed them home and filmed them give all that blood treasure back to their people, would you tell me I should only leave in the positive part where they gave out these goods? Would you want me to edit out where the **** actually came from, the mass murder of hundreds of people?

No, because you are against that and you're for disc golf. So basically you people are telling me that we should only be honest and portray the entire story of things we don't like. We should only show the negative sides of things we're against; while we put lipstick and hide all the negatives of things we enjoy.

How about we just tell these players if they act like that on camera they're suspended, how about we hold the people responsible for the actions accountable?

How about we just tell these players if they act like that on camera they're suspended, how about we hold the people responsible for the actions accountable?

Woahhh there buddy, ain't no room fer yer common sense round these heer parts

I've followed him several times, and that's his standard MO. It's entertaining to watch him execute some unbelievable shots, but it's a chore to be around him if the TD, players, audience, spotters, course designer, or physics don't roll out the red carpet for him.
I feel like I've enchanted something magical with this appearance! HOW YA DOIN TIM????

I love that Dave's a character and I value that more than a player's street cred in the "sanitize the sport" arena. There are so many people trying to be all Sunday-Best about DG, I guess it's just off-kilter coming from Feldberg. Let's roll this back from like, Jussi... it'll sound classy from a foreigner.

#1 takeaway laff from reddit, I think... "it's not called McFlySoFar or McFlySoTrue" ... not even sure what side that was from, but I rolled.

As much as I love playing this little game of ours, I just can't sit through a whole video. But if there's cussing in them, then maybe I'll crack a brew dogger and check one out. Where should I start?

As much as I love playing this little game of ours, I just can't sit through a whole video. But if there's cussing in them, then maybe I'll crack a brew dogger and check one out. Where should I start?

It's since been edited, but the 23:45 mark is a good start ... otherwise known as the "****in amateurs" incident ;)

it's really easy to blame the personalities and hypocrisy involved here but why are so few people willing to admit that Feldberg is correct.

perhaps it didn't require public discussion or suggestion of a ban on Marty but the fact is that if we want DG media coverage expanded, better funded, and broadcast to a large audience (eventual goals, not trying to have that argument) then it needs to be professional.

there is not a valid argument against having these DG videos sanitized for a general audience if we want people to consider DG a legitimate professional sport. did Feldberg come off like a hypocritical douche? maybe, but he's not wrong either.

it's a long thread and i can't remember who said it but i agree with the guys that said it would be in the best interest of all involved to take an extra day to do some extra audio editing. sure, timely presentation is important but a single day is not going to make or break a disc golf video.

I feel like I've enchanted something magical with this appearance! HOW YA DOIN TIM????

I love that Dave's a character and I value that more than a player's street cred in the "sanitize the sport" arena. There are so many people trying to be all Sunday-Best about DG, I guess it's just off-kilter coming from Feldberg. Let's roll this back from like, Jussi... it'll sound classy from a foreigner.

#1 takeaway laff from reddit, I think... "it's not called McFlySoFar or McFlySoTrue" ... not even sure what side that was from, but I rolled.

Doin' good man, thanks. I'm getting back into the game after a bit of a hiatus (heard a bad word on a YouTube video once, ya know). I poked my head in over on DGR briefly, but just saw a couple JR posts and virtual tumbleweeds. Feels good to be re-bitten by the bug though, and nice to see the new companies that have been popping up in the last couple years. Looks like some issues are the same as always though.

In regards to antics on the course, I agree that some color is nice. Nikko seems to get a lot of flak (still), but I like watching him play and he looks to have a pretty good attitude these days. When he does blow up, he seems to only be pissed at himself, whereas in the case of Dave, it's anything but.

the argument that the players need to clean it up is true but it is also finger pointing on behalf of the media. you don't hear ABC or CBS blaming the athletes when profanities are accidentally broadcast on television. they take responsibility for the fact that they were the ones that broadcast it.

the argument that the players need to clean it up is true but it is also finger pointing on behalf of the media. you don't hear ABC or CBS blaming the athletes when profanities are accidentally broadcast on television. they take responsibility for the fact that they were the ones that broadcast it.
I didn't know YouTube videos had to follow FCC rules for standard broadcast. :\

Who gives a **** what ABC and CBS do, they're brainwashing society with their pseudo reality. I know you've probably grown up brainwashed by the fancy color box as well so you haven't figured out how that **** is ruining society yet. You're also assuming most people give a **** about disc golf becoming some giant corporate monstrosity that brings in tons of ad revenue so top pros can make more money. Most disc golfers could care less about that ****; including me.

I play disc golf because I love it and I love hanging out on the course with people and just shooting the ****. Most of the **** that gets said in a casual round would be edited out of a CBS broadcast so **** that **** and **** anyone trying to make disc golf some fancy little package for corporate america to consume. You're a sheep.

But independent video producers are not under FCC law (and potential fines etc) like the networks are. At most, they are under the terms of whoever is hosting their finished product (YouTube).

Well, also under any waiver they agreed to with the tournament or league they are videoing (I got nailed by the USDGC back in 2003 for posting some video clips of the event when the back of the tickets had small print forbidding that.....even though when I came into the event no one was taking money or giving out tickets).

Who gives a **** what ABC and CBS do, they're brainwashing society with their pseudo reality. I know you've probably grown up brainwashed by the fancy color box as well so you haven't figured out how that **** is ruining society yet. You're also assuming most people give a **** about disc golf becoming some giant corporate monstrosity that brings in tons of ad revenue so top pros can make more money. Most disc golfers could care less about that ****; including me.

I play disc golf because I love it and I love hanging out on the course with people and just shooting the ****. Most of the **** that gets said in a casual round would be edited out of a CBS broadcast so **** that **** and **** anyone trying to make disc golf some fancy little package for corporate america to consume. You're a sheep.

I concur. :hfive:

LOL LOL LOL... "Put it on the internet!" Go screw Dave, you in your cockiness even said to put it on the internet...then you get in trouble and rail. 24:03 Nice... Simon 24:25

Since Feldberg feels so strongly that McFly's editing is not up to his standard, maybe he should just sack up and make his own videos, or hire someone to do it for him.

If McFly's critics are right about "cleaner language" in DG videos attracting more viewers, then we'd be able to see it in the view counts on YouTube. More viewers would make it a more valuable product from advertiser perspective.

Free market.

ABC and CBS censor due to FCC and sponsor commitments. McFly doesn't (have to) deal with any of that.

If Feldbergs cardmates are swearing, he should be calling courtesy violations on them, not blaming the person documenting the event. He has a lot more power to 'be the change' that he wants to see happen.

Latest posts