• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Diamond Trusted Reviewer!

I have always wondered how he makes the time to bag so many because I have pm'd back and forth with him and I think he still works a full time job, unless he has changed to part time. He could make it to 1000 played by the end of next year. He and Lion just blow my mind, just because of the size of their states and the high percentage of them that they have played. Serious freaking addicts those two are.:cool::clap:
I've never met or talked to the guy, but he's Old-School PDGA disc golf. His username is the same one he had on the old PDGA message board. He TD'ed the Carrollton Open from '97 to 2010. His profile says "2016 Charter member of the Texas Disc Golf Hall of Fame" and I'd believe that. It looks like he stepped away from organized disc golf right around 2010, but he was on here still reviewing courses then. He's been really active and reviewing a TON of courses since 2016. His background reminds me of people I know that have played a long, long time and have been to a lot of courses. They have a lot of knowledge, but none of the guys I know would bother getting on the computer and sharing it. It's cool that he does.

I have always wondered how he makes the time to bag so many because I have pm'd back and forth with him and I think he still works a full time job, unless he has changed to part time. He could make it to 1000 played by the end of next year. He and Lion just blow my mind, just because of the size of their states and the high percentage of them that they have played. Serious freaking addicts those two are.:cool::clap:

he owns a Mr. Jim's Pizza location in DFW, which he has made a longtime sponsor of local events in the area. it looks like things are going well enough that he can hire good people and step away to bag nearly 90% of TX and 70% of OK.

i wonder how many miles he's got on his car :D

he owns a Mr. Jim's Pizza location in DFW, which he has made a longtime sponsor of local events in the area. it looks like things are going well enough that he can hire good people and step away to bag nearly 90% of TX and 70% of OK.

i wonder how many miles he's got on his car :D

He's the owner? Well then, he has probably paid his dues and is now enjoying being able to take many and much deserved road trips.:cool::hfive: Poor guy;)

Congrats to Pizza God whom just hit 1000 :thmbup:
He's now at 330 reviews and 700 plus course played.
435 dgcr listed courses played in Texas. that's got to be the highest state total number.
:clap:

So Pizza God is another Cubic Ziconia (looks like a diamond, but not quite) waiting for unique votes. He joins the list of eventual diamonds that had to wait a while after 1K :thmbup:'s.

I was fortunate to have my 200 unique voters by the time I hit 1000 votes, so no waiting. :D
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2747015#post2747015
I've flung a lot of plastic since then!

I know. It's been a killer.
I still need some thumbs and possibly unique voters to boot. How about you plan a trip up to Harmony Bends, I'll meet you over there and we can see what reviewing the #1 rated course does for us. If it works, medals. :thmbup: If it doesn't? Hey, we would get to play Harmony Bends. :thmbup:

TP you have some of the most thorough and literate reviews out there. At least one unique voter and a couple of thumbs headed your way good sir.

TP you have some of the most thorough and literate reviews out there. At least one unique voter and a couple of thumbs headed your way good sir.
Lol, I just went back to a course I reviewed in 2007 (right after this site started) so I checked to see if the review needed any revision. Holy cow some of my old reviews stink. :eek: It took a few years for the standard of what a review should be like to take shape; I still have some old ones that need to be updated. So some of my reviews are thorough and literate; thanks for noticing those.

I think it bothered me seven or eight years ago when people I knew started hitting diamond and I was nowhere close, but that was forgetting the point. I had stopped bagging courses when this site popped up; I bagged 0 courses from 2001-2006. After this site started, I bagged six courses that last half of 2007 and I've bagged at least one course every year since. It's about the journey, right? The diamond would be cool, but it was never the point. I'm still having a good time chasing it, so there's no hurry.

There is a guy with the username adlacro; he's a Florida guy and he's written 90 reviews. He still logs on and he has written a review in the last year. His DGCR # is 5; his first reviews were written a month before my first reviews. He's still a long way away from Diamond but he's still out there frolfing. I hope he makes it to Diamond one day, it would make my wait look like nothing.

Last edited:
Congrats! Updated the Diamond list for ya.

....and everybody remember there's a fellow at the top of the Gold list being very patient, too!

Have to agree.

Welcome aboard 3P... always enjoy your reviews. :hfive:

Last edited:
Thanks, it's been fun. I was expecting that to take longer, so I'm pretty surprised by it.

Congrats! Updated the Diamond list for ya.

....and everybody remember there's a fellow at the top of the Gold list being very patient, too!
When you get a chance you should update Pizza God's stats, he beat me to 1,000. That makes it two guys waiting patiently.

I just noticed that the number of uniques required to make diamond was raised to 250.

I just noticed that the number of uniques required to make diamond was raised to 250.

That reminds me of when the number required for bronze went from 50 to 100. One day I was a trusted reviewer and then one day I wasn't. No grandfather clause then, not sure about now.:\

That reminds me of when the number required for bronze went from 50 to 100. One day I was a trusted reviewer and then one day I wasn't. No grandfather clause then, not sure about now.:\

I did not notice anyone reverting backwards. perhaps its been 250 for some time, and the info page text was corrected.

Latest posts