• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

First Round of 2022

Work as always, and more specifically weather, haven't been cooperating with me at all lately. But I think you all might've inspired my to get my first one in tomorrow. Maybe. It's supposed to be a high of 6 so we'll see. My next day off is supposed to have a high of 3 so...better of 2 evils maybe. :wall:

Shot a couple strokes better than my rating for my first round of 2022, at Josh & Cheryl T's Cedar Grove course, during a rated, league round, so ...a nice start. And yep, soupy ground and flurries here in the midwest, temps at 38.

First tournament of 2022. First two days, I played well enough to not be DFL. But today it was a bit rough and the guy I was beating really played better. But I had loads of fun. Now to see what my rating looks like.

Played my first round of 2022 at Etowah and shot well -10. The ground was more or less soup and it was very slippery but still very pretty out there. Saw a ton of geese and some huge woodpeckers.

Attachments

• 3D1B4A74-07A6-4B6A-9157-5E16974F17A3.jpg
    3D1B4A74-07A6-4B6A-9157-5E16974F17A3.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 25
Played my first round of 2022 at Etowah and shot well -10. The ground was more or less soup and it was very slippery but still very pretty out there. Saw a ton of geese and some huge woodpeckers.

That's gotta be a tough course to play in wet conditions. Lots of steep slopes, and I imagine stand and deliver type shots. Very fun course though. -10 under is damned good.

That's gotta be a tough course to play in wet conditions. Lots of steep slopes, and I imagine stand and deliver type shots. Very fun course though. -10 under is damned good.

Not the easiest when wet. 1-7 have a ton of standing water off the fairway and some fast moving casual water that isn't usually present. Going up and down the hills wasn't too bad except for that steep decline on 11, that's dicey.

It's funny, my score was good but I didn't feel that great and didn't realize it was relatively hot until I got to 18.

Getting old sucks, my bionic limbs hurt all the time lol.

Anyway, would still love to hear when you get to play your first rounds of the new year and how they went.

Summer here in Melbourne, Australia. Played my first round of 2022 at the Melbourne Disc Golf "Royal Family" social day, at the temporary 9 hole course they have put in at Royal Park, just north of the Melbourne CBD, with a view to becoming permanent. It was an 18 hole event, playing the same nine twice. Hot and humid day.

Nice mix of open and wooded holes. I played blind and shot -2. My usual putting performance meant I left about 4 strokes out on the course. I've been putting with Bergs lately to try and force myself to putt "through the chains" and not rely on glide. Work in progress.

Happy new year to all.

On the first day of the new year, I played a brand new course! Tom Bennett DGC in Bradenton FL. The weather was rough, high around 80, but it was kind of windy. Most of us survived the round wearing t-shirts and shorts. We also threw a round at the nearby 9 hole course Heritage Harbour. Happy New Year Discers!

Coming soon to a post near you. Aka I haven't been out since October and that one was rough. I may throw my first round and first rated round on or around February 5th. If we get a warm weekend day it's possible it may be sooner. Good to read others comments. I'll be going back to my ice fishing hole now.

Got out on Sunday for Random Dubs at Plantation Ruins. I think we had 19 players...? Which was nice, because it had rained and rained through the night, and continued right up to tee-time at 10:15 or so. But the rain held off the remainder of the day.

Partner and tied for 1st at -14; the winner after 3-hole playoff was Lone Wolf, which is as it should be. Super-fun day. Yes, I was in shorts, and very comfortable.

Three of us then went to Eastway for a capper. I ended up at +4 from the long tees. Not bad, but definitley left a couple out there.

For my first round of 2022, I shot my highest rated round ever! -5 at my local course, which equated to a 1022 rated round, due to freezing temps and 8 in. of snow.

First round of 2022 was January 1st at Santa Cruz River Park in Tucson AZ.

It is the 11th of January, and I have still yet to play a single round.
Oh the ravages of old age. Each year I grow less & less tolerant of the cold.
But I will get out there!
I'm just waiting for the temp to be above 32 degrees on the weekend. Not in the 10 day forecast? Boo!

There is one thing, and one thing only, that I really like about winter golf. Frozen ponds.
So I will get out to Riverside Park & try to skip a driver across the pond that in warmer months has taken many discs from me in years past.

January 1 and 2.....three round NADGT tournament. I played in the MA60+ division and we started with eight of us. Before the first round ended, we were down to seven. The first two rounds I was 6th place (Wahoo! Not DFL). Then the guy I was ahead of by 1 stroke, came on strong and I ended up 7 of 8 (although I count it as 7 of 7 - DFL again). Ultimately, my rating went up 22 points to its highest of 684. So a good start to the year.

Played my first round on New Years Day. Cold and windy. Footing was decent. Played the Green Lane course here in Paris, Ontario, Canada. Shot a 1 under while wearing a winter coat and gloves. Used Daredevil Discs' elastic blend Ogopogo driver and Walrus mid, and my SSSS Voodoo.

Last edited:
Played weekend after New Years. Roughly my one-year anniversary since I started playing DG last January.

It was about 18F and snowy. I'm sentimental about snow rounds since it's how I started playing. The first round was kind of sloppy, shot even par, couldn't quite get my grip to feel right & my body was cranky. Next round I tinkered with the new baby hop I've been trying in my new form and shot -3, leaving a few putts on the table (as usual, can't blame the weather there!). Tired by the end in the cold but plenty of fun. Encouraging start to the new year!

Hope everyone is doing well.

Played my first round of 2022 Sun the 9th.
Couldn't help but be curious about this 3 basket/9 tee course in Detroit, so I figured, "Why not?

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/mobile/course.php?id=12483

Half expected it to suck out loud. Pleasantly surprised that it doesn't. Reasonably fun, park style course.

'spose I oughta review it, huh? :rolleyes:

What I don't at all get, is that this course is listed as being established in 2010. :confused:
Hard to believe I wouldn't have heard squat about it for over a decade. Everything looked way too new and in good shape (not that it couldn't have been refreshed).

Strongly suspect "2010" was a typo'ed "2020." :\

I got out to Winton Woods in Cincy during a lunch break. More mud than anything but I managed a rushed 50, not my best round there but fun.

first round of 2022 at Centre Hills, played poorly but still managed 2 under

told my buddy to try out one of my xcal's on wide open hole 15 where he throwler'd it right into a small area of 4" of snow where it totally disappeared

1st round of the year, 1st lost disc