• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Forearm midrange/fairway disc?

I had a beat, very flat topped DX Firebird that was perfect for this type of shot. Sadly I left it in my dash on a 100+ day and it form fitted to the shape of the dash.

Drone is awesome FH. Also, Eagle X and C PD for longer shots. Z Buzz, Wasp and Roc for straighter shots. Its the same thing as backhand, you just need good form. I love the drone because I can really get on it and it won't flip for long fading shots.

I like to throw a star cobra for straight FH shots. Almost no fade, sentinel also fills this spot and it's a little more forgiving of bad form but also fades quite a bit.

It's been said several times now, but I'll throw in my vote for the Drone. The Buzzz is great for FH too, but is so much more sensitive. If you release it with any anhyzer at all it isn't going to come back. My Drone flies dead straight with minimal fade. It really comes down to learning whatever disc you have though. I could just as easily have dialed in my Buzzz, but I was buying discs and needed one more to earn free shipping, so I picked up a Drone. Not a bad purchase, but not a necessary one either.

Joe's Universal has the banshee like the x-clone but back in the day I couldn't get it to hold a line. I forgot about the viper. Thanks

Fromthewoods what with the hate?
Joshuajames: no prob. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one looking for a mid FH.

I'm thinking the Drone or the Buzz might be best but I have to wait till I can find a decent store where I'm at to test the grip. Are either flat on the rim?

Only when needed RHfH, 150 FlickESP and 180g CryZFlxDrone for hard rights and wind, beefy Z Wasp for slightly less stability, Evo Element and CryZBuzzz SS for understable.
honorable mention, Spiders (PL/Champ) anys around obstacles.

edit: also the Drone rim is beefier than most mids. its like a fairway/mid mix :D

Last edited:
The ultimate in midrange beefiness that I've tried is the whippet. It's classified as a driver, but it's like a shorter firebird. I used it for forehand at first, until I learned how to forehand putters and basically any disc. I haven't tried the drone or trident. I don't feel a need for anything that beefy anymore.