• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

me too ... we riders are always happy to talk bikes. Hilarious story to read and visualize. You did a good thing trying to reason with larry.

Yea , just like you can walk up to any disc golfer and start talking, Bikers do the same thing. The only exception are the jerks who think they are better than anyone else because they are riding a Harley.

Yeah I encounter that too frequently. I've honestly had Harley riders literally turn their nose up at me when I give the wave and others change from excited to disappointed when I say I ride a naked sport bike. I suppose that would be the same as if somebody thought they were above talking to another golfer because they don't use strictly Innova.

But in my book riding and throwing are both beautiful things and it matters not who manufactured you're equipment.

Yeah I encounter that too frequently. I've honestly had Harley riders literally turn their nose up at me when I give the wave and others change from excited to disappointed when I say I ride a naked sport bike. I suppose that would be the same as if somebody thought they were above talking to another golfer because they don't use strictly Innova.

But in my book riding and throwing are both beautiful things and it matters not who manufactured you're equipment.

I agree 100%. It doesn't matter what you ride, or what you throw, as long as you enjoy the game.

now as long as the bike is kept up. who wants to see a rusty bike with black smoke coming out the tailpipe?

now as long as the bike is kept up. who wants to see a rusty bike with black smoke coming out the tailpipe?

Actually some of those can be cool. Not mine though. My bike is 25 years old, but I try to keep it up. Here is mine. Its the black and silver one with large sissy bar. The red Honda Nighthawk is my brothers and the last on used to belong to his friend, but he sold it:

santa_fe___texas__motorcycles_125.jpg

Those are weird things to see on a course, silly motorcycles.

Very nice MidnightBiker, looks like your all set up for some more lengthy trips.
Well I can't not share what my bike looks like ;)
eve_sundown-1.jpg

BTW I think its kind of strange when I see sportbikes at the course. I wonder what they do with their gear while they play. Although that assumes they wear it.

BTW I think its kind of strange when I see sportbikes at the course. I wonder what they do with their gear while they play. Although that assumes they wear it.

I strap my bag to that large luggage rack on the back of my bike.

Although that assumes they wear it.

I don't know if it's the same other places, but the traditional "bikers" around here wear the leather but no helmet, and the crotch rocket riders wear a helmet with t-shirts and shorts. Seems like one would hurt just as bad as the other. Sorry to continue the hijack ;)

I always wear a helmet and gloves. I wear gloves because if you call off the bike, the first thing you put out is your hands. I like to keep the skin on my hands.

I don't know if it's the same other places, but the traditional "bikers" around here wear the leather but no helmet, and the crotch rocket riders wear a helmet with t-shirts and shorts. Seems like one would hurt just as bad as the other. Sorry to continue the hijack ;)

lol, that's an observation I never thought about. Good one :)

Back to seeing strange things on the course. About a year ago, my brother and I went to play at a course that is next to a park, and a large hill. The course plays up and down the hill, but the hill is also very popular with people in the park. I guess it must have been "Cub Scout Day" because they were all over the place. The strangest thing was that several of them were building what looked like an "Indian Tee-Pee" on the #7 fairway. After seeing all the kids around and the tee-pee on #7 we gave up and went to another course a few miles away.

Actually I can contribute to this today. So I get up this morning, and walk up the block to my nearby course. I play through most of the 18, and as I'm rounding a hold that shoots downhill, I see off the teepad I'm approaching next by about 25 feet, some really small tent, which wasn't there earlier when I played that hole coming through the front. As I reach the teepad I then see it's some homeless looking guy, with a tent set up, a blanket laid out, and there he is in nothing but speedo's and his scruffy beard laying there soaking up the Easter rays. lol...at least he wasn't in the fairway.

Had a wacky thing happen yesterday (Easter) as our mob of 11 stood around the tee getting ready to start on #16 of the Original at Hudson Mills in MI.

One of the guys spots a dust devil stirring up some leaves a short distance away. We all watched as it slowly came towards us, knocked over a metal trash can and spewed the contents all over the place, then headed off towards to basket on the previous hole, probably heading for another can somewhere, I guess. Otherwise not even a very windy day. Totally wacky, never saw anything like that before. I always thought it was the can/bottle people who knocked the trash barrels over...

Joe

Polishing

A friend of mine was out playing with his stepsons (grown). They were playing Lakewood Dry Gulch DGC aka Paco, which is now extinct. This course is minutes from downtown Denver and the Infamous Colfax Ave. As they were finishing up a hole over near the creek they witnessed a homeless woman or prostitute, maybe both giving a pole polishing to a homeless. man. They went on with the round, but did not play that whole a second time through. :eek:

I'm playing in Suffolk, VA; at bennett's Creek. I'm teeing up on Hole8 and up rides an older guy on a motorized scooter. Sorta like a huge skateboard with 12" tires and a small gas motor. He was going to finsih playing his tee shot on Hole7. I've never seen one of those things on a DG Course, but apparently he has a back injury and this is the only way he can make it around the course.
He apologized for disturbing me, but I applauded his determination.

I was playing Pease Park one time when this old lady and her grandson decide to play catch with a disc I had just thrown from the teebox (although obviously not very effectively since it was with my driver). I didn't feel like yelling across the park so when I got to them I asked where they initially picked it up from and they pointed to an area with about a 50' radius..."Oh, somewhere over there."

I haven't been playing long but the weirdest thing that's happened to me occured yesterday. My fiance and I were finnishing up at Cottonmill DGC and as we were walking back to the truck there was a turkey standing in the middle of grass in the center off the parking lot. It was less then 30 feet from my truck. Unfortunatly I didn't have a camera with me, which will be the last time that happens. Turkeys are not uncommon around here but the weirdest thing to me was that it was a lone, solitary turkey wondering through the parking lot.