• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

At my local course there's a long, skinny open section of field that comprises two seperte fairways, running in opposite directions. Its got telephone line and about three poles running down the middle of the field splitting the two fairways and it serves as a mando on both holes. Last summer, over the course of about two weeks about 6 discs got caught in the wires, wedged in between. It was bizarre. It started with one one day, the next day there were three. That weekend it was five and then one more the next day. They all stayed up for like a week and then they were all gone at the same time over night. It was nuts! Someone got a nice little gift of 6 free discs.

Sounds like 5 people broke the cardinal rule of disc retrieval:

NEVER throw your disc to retrieve another disc.

While playing my home course, I came across 3 teenage boys and an older man all surrounding the hole 3 basket with one hand on it each. I played up to the basket and they just stared at me silently like I was intruding. I had to ask them to move twice, which they did the second time around, but none of them ever said a word or even cracked a smile. After I holed out (sufficiently freaked out) they watched me walk to the next tee before returning to the basket. :(

Sounds like that was an "alt" basket - actually a high-frequency receiver through which they were able to get communications from their home planet ...

Blue Angel - Pensacola, FL

toilet.jpg

bees.jpg

Bees were sitting there swarming, wings going a mile a minute.

Not funny but defiantly weird and cool

So I found something sweet/somewhat gross on the course today....

Warning not for the faint of Hart

Took a pic of this guys claw it is massive... The disc it is on is a Pro Firebird...LOL
IMG_20120203_134913.jpg

Here is the whole Bird.
IMG_20120203_134835.jpg

I wonder how this apex predator died....

I think this might just qualify for both "funniest" and "wierdest" ...

picture.php

... on the other hand, maybe he's just a refugee from here ...

I had to jump that stupid fence during the only round I played at HB. :eek:

Was afraid I was gonna get mauled by a horse or something. :|

Latest posts