• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Gateway] Gateway Wizard

Blank white putters are the only way putters should be.
:confused:

I find blank discs to be boring.

I find white discs to be boring.

picture.php

To each their own, I guess.

I have a couple G9i's left and I prefer the PW. And the old fossil/firm plastic was great too.
PW came out right about the time I switched from Wizard to Warlocks so I only have two PW Wizards and only one with a decent amount of throws. I wasn't thrilled with the shoulder on it when I got it, but the flight plate dropped on it as I beat it in and that thing was a bullet. It just kept getting better and better as it seasoned.

Makes total sense that I dropped it, right?

PW came out right about the time I switched from Wizard to Warlocks so I only have two PW Wizards and only one with a decent amount of throws. I wasn't thrilled with the shoulder on it when I got it, but the flight plate dropped on it as I beat it in and that thing was a bullet. It just kept getting better and better as it seasoned.

Just want I wanted to hear. I'll keep with it. I was hoping it might "soften" but seems great so far. Mostly seems to be getting grippier

This is why I ditched the PW.. the tall shoulder and the flight plate dip... hated it...

A firm Organic Hemp is the way to go... got a few Hemp on the 5-6 stiffness(otb). PERFECTION...They get more grippy with use.

The PW never "softened" for me... they are made to stay firm af...just buy a softer wizard.......

Last edited:
This is why I ditched the PW.. the tall shoulder and the flight plate dip... hated it...

This is weird for me to read, only because all of the PW wizards I have are the low shoulder kind. I have a few of what I think are earlier runs, and some of the current stamps runs, and they're all low shoulder. My main putter hasn't had any change in the flight plate either, and it's been in the bag for at least three years. Putts only though, I have never thrown it. Maybe that's why.

Just want I wanted to hear. I'll keep with it. I was hoping it might "soften" but seems great so far. Mostly seems to be getting grippier
Yeah, it's not going to soften. I'm old and I've lost a lot of feeling in the fingertips, so I don't really know if it's any grippier than when new. If I had to say, I'd say not. Feel and flex kinda is what it is I think.

I'm pretty sure they make PW warlocks, so hopefully you found the perfect combo you were looking for.
I didn't like the shoulder on the PW Warlocks, either. :\ High shoulder, but didn't really ever have that flight plate drop the Wizard developed. I've got two of them, but they didn't stick in the bag.

I'm rolling with regular old S Warlocks; they are all stamped "soft" but they are from that time frame where medium S was supposed to not be in production but if you sorted through enough soft S you would find the medium's in there. I've also got quite a few Eraser Warlocks from a run that is really stiff; if they were Wizards I'd be offering them to Prince Vegeta because they might actually be the feel/flex he is looking for. I'm pretty stocked on Warlocks. That's why I didn't keep looking at the PW discs; I'm pretty set with what I have.

I mean it's Gateway...keep digging and you will eventually find what you want. Just get a bunch when you do since you may never see them again. :|

This is weird for me to read, only because all of the PW wizards I have are the low shoulder kind. I have a few of what I think are earlier runs, and some of the current stamps runs, and they're all low shoulder. My main putter hasn't had any change in the flight plate either, and it's been in the bag for at least three years. Putts only though, I have never thrown it. Maybe that's why.
Eh, it just depends. I drove with the PW Wizard and the flight plate dropped with use. I drove with the PW Warlocks and the flight plates didn't drop. So who knows?

Pw Wizards can be high shouldered. I bought some fresh from the factory pw wizards last fall that molded up real tight.
The high shouldered wizards fill my hand better for my pitch putt but I like a low shoulder for throwers.

Blank PW's you say?

I have a couple G9i's left and I prefer the PW. And the old fossil/firm plastic was great too. I just wish I could get PW wizards that were blank. Blank white putters are the only way putters should be.

If you really want some blank PW Wizards I picked up a stack today at their shop in STL. I bought 10 and I'd be willing to part with a few.

Attachments

• C32E61AA-EB59-4EC5-955A-41D1143D4D7D.jpg
    C32E61AA-EB59-4EC5-955A-41D1143D4D7D.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 63
Been putting with a couple x-out glows I got from the Black Friday sale off infinite last fall. Greenish one is probably SS and pinkish one is more Firm.

I've got a purple SSS I've had for around a year and a half that seems to get more OS as it beats in I've been using for a lot of short drives and approaches lately

Two new Wizards out this month.
Scott Stokley tour series & Dave Feldburg tour series.
The Feldburg Wizard is described as extra stiff, extra overstable.
No clue what the Stokely Wizard is like.

Never knew Feldy messed with Wizards.. not that surprising but still cool. I'll probably pick one up.

I took a good two years off from bagging a Wizard.
I putted and approached with Links as I loved the low profile and Wizard clone shape to it.

Throughout my hiatus I started to drive with my putter less, however, due to a general lack of stability from the Link. It was a great disc but it wouldn't always hold a line into the wind.

In my exciting and reinvigoration with RDG and disc golf as a whole, I picked up a really old SS Wiz and slammed that in my putter slot...

I just finished a really effective round relying on the beautiful, reliable flight of that old Wizard. It is forgiving, perfectly grippy and a downright joy to throw. Not to mention is a perfect putting putter.

In short... The Wiz is BACK in my bag and won't be leaving again. They are the best driving putters ever made and their flight in and out of the circle is so steady. /EndWizRant

Who has these? Cool that the Berg is messing with Wizards...maybe he's running low on 10x Aviars.

I use a DGA Breaker for my OS compliment to the Wiz

I didn't know they were made in premium plastic! I have a fossil and an orgo (I love the way they fly), but would be interested in trying an armor.

Sounds like we have a new batch of premium scales are on the way. Armor Serpents are already pressed and it sounded like Scales are next!

Has anyone thrown one of the Feldberg Wizards? Extra overstable Wizard sounds interesting, I assume more glide than a Scale but similar stability?

The Superglows I picked up last season were surprisingly overstable for Wizards, but they straightened out pretty quickly with some wear. If these are even more overstable, they could be very useful for a cycle.