• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

which would you rather see for a black Friday deal?

• free shipping with in the U.S.

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 13% off

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really wanted a Silverback but didn't want to wait a month. Bought a Revo instead.

I wouldn't get a revo after I saw their support email to that guy on here basically his LE bag faded(color) rather fast and they acted like "not our problem".

Last edited:
I wouldn't get a revo after I saw their support email to that guy on here basically his LE bag faded(color) rather fast and they acted like "not our problem".

2nd that emotion.

I am glad I ordered the Silverback. It was worth the wait. I am still suprised at how light the bag is when loaded with discs and other stuff.

How did Chris get started? Did he just make his own one day on a family members sewing machine,and one thing led to another.

How did Chris get started? Did he just make his own one day on a family members sewing machine,and one thing led to another.

Driven by the motivation to make a durable superior bag, I believe that's it in a nutshell.

(this is a very big nutshell, how did I get in this nutshell?)

austin_powers_withthetwins.jpg

no not busy yet :p lol..... we got hit with a bastard of a sleet/snow/rain storm YAY! just about to pack up my kids and head over to atart working some more today.

yes the Kongs are out of stock...but...I just updated the pattern for them two days ago and will be cutting more out very soon!

I got started making bags out of boredom once when I was layed off from work for a few months, I was sewing random things and then one day it hit me why not make disc golf bags! so I took some thing I had knowledge in and used it to create some thing for the sport I love ... and well one thing has led to another and Ive stayed persistant over the years to slowly build a solid foundation for my biz and now I'm like constantly 40 + orders behind! :D good problem to have though....as long as the people who order from me realize how I go about making the bags and that it could take some time to get it.

and I'm always finding ways to improve my designs and since I tend to do that I've fallen way behind on updated photos! lol oh well I'm not a photographer ;)

Hey Chris,

Just ordered a Chimp from your site! Reading through this thread I'm realizing I should be ready for a long wait to get my bag, but I really wanted the best I could get, so I think it's worth it. Unfortunately my roommate's evil dog tore up my current Ching bag so I'm gonna be super frustrated every time I go out and have nowhere to put my water bottle!!! ugh.

I'm wondering why you don't have at least one person helping you put the bags together? It doesn't seem like you lose a lot of business because of the long wait but I definitely considered getting a manufactured bag because 6 weeks is a long time to go without a fully functional bag...

Does anyone per chance have an extra Kong laying around???? I can't get over this bag. I don't wanna buy anything else.

And another question.

How many discs can the Silver really carry. I currently have 19 in my Fade Gear main compartment and 3 putters in the putter pocket. Out of those 19 there are 2 sets of triples and 4 sets of doubles. I could cut back on that. Just really like to know how may discs the Silverback can really carry, while leaving all the pockets for their intended use (side pockets and non-disc pockets left for non-disc items -- i.e. shirt, towels, phones, keys, etc etc.

Does anyone per chance have an extra Kong laying around???? I can't get over this bag. I don't wanna buy anything else.

And another question.

How many discs can the Silver really carry. I currently have 19 in my Fade Gear main compartment and 3 putters in the putter pocket. Out of those 19 there are 2 sets of triples and 4 sets of doubles. I could cut back on that. Just really like to know how may discs the Silverback can really carry, while leaving all the pockets for their intended use (side pockets and non-disc pockets left for non-disc items -- i.e. shirt, towels, phones, keys, etc etc.

pee emmed you

In my LE Silverback, I have 4 putters up front and 4 D drivers, 7 Fairways, and 5 Mids with out it being tight. I could add one more, but then it would be tight.

Hey Chris,I'm wondering why you don't have at least one person helping you put the bags together? It doesn't seem like you lose a lot of business because of the long wait but I definitely considered getting a manufactured bag because 6 weeks is a long time to go without a fully functional bag...

actually I do have some help.. my mom helps out when she can and Ive just in the last month started teaching a friend how to do some parts to get some parts made up ahead... the biggest factor for why I don't have much other help is because I cant afford to pay for the extra help.

then throw on top of that being a newly single dad with two kids that I have the placement of pretty much every day and my oldest is in 4k now so we have to deal with the whole half day school thing (which is a pain) makes for tons of running around all day especially when my friend who normally watches my kids for me doesn't show up...lol.... ahhhh yes my life is full of craziness right now! yet some how I'm still managing to get bags made ;)

I've read up on your story. Great looking bags. Super bad a$$ what ya do. If i were close I'd help ya for free.

I do disc dyes for friends for free. Probably could have made about 200 bucks, but money doesn't replace the -- why we do it -- the Love of the Sport!!! And in some cases, the disc the dye was on came with it.

I WANT THAT KONG!!!:clap:

Last edited:
actually I do have some help.. my mom helps out when she can and Ive just in the last month started teaching a friend how to do some parts to get some parts made up ahead... the biggest factor for why I don't have much other help is because I cant afford to pay for the extra help.

then throw on top of that being a newly single dad with two kids that I have the placement of pretty much every day and my oldest is in 4k now so we have to deal with the whole half day school thing (which is a pain) makes for tons of running around all day especially when my friend who normally watches my kids for me doesn't show up...lol.... ahhhh yes my life is full of craziness right now! yet some how I'm still managing to get bags made ;)

I figured money was a factor... glad to hear you're getting some help!

All I know is that when you finally do get my bag made and sent out I will surely appreciate the time you took to make it! Keep up the good work!

857 has arrived!!! :) :)

Unfortunately, I'm currently at work. :( :(

Can't wait to go home, get that bad boy loaded up and ready for North Carolina road-trippin'!!!

I'll post pics tomorrow!

It was a wait, but 100% worth it!!!! Thanks Chris! :thmbup:

Has arrived. Took pics but thanks to Comcast I have no Internet. Posting this from my phone. I loaded the bag up with 18 discs, 2 Nalgene bottles, baseball, towel and my bag of microfiber towels. Still have plentry of room for all of my other extras. The quality is top notch! Very much worth the wait! I'll post up some pics as soon as U-Verse shows up this weekend and I have Internet again.

hmmm thats weird... the dog just ate order 863.......lmao! ok I'm kidding...but it sure makes for a decent child carrier ;) I just test loaded my son into it HAHAHA