• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Grip EQ A-Series Large Tour Bag

Took my Gray/black out yesterday and overall I am very pleased with the bag.
The straps weren't as "cushy" as I expected, unlike my Phenix Quad-shocks. Not sure if this was by design or a decision for cost savings by Grip. Not uncomfortable, but a surprise nevertheless.

The storage wasn't a problem, and the internal and external pockets were more than sufficient.

I am also pleased with the construction. Durable materials, tight seams and solid feel.

Still working out disc storage distribution. I had 22 discs in the bag. 18 in the main, 2 in the putter pocket and 2 more in the top storage. Could have fit two or three more easily.
I really like the putter quiver and the ability to store a few more within easy reach from the front.

I have to repeat how light it felt in the bag. Kept thinking they must've put Helium in the components.

Just 3 more days until I get to open mine. I think I will be up by 4 a.m., ready for a round by 7.

i promise that you will love this bag, for those who are opening theirs on christmas day.. youre going to be one happy golfer

whenever i first started to use mine i was pretty blown away on how much the thing can store.. i still have room to spare. the other day my friend got hot and had nowhere to put his jacket so i put a full columbia fleece in one of my side pockets!

Bringing this back since I recently took my A-frame bag out to take some pictures for the fitment thread. I figured I would take a simple video to demonstrate how stable the bag is compared to the L-series. Both bags have the same number of discs inside... Heck, same molds and weights even.

Apologies for the sound - I used my GoPro to record this and may have had my fingers over the mic so it sounds muffled.

As you can see, they're both equally likely to fall. The difference is in which direction.

^you're a series is leaning far forward like mine roman. I'm not sure what the "theory" is behind the new design, but all they seemed to do is change which direction its going to topple over(which you demonstrated). If you have the chance line a few a series up next to each other you will see how different they will lean from more forward to straight up and down.

The million dollar question I'm trying to get answered from grip is which way is "the right way" considering the drastic differences that I have seen. (granted this is only from looking at 3 bags so far), but I'd be willing to guess that this was not their intention.

Would be interesting to hear what they say... That being said, the way the bag leans forward does resemble the letter "A" which is what I think they meant when calling it the A-frame... If the back was straight up and down it would still be the L-frame... Am I wrong? :)

I'm looking to get a stool and was wondering what ones you guys use that works easily along with the grip bag

I just use a $10 stool from a local gun store. It fits fine, but the strap can be a little annoying. I saw a mod where a guy added a snap to his strap, and then you could use probably and stool with ease.

^you're a series is leaning far forward like mine roman. I'm not sure what the "theory" is behind the new design, but all they seemed to do is change which direction its going to topple over(which you demonstrated). If you have the chance line a few a series up next to each other you will see how different they will lean from more forward to straight up and down.

The million dollar question I'm trying to get answered from grip is which way is "the right way" considering the drastic differences that I have seen. (granted this is only from looking at 3 bags so far), but I'd be willing to guess that this was not their intention.

My thought on this is, if the discs stay in, you probably want the bag falling the way the A-series does. None of the spots on the bag that touch your back are impacted that way. With the L-series, if the bag tips backward into dirt/mud/whatever, you're getting that on your back or shoulders when you put the bag back on.

My thought on this is, if the discs stay in, you probably want the bag falling the way the A-series does. None of the spots on the bag that touch your back are impacted that way. With the L-series, if the bag tips backward into dirt/mud/whatever, you're getting that on your back or shoulders when you put the bag back on.

I second this. I'd much rather keep the dirt on the bag instead of me.

I'm looking to get a stool and was wondering what ones you guys use that works easily along with the grip bag

I have a black Huk Sit Stool by Huk Lab. It works fine with my Grip A-Series. I'm pretty sure most stools meant for disc golf will work fine.

Heres a link to it on the Huk Lab site
http://www.huklab.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage_huklab.tpl&product_id=205&category_id=7&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=34

HukSit_stool_2012.jpg

Thanks for the replies! I wasn't sure if any of them worked better or worse with the bags side pockets.

On another note, I feel knowing which direction the bag tips naturally helps with how you set it down on inclines. And I would also prefer wet and dirty discs to a wet back