• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Help! overstable putter?

the zone isn't a 'pure' putter, definitely a bit faster. but it works amazingly well. the esp's are great and the pro d's are very underrated. an invaluable disc for me in the windy winter conditions.

yeah i would be lost without my zones.. most unique disc i have ever thrown.. im not a fan of actually using it to putt tho

To anyone who has tried both...how overstable is the Zone compared to the Sinus? I love my Sinus, but I also love just using a powered down Whippet for the same purpose due to its meathookiness. Is the Zone closer to the Sinus or the Whippet?

To anyone who has tried both...how overstable is the Zone compared to the Sinus? I love my Sinus, but I also love just using a powered down Whippet for the same purpose due to its meathookiness. Is the Zone closer to the Sinus or the Whippet?

Zone is much closer to a shorter Gator, which is like a shorter Whippet as you know.

I'll throw the Zone at < 200', but if I need to get up to 250'+ I throw the Champ Gator. Some people use the Whippet instead.

another zone vote as well. but who the hell do you beat a pig enough to fly straight i have a pro that i have thrown for almost 3 years and its still a meat hook.

Although definitely not as overstable as a Zone... my beefy putter needs are met by brand new Pro D Bangers. They will get flippy over time though. For me the Rhyno/Zone type putter doesn't work so well for putting - but great for approaches where the wind is of serious concern.

To add to the already large amount of Zone enthusiasts, the Cryztal FLX Zone is one of the prettiest discs I have! (It also works really well.)

Graboide. Look it up. Love it, love it, love it.

So much this. But if you don't like the feel (and I love the feel) your Rhynos and Pigs shouldn't be going that straight....if they are, well, that's kind of awesome really.
Maybe try a gummier Champ Rhyno. They don't beat in nearly as fast and stay overstable for a very long time. All my Rhynos, with the exception of a really old DX one have stayed overstable for years and years. Maybe I just wasn't putting enough abuse on them!

I'll add to the zone recommendation.. I love zones but still throw rhynos and pigs as I decided I had to pick a putter and stay with it (went through a period of trying too many putters)

Can this thread make 10 pages of people posting "OMG ZONE"?

stay tuned to find out.

Latest posts