• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Hole Length Game

821'

Hole #10 Nockamixon State Park, Quakertown, PA

e2ab9b39.jpg

c92f1a72.jpg

6951ad0b.jpg

4dd1a8e4.jpg

^ I like what they did on that hole with the logs/rocks around the pads, as well as all the logs framing the sloped sections of the fairway, as well as the mulch.

1) Looks nice to the eye, dresses the course up a bit. :)
Barren patches of dirt around pads, baskets and in the fairway just look sad and neglected. :(
2) Helps reduce soil ersosion from rain and traffic - keeps the course looking and playing better longer.

Sometimes, so much soil erodes away around the tees that you have to be careful on your follow through when you drive, due to the drop of the end of the tee pad.

Last edited:
Goat Hill looks nice! Amazing how much more interesting holes look when the terrain changes elevation.

FWIW - I scouted up ahead, and there are plenty of hits out there, so knock yourselves out, but I came up blank for 828, 829, 833, 838... but there's stuff to post for the other lengths, so there's still plenty of fun to be had. :cool:
If anyone knows of some long local holes that might need to be updated on the site, now would be a good time to do so. ;)

824'

Harry Myers DGC: Rockwall, TX
Hole 3:
6f5871cf.jpg

0c131a9b.jpg

Sign shown here to provide an idea of the hole's shape and line. Hole info says blue tee = 824, (red = 692), so I'm hoping basket's been moved and tee sign is out dated.
ebbe2505.jpg

your turn...

Circle C #18

@Bogey

I have only hit par from the blue tee once in the years I've been playing that course, and I "cheated" by playing over the rough to the left of the tee to the creek, up the creek on shots 2&3, uphill to the basket on 4, and dropped in for shot 5. The best I've scored playing the "fairway" is 6 shots. 1 out of 5 shots I land in the creek in front of the basket from the field before the alley, the other 4 times I overshoot the lie and have no shot down the alley or I turn too much on the throw and ricochet into the woods.

This reminds me, I have been meaning to ask John what his motivation was in combining those holes and clearing the alley to the basket for this "red riding hood" hole.

Well... Crud. Steve beat me to it. But I am going to throw it on there anyway because the 823's sign says 777'

Number 2 at Disc Side of Heaven Championship Course:
2csign_zps6b62ab38.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

ChampT22_zps134940d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

826'

I have a feeling at these length, we're hitting quite a few "signature holes..." we've certain;y been seeing some noce ones:
West Lake Park: Davenport, IA
Hole 5: This looks like a fun hole!
White (long):
5c4b792c.jpg

Can a local please update Hole Info as far as water in play? Obviously water's in play here, but a look at the course map seems like it could be a factor on as many as eight different holes... and none of the holes indicate water. Just seems someone familiar with the course should take that on, (rather than a DG nerd who's never played the course and is just looking at the course map. :eek:)

Last edited:
I updated it... I did not include hole 1 because even though there is risk of rolling into the water, you really need a terrible break or a terrible shot to get there. I guess I'm not sure what all defines "in play".

That picture above is of the short tee. The long tee is a totally different beast. Unfortunately the long tee is aimed in the wrong direction which leaves you virtually no run-up if you want to play the aggressive (and very demanding) shot on your first drive.

Last edited:
I updated it... I did not include hole 1 because even though there is risk of rolling into the water, you really need a terrible break or a terrible shot to get there. I guess I'm not sure what all defines "in play".

Wow, that was fast! I just clicked the link and saw all the water, and thought, "I swear there was nothing there before... I must be losing my mind."

If a terrible break or terrible shot will put you in the water, the water is in play.

^^^HAHAHAHA! The sign makes the basket look 2 feet tall! Gotta admit it makes the basket easy to spot from 275 yards away!

^ Excellent work Mr. West! Here's to the virtures of diligence and persistence! :hfive:

Still no hits at 828 or 830 ft (or 252 and 253 meters for that matter), and that's even with checking "Pin Position: B and C)... :(
That brings the missing length list to eleven: 736, 754, 758, 766, 769, 781, 791, 806, 809, 828, 829.

830'

Sandy Creek Park: Athens, GA
Hole 1:
14561fd8.jpg

53dbb625.jpg

75bf4cbc.jpg

FWIW - of the next several distances 833, 838, and 841 don't look promising, but I there's stuff out there for the other distances. Maybe someone can scrounge something up for one of them? :\