• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How do you play a course multiple Tees?

Whoever wins the hole picks the next tee. If the type of shot required is the same, it's almost always long tee. But when the shot selection is different, it sometimes adds an interesting twist to the competition. When there are different players with different strengths, there are certain cases where you really want to win the tee so you can play to your strength on the next hole.

It really depends on the course. If I'm not familiar with the course and the short tees are more prominently marked, I'm probably going there. If the short tees are practically kiddie tees, I'm probably playing the longs.

Would be nice to select independantly for each hole and player. My wife will throw from short pads even if I'm using longs. But it doesn't really matter - she won't mind if her score doesn't show what pads she used. Make her look better if she beats me.

Depending on the time or such I will play longs. If I am playing solo sometimes I play shorts, or if I am going with my girlfriend, she doesn't like to play just walk.

I don't consider a 1/2 short / 1/2 long to be a real round, so I play either all shorts or all longs.

If i'm at a new course, I will 99% play the shorts the first round, unless it just really looks like the shorts are too boring. I like to get the lay of the land from the shorts, eye out the longs while playing, and then next time I'll play the longs.

I'm the same way. I don't know if it's OCD or what, but I have a really hard time mixing up tees in a round and not freaking out. I'll always throw from the short tees on my first play at a course. The long tees will come next time around. After that, I try to alternate from one round to another. Unless of course one set of tees is really lame, then I'll stick to the better set most of the time.

For me it generally depends on the course and who I'm playing with on that given day. If I'm playing with guys I know can throw far and accurate we will play from the longs no matter what course. If I'm playing with guys that I know struggle with distance then we will play the short tees. But if I'm playing a solo round at my home course then I'm most definitely playing the long tees. When we went to Ptap a couple of months ago we played the Green Monster layout and it was a blast. I thought that couse was beautiful and had a good mixture of long holes, medium holes and semi-short holes. For some of us the distance wasn't that big of a factor. For others it tired them out and they were getting worn out as we approached the final holes. For me, I would rather play the long tees just because it shows me how hard I have to work to sustain the ability to play at a somewhat decent level. I know there is no way in hell at my age that I'm ever going to be great at this sport...but that doesn't mean that I can't whoop some azz as I travel down the road old man time has set in front of me. Until my body doesn't allow me to play the long tees, that is most likely where you'll find me.

I forgot to add this, but when we play Glow we mostly play shorts as it's easier to not lose discs this way.

my group of friends and i always play courses with multiple tee's.

we always play from the longs. there is no reason for it, we just do. i guess we just don't play enough to get bored of those tees.

Always longs, even on some courses where shorts present a challenge. My wife and noobs play shorts in our group. Moving back and forth from shorts and longs within a round presents too many problems on most of the courses we play. On crowded summer rounds, bouncing from short to longs makes it hard let you play through and generally has a negative affect on speed of play.

Thanks for the input. I believe I have enough to conclude. Here are my design notes...

The ability to track Multiple Tees will be turned off by default, but the option will be available when starting a game.

When enabled, Tee color will be set on a per/hole bases.

The tee color for a hole will default to the color of the last hole played.

If the next hole is the same as the last hole, but you can change it; doesn't that work the same as forcing them all to be one color?

If i start on a certain tee I continue on the same tee throughout the course. Especially if I am playing on a home course, so I may compare myself against the last rounds that I have played on that course from those particular tees. I like to compare my distances on my drives from round to round and the approach shots and amount of putts I shot from my previous rounds from those tees. I am not looking to shoot my best scores when I go out, I am looking to improve myself each and every time I play. This way when I play a tournament or a serious round with fellow players I know I am prepared mentally to play the level that I know I can play. If I get beat then oh well. I look back at the shots I have made and not the score. Then I continue the work on the shots that I feel that need the most work on.

Sorry bout that I got caught up in the moment.

There's two courses I frequent that have multiple tees. On one the longs are very poorly marked (if marked at all), and I don't even know where all the longs are. The other has three tees, and most everyone seems to play the middle tees. Even the tournaments there play from the middle tees.

Latest posts