• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you own???

How Many Discs Do You Own?

• 10 or Less

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • 11-25

Votes: 52 18.4%
  • 26-50

Votes: 67 23.7%
  • 51-100

Votes: 66 23.3%
  • 101-250

Votes: 49 17.3%
  • 251-500

Votes: 27 9.5%
  • 501-1000

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • 1000+

Votes: 8 2.8%

• Total voters
im in that 26-50, and that includes my everyday bag i really only have like 15 just laying around and have some on the marketplace, i wish i had 1000+ id make a fort in my basement

I can't imagine spending the money to own that many discs. My wife would kill me. For the guys with hundreds or even thousands of discs...thats a lot of money! Considering each disc is anywhere from 8 to 20 bucks each, that adds up...but I'm still jealous :)
i've been employed in DG since 2006, so i've acquired a lot thru that.

just thinking back... a 50-disc severance package from Millennium (compared to a 3-disc signing bonus!).. most tourny stamps i do i get 10-20 discs, got a stack of MVP from their contest, then straight up disc payment for services rendered, and a healthy discount all along.

but you see why i'm unloading a few hundred :)

before i was employed in DG, i had about 20 discs.

For the folks who have over 100 disc, what do you do with all these disc. Resale, collect, sit around and stare at em, build a structure out of em? Just curious about that, I only have a few disc that I keep and dont use for various reason's (ace's aren't one of the reason's since i cant hit one) and when I get to about 40 I start trying to get rid of one's i can't use.

ace discs
tourney winnings
full color/collector
the different putters i've used
stamps from other courses states we visit
trophy discs
backups of the molds we throw

putters are in a bin, throwers are in our bags, a few on display, a bookcase from ikea with doors on it keeps the rest out of site.

I have a little more than 100. Most are from the late 80's - mid 90's so they probably won't ever see a course again.

I would probably have around 250 but I have given a lot of my old plastic to new players.

For the folks who have over 100 disc, what do you do with all these disc. Resale, collect, sit around and stare at em, build a structure out of em? Just curious about that, I only have a few disc that I keep and dont use for various reason's (ace's aren't one of the reason's since i cant hit one) and when I get to about 40 I start trying to get rid of one's i can't use.

I've been collecting Frisbees since 1970 and golf discs since 1980. I LOVE PLASTIC (discs anyway)!

well only about a 1/3 are discs i play with. maybe a tenth are collectibles and retired discs. the rest are just winnings and ones i tried and didnt like. i sell the latter. if i had never sold any of my discs id prolly have double. and also have several thousand $$$ worth of discs.
plus hot stamps are Art and so is the plastic itself. do you put posters on the wall? or decorate in any way? same difference. plus i love looking at my retired discs, they bring back good memories.

For those of you amazed at people with 300+ discs, not every single one of those discs was bought by the owner. I'd say if you make smart trades, join tournaments/ace races, find good deals when you are buying... the owner could have really only bought about half of those discs.

Anyways, I think I'm in the 26-50 range, maybe just shy of 50.

I guess a lot of my discs can be considered "vintage" since most were from when I first started...

I sold one of my old San Marino ROCS $40 last week. It was probably worth more but it's not like I don't have about 20 more.

I have been checking out some of the collectors websites and I have a lot of the $100+ stamps and didn't even realize it. Back in the day we would just trade local stamps with players from other areas to get their local stamps.

For those of you amazed at people with 300+ discs, not every single one of those discs was bought by the owner. I'd say if you make smart trades, join tournaments/ace races, find good deals when you are buying... the owner could have really only bought about half of those discs.

Anyways, I think I'm in the 26-50 range, maybe just shy of 50.

Yeah, I would say I got most of my stuff through trading off my tournament winnings.

Let's see - I've never really counted. 45 various KC pro, champion, CE, and star Innova throwers, 41 CE backups, 37 Aviars, 20 BS Buzzes, 9 Kenny Rocs, 8 pro rhynos, so about 160 total. All are throwers or backups of throwers - nothing is off limits from going in the bag.

Tim S.

Last edited:
Hard to say, I counted my CE stuff just to see a few months ago. So I figure I'd triple that. So at least 400+ I went a LITTLE disc crazy for a bit, but I'm proud to say I haven't bought a disc in a few months.

Oh, my name is Rescue and I'm a discaholich :)

im just shy of 50, but the girlfriend is getting more into it, so i expect to pick up another 20 or so before winter.

Latest posts