• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many discs do you use per round?

How many discs used per round?

• <=3

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • 4-6

Votes: 74 18.7%
  • 7-9

Votes: 140 35.4%
  • 10-12

Votes: 106 26.8%
  • 13-15

Votes: 43 10.9%
  • 16-18

Votes: 15 3.8%
  • 19-21

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • >21

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
I currently carry up to 18 disc for tourements, which usually all get used at least once in a 2.5 - 3 round a B tier. I carry 10ish ( 5 putters) for casual rounds, but could probably slim it down to 2 or 3 on a clam day at my home course.

I carry 18 and throw on average 13 of them. But some courses I throw closer to 16-17 of them.

I carry 16-17, use 7-8 during a typical round depending on conditions and course.

That number contains backups for my distance drivers (Laces x2 and Destroyers x3)
RFF Wiz x2
A couple fairways that I will use on the reg (Hatchet, Sidewinder x2 and a G* Valk)
Mids I actually use (gator and spider)
And a few discs that are auditioning for a spot in the rotation. Usually a couple mids and new molds just to try out, but I tend to cycle through these pretty quick and they end up in the box at home.

At my home course, Golden Gate DGC, I only use maybe 5 (including my putters) when it is shorts and about 7 when in longs. Actually, at courses I play less regularly, I use less discs. I think this is mostly a confidence thing.

7-12, depending on conditions and course setup...which is why I want to trade/sell my 1st gen gripEQ bag to get one of the smaller ones that hold 14-16 out now. I don't particularly need to carry 20 discs with me all the time.

Isn't the answer to this, it depends on the course. I carry 22 with me at all time just in case I find that one situation where I want that one disc.

Hmmm...got to enumerate that play by play on a typical round at Dela:

1. Stable/Understable Distance Driver (Insanity, Tern or Photon of late)
2. Forehand Flick (Volt or Zone)
3. Putter to Putt (Medium Pure)
3b. Putter to Approach (Soft Pure)
4. Overstable Distance Driver (Destroyer)
5. Forehand Flick (Zone)
6. Understable fairway driver Speed 7 (Patriot)
7. Sometimes I need a more stable flick around this point (proton or DyeMax Volt)
8. Putter off the tee (Opto Pure)
9. Mid (Buzzz)
10. Speed 9 understable driver (Valkyrie)
11. Understable distance driver (Wave <3)

Sometimes I need an overstable Mid (Glow Buzzz)
Sometimes I try a couple different Distance Drivers
Sometimes I pull something crazy out, or try new discs.

So looks like 12-15ish.. Probably more than I should have, but it works OK for me, cuz I'm having fun ;)

Last edited:
I currently carry 19 discs but I selected 10-12 discs per round. Keep in mind that I carry 3 putters, 3 mids, 2 of each fairway driver, 2 of each control driver <that's what I call 9-10 speeds> and 2 of each distance bomber. I've only got 1 FB in the bag as yet, it will be replaced by 2 Enemies shortly. So, in terms of how many molds I throw per round, it's actually about 5-7 molds per round... don't always throw Mongeese or FB...

I carry a lot but don't use very many on a regular basis. Depends on the course but normally I use one main driver and then throw approaches and putt with an Aviar. I sometimes will use a mid-range or a different driver and I have a specific disc I use for rollers. Rarely will I ever use more than 6 different discs during a round.

Latest posts