• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

How many people have you told about DGCR?

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Working in a disc golf shop I get phone calls every day asking about what the local courses are like or where they are and every day I tell someone about DGCR. The business cards and fliers and awesome! So how many people have you told about DGCR?

I try to talk with every new player and traveling player I run into. Needless to say I tell an awful lot of people about the site. How many of them do kore than reference the course guide? Unfortunately very few, but I try regularly

i live in phoenix (scottsdale) and run into lots of tourists while out on the course. dgcr is the first thing i mention when asked "what other courses do you guys have here?" no one has ever mentioned that they use the site, guess thats why they ask for directions to other local courses. i cant imagine going on a trip without the course map navigation this site provides.

A LOT of random people I run into on courses use DGCR for finding courses and don't even realize it's "forum powers". I politely direct them to the forums for extended DG discussions.;)

I'm lazy so I'll just copy and paste from the other thread :D...

We were discussing it pretty good this weekend at my tournament :D. I tried to name drop and tell them how successful I have been getting good prices on disc via the marketplace. Hopefully a few of them come check out the site :thmbup:.

I just write Discgolfcoursereview.com on the back of my disc instead of my name.

I tell people at PIAS and on the course all of the time.

I just write Discgolfcoursereview.com on the back of my disc instead of my name.

I tell people at PIAS and on the course all of the time.

Did you ever trade someone a Yellow DX Gator? lol

lol, nope she is definitely yellow :D. Guess someone else throws dgcoursereview.com on the back of their disc too. And the flight ratings which I thought was kind of odd. If I am out on the course checking the ratings of the disc before I throw I'm in trouble :p.

LOL! this is a funny thread

Working in a disc golf shop I get phone calls every day asking about what the local courses are like or where they are and every day I tell someone about DGCR.

same except with people that walk in. i tell them its a good resource especially in this state because there are many disc golf destinations in iowa all within a stones throw of home

i tell a lot of people i run into on the course, if the conversation turns to other courses and where they are. then i proceed to preach how beneficial dgcr is to the sport, and how registering and reviewing courses gives the power to the people:thmbup:, esp if i think the course we are on is underrated. it doesnt seem too many people here in Oklahoma City have jumped on that bandwagon just yet..

Over the past couple of years, since I discovered some great sites for disc golf instruction etc., I have printed up cards on hard-paper stock with 5 sites (DGCR being at the top) which I give to people that I meet while on the courses I play here in Austin. I can generally tell that they are not familiar with the current course or are new to the game. I'll ask them if they would like some good web sites to help them locate courses and improve their game. A few decline. Besides the DGCR site, I also include the home site for Discraft, Innova, Disc Golf Review and the "Dan Beto" backhand training video. I would guess that I have given out over 100 cards. Many of these individuals I have seen later and they thank me for the cards. This is one way that I give back to this awesome game.

i've prob only gotten 5 or 6 people to actually create usernames on the site... but that's better than none

Yes it is. I only got one person to create a user, and all he did was write a drive-by review of our new course, lol.

I manage to work DGCR into most rounds' conversation, because the TR mini is a great conversation starter! :thmbup:

I hand out business cards to people I play with, but not consistently. Everyone asks me if it's my site and it feels odd saying, "No, I just enjoy the site." I need to get some signs printed to distribute to the local courses.

i tell a lot of people i run into on the course, if the conversation turns to other courses and where they are. then i proceed to preach how beneficial dgcr is to the sport, and how registering and reviewing courses gives the power to the people:thmbup:, esp if i think the course we are on is underrated. it doesnt seem too many people here in Oklahoma City have jumped on that bandwagon just yet..

Same here in Norman, OK. I am new here and to the sport but I have told the few people I play with but they are happy with the 3 courses we have here!

Latest posts