• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I am THEY

just had a weird image of a touching scene where opti was crying on a mans jean shorts and being comforted while a rollercoaster flies by in the background pop into my head...:rolleyes:

Was the man in jean shorts wearing a wife beater?

If so, I saw that too.

Every course is the worst ever and shouldn't be played in a pro event. Once they win its great and the club did an amazing job prepping, if they lose it was terrible and they will petition to never have it played again. repeat.

I want to point out that Val carries a plastic grocery bag with her and actually picks up trash during tournament rounds. I was quite impressed with that. :thmbup:

**of course if THEY did their job it wouldn't be trashed**

J/K of course, I have gone out and picked up and the next day saw crap everywhere...you can't clean up after the other "THEY"

Should say Avery, Val has always been super nice as far as I can tell..

I am not "THEY" although I have done some work on the local course, when I had time.
On the other hand, I got tired of not having a practice basket at the local course, so we organized a club at the plant where i work, held an Ace Race event, raised enough money to buy a basket and put it where the local club wanted it.
Now we have a practice basket.
Everybody wins!!!!!

Weren't they the one griping about the tree on hole 1 at Nevin in US Dubs?

Yea I hear Feldberg hated Nevin...but I think its mostly because him and Avery were in like 7th place after that round. Didn't hurt the other players that were at like -18. -16 and -15 there. Anyways, I've seen or heard about them whining at Winthrop, Renny, Hornets Nest, Eastway, and Nevin...basically every course they have played in Charlotte in a tourny.

Also, to all the people who hate that tree on hole 1. The hole is designed for you to land straight at the opening,then throw 250' down to the basket. Then the tree is not in the way and for a pro, it is an easy bird. If "YOU" decide to "go" for it, it is your fault if you hit something outside of the fair landing zone. Also, it is a beautiful beech tree and its going to stay because I like it :p. Same with trees on #18 at Eastway. I understand the reason they are there even though I hate them. Design calls for shot shaping and shot placement, not gripping and ripping.

I help do workdays and stuff and am don't really care when people say stuff like that. It's probably b/c I don't care what random people say on a DG course. You should look into that OP.

I've been known to participate among "they," and the positive comments and encouragement means far more to me than the negative comments. It's definitely worth the effort. What upsets me is when people complain and ask for improvements, but then don't participate when we make improvements. Makes me wonder if people don't realize what it takes.

Okay, I really think that "they" plan workdays on Saturdays so that nobody can come out and help, then "they" can be all smug about it.
Seriously, with tourneys almost every Saturday, competitive players chances of attendance are low. With the younger crowd, many have jobs in retail and restaurants, meaning they work Saturdays. Family men many times have family duty on Saturdays.
So really, what makessaturdays the day of choice?!

I used to be They. Now I'm mostly glad its Them. Keep up the good work Jerome. It will come back to you!

Okay, I really think that "they" plan workdays on Saturdays so that nobody can come out and help, then "they" can be all smug about it.
Seriously, with tourneys almost every Saturday, competitive players chances of attendance are low. With the younger crowd, many have jobs in retail and restaurants, meaning they work Saturdays. Family men many times have family duty on Saturdays.
So really, what makessaturdays the day of choice?!

Then again, maybe "they" schedule workdays for when "they" can work.

That's the way it is around here. Makes more sense to schedule when the known available workers are available, than to schedule when "they" aren't available but in hopes that some others will be. But I'll bet if some locals volunteer to organize a weekday workday, the weekenders will let them.

But that's just organized workdays. Individuals improving local courses might be encountered at any time. I'm sure if the competitive players pick up a little trash on a Tuesday or fix a broken bridge on a Thursday, no one will complain.

I have found that when "they" schedule a workday, most players take "them"selves to another course.

Latest posts