• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I don't understand DGCR reviews/ratings

I just wish more people would update course conditions...

In a perfect world more people would try to contribute to the course directory part of this website, update course conditions, add a photo or two, find courses on that other site and add them to this one, write a review on a course that has no reviews, etc.

I do wish that there was a way to save a draft of a course review. It can take a long time to write a review so it would be nice to be able to save a draft.

In a perfect world more people would try to contribute to the course directory part of this website, update course conditions, add a photo or two, find courses on that other site and add them to this one, write a review on a course that has no reviews, etc.

Good suggestions - I have been better about some of these things lately.

I do wish that there was a way to save a draft of a course review. It can take a long time to write a review so it would be nice to be able to save a draft.

You can always write the review in your word processor of choice, and then copy-paste the sections into DGCR.

Edit: Bogey types faster. :doh:

I don't know of another.

I think it's called discgolfscene.com

Pretty much this but without a forum.. or active user base.

I just wish more people would update course conditions...

I try to update course conditions only when it's a matter of someone showing up to the course and not being able to play because it's literally not there anymore or risking getting injured due to course being too slippery/hazardous conditions or something.

DGR, discgolfreview.com

I never spent much time there other than to try and incite a good old fashioned forum war.. for as much as everyone likes to argue, I never could get them to argue across platforms much..

So Martin, do the folks who become premium members and get a crown, actually become subjugates of TimG. Asking for a friend.

How come nobody talks about that other DG review site? That's actually where I got my start until I noticed there was maybe 10 active members left.

Reviews and ratings on Disc Golf Scene are about as useful as reviews and ratings on U-Disc.

Just about any course that's halfway decent is rated at least "A-" on DG Scene. For the most part of a course rated below A-, it likely sux.

The problem with a bunch of courses being rated in the top few tiers, is that it provides little separation between the truly wonderful, bucket list courses, and the merely good.

The way people choose to rate courses on those sites is essentially a binary function:
Either it's good, or it's not.
But you really can't tell to what degree they're good, or to what degree they're not. And there isn't enough substance in the reviews to make that determination.

That would certainly make tougher to plan a road trip and know you were going to hit truly high quality courses.

Last edited:
Yet somehow...

DGCR's imperfect, highly flawed, and irrational review and rating system, remans far and away the best tool for figuring out what courses you want to hit when you're away from home, or for planning road trips.

So Martin, do the folks who become premium members and get a crown, actually become subjugates of TimG. Asking for a friend.

Stop stamping around like an angry child. I don't care if you have an issue with TimG. If so, then go MTL and just rage quit.....again, as it seems. You have NO use for the site, but want to carry on some kind of jihad, to get as many others, as you can, to also dislike it? Your plan now includes degragading supporters of the site?

I'm not sure what happened. It looks like this review was an ignition point for the jihad?

I'd like to touch on one last thing, but before I do I want to note that this will probably not affect anyone reading this review.

I was in contact with the course designer prior to playing Sugaree, letting him know I intended to make a video. He had seen my videos before, and knew what to expect. I put a lot of effort into filming, throwing, and editing that video, largely to do him a favor to expose his course to a wider audience.

Since posting the video he has asked me to take it down because, in his words, I made Sugaree look like a pitch and putt. He accused me of not including all of my throws, implying there were holes I drove, approached, then putted, and I'd leave out the approach.

The entire experience left a very bad taste in my mouth and made me not want to ever return to Sugaree. It's a shame because I enjoyed my time here and would have made a return trip, but the hostility and rudeness I encountered after spending hours on my video drove me off for good. It's a shame that his actions had to mar an otherwise positive and memorable experience.

To top it off Rich responded to my review with an assortment of blatant lies. For example I offered to help work on the course after I played my round, and he told me not to worry about it. I had tools and work clothes in my car ready to go, so him saying I had no intention of working on the course has no truth to it. If he wants to know my score, he can watch my video and add it up. I don't keep track of that during non-competitive rounds. My PM box has nothing from him, and I let him preview the round before it was posted. He gave me the OK to post it.

"His rating is obviously not about the course, but rather me making him remove his movie. " - If this statement were true I would rate the course 0/5 for how Rich has behaved towards me. Instead I rated it 4/5, which if you check my reviews you'll see I rarely rate courses that high. I have multiple courses in my favorites I did not rate that high, that alone tells you that's BS. If his statement had any truth to it I would not repeatedly state that Sugaree is one of the best courses I have played.

"he just wanted to make a movie to showcase his skill. " - If this were true I would not have driven 4 hours round trip to film Sugaree. I live within walking distance of an 18 hole course and could "showcase my skill" much more conveniently there.

If there is a super course here he made no mention of it, neither does the course page, neither does the course itself.

Despite my extremely negative interactions with him, I gave his course an objective score. It's an amazing course but it is not as tough as I expect from a 5/5 rated course. If I play a perfectly rated course I expect to walk away satisfied in every possible way. That is not how I felt after playing Sugaree. It is one of the best courses I have played, make no mistake about it, but a 5/5 rated course has to test my abilities more.

I would not hesitate to recommend this course to anyone. I have repeatedly suggested others play it, and commended Rich for the work he did.

I am not the only person who has had negative interactions with this individual. I am merely the only one willing to speak my mind on the matter. I have received numerous private messages from others who have had similar experiences as me. Go check the following link to see the owner of DGCR stating that Rich has had issues with less than stellar reviews in the past - https://www.dgcoursereview.co...;postcount=32

This is not limited to my interactions with him. He has a chip on his shoulder.

Leading to this thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.co...;postcount=32

It looks like you had a pretty active role in the conspiracy against you. Now that, what I could find quickly, is available for everyone, carry on. LEAVE ME AND MY CROWN OUT OF IT.

Stop stamping around like an angry child. I don't care if you have an issue with TimG. If so, then go MTL and just rage quit.....again, as it seems. You have NO use for the site, but want to carry on some kind of jihad, to get as many others, as you can, to also dislike it? Your plan now includes degragading supporters of the site?

I'm not sure what happened. It looks like this review was an ignition point for the jihad?

Leading to this thread.

https://www.dgcoursereview.co...;postcount=32

It looks like you had a pretty active role in the conspiracy against you. Now that, what I could find quickly, is available for everyone, carry on. LEAVE ME AND MY CROWN OUT OF IT.
Wear that crown proudly.

My brother and I built a private course. We're very fortunate to be able to do it, and privileged to share it with others. Although it's free to play, some people give us donations, in appreciation for what we've made available to them. If I had free little crowns, I might give them to those generous folk.

Rich, please take this in the constructive manner in which it is genuinely intended.

You seem to take what people say about Sugaree, and where it falls/fell in DGCR's ratings personally. I haven't poured my heart and soul into my own course, so I can't say I know how it feels.

But when you get on theses tirades, it's not a good look. :\. I suspect there are things you can do that would make you happier.

Rich, please take this in the constructive manner in which it is genuinely intended.

You seem to take what people say about Sugaree, and where it falls/fell in DGCR's ratings personally. I haven't poured my heart and soul into my own course, so I can't say I know how it feels.

But when you get on theses tirades, it's not a good look. :\. I suspect there are things you can do that would make you happier.
Actually, this is all about DGCR members attacking Udisc, in case you haven't noticed.
Talk about a bad look...Sugaree is not being rated. Why would I care ?

Actually, this is all about DGCR members attacking Udisc, in case you haven't noticed.
Talk about a bad look...Sugaree is not being rated. Why would I care ?

I don't see anything in your posts in this thread, about Udisc. Not in your original post, not in your subsequent complaints about Tim, not in the talk about crowns.

It seems to be about dissatisfaction with DGCR.

I don't see anything in your posts in this thread, about Udisc. Not in your original post, not in your subsequent complaints about Tim, not in the talk about crowns.

It seems to be about dissatisfaction with DGCR.
There was an initial thread. I don't understand Udisc...reach deep. You commented.

Last edited:
Udisc/ FB it's mostly useless crap. Udisc is phone friendly for mindless navigation to and I suppose on courses... it also provides phone friendly mindless comments.

DGCR is what it is, a community started by some dude that wanted to share and it's kept going by community and not for profit. Udisc is making money, I suspect DGCR does not.

A few kind people throw down ratings here, a bunch of us do not... it all comes down to effort. Who made an effort of some sort? People put in more effort here.

Some of us pay to get a crown, some of us do not. I'll agree it's a worthless trinket, I'd do fine without it. Took me years before I decided to donate $20 to keep this running. I think someone quilted me :D, inadverently . I'd never thought about it before but yeah!!

I'm gonna wear my crown with pride!!! :)

I did something besides getting whiskey drunk and raving about flat tops and envy's for paragraphs at a time. Haha.

https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/payments.php

In case anyone else want a crown..

Last edited: