• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I need an overstable fairway driver

Overstable fairway driver...

I'd recommend the Vibram Ascent...I love every Vibram disc I've thrown, great feel, awesome flight and durability that is second to none!

What plastic is your leopard?

If you want something that is the same speed look at the gazelle. A little faster would be the teebird or eagle. I think the viper will be more stable than you are looking for.

I carry a 150g Champ & a 172ish Star. The 150 is somewhat of a sentimental favorite, however nothing beats it when I'm deep in the s@%t and all I have room for is a wrist snap. And when there is no wind or a little tail wind it goes forever.

I was looking for this exact disc and I tried a Tracker for a bit, and then through a trade I got a star echo leopard that turned out to be pretty overstable, flies like my 167 star wraith honestly. And this has fit the gap I had perfectly.

A nice compliment to my Leopards. Viper maybe? Any recommendations?

i am really diggin my champ glo Gazelles. fantastic compliment to my Leopards. the DX was nice but beat way to quick. the glo gazelles hold a nice straight HSS without alot of fade. holds up great in the wind (tested in 30+mph) and very easy to craft lines with. i was really surprised at how far they can fly without alot of height.

**WARNING I AM A TROLL AND YOU SHOULD IGNORE THIS**

Are you looking for something MORE stable than a Leo or something OVERSTABLE? Take your pick there are a ton of either. But the correct answer to whatever it is you're asking is teebird.

:thmbup: ^ yep, that's the answer!!

I also have a noodle arm. A Champ Teebird or Eagle may be just what you need. If you want a little more stability a Banshee is a nice choice. It just depends on what you're looking for. True over stable wind fighter or just something a little beefier than the Leopard.

No one has recommended a Trident yet? It's an awesome overstable fairway driver!

If you are looking for a true fairway driver overstable go Banshee, just more stable than the Leo, Teebird/Eagle, and I'd go either Star or Champion. Although not sure if Banshee is in Star, I know it's in Champ.

Just want to make a general point about overstable vs. stable.

How far you throw is a bad way to judge a disc's true stability. Example: If someone only throws 280'-300' and they consider a Teebird overstable, they will be incredibly frustrated playing into a headwind.

Stability is more accurately taken as a measurement of ability to handle winds (namely cross- and headwinds).

if your looking for a disc that has good distance and reliable fade and is slightly over-stable try a tracker

I use a firm Ascent for my more overstable fairway driver, very consistent turnover for me. I don't have to worry about it changing flight characteristics over time, also good in a light to medium headwind. For what it's worth at lower elevations it would probably be less overstable.