• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

It was probably a Maceman stamp of some sort. Not a big deal, really. He just added an extra stamp to some of the stuff he sold. They didn't fly any differently, so once the stamp is gone it's just a KC Roc.

It was probably a Maceman stamp of some sort. Not a big deal, really. He just added an extra stamp to some of the stuff he sold. They didn't fly any differently, so once the stamp is gone it's just a KC Roc.

Hey Three putt. Could you take a look at the lime green roc on page before this one and lend me your expertise? tia.

this kc pro has the large weight written within nipple. There is something special about this disc. I am really wondering when this disc was produced? 8x, 9x?

JODeadWm.jpg

kU4Xx1jm.jpg

what makes you think it is a kc? early kc did not come in a wide variety of colors. does it have rancho tooling? in general i would say mid to late 90's based on the way the weight is written.

Hey Three putt. Could you take a look at the lime green roc on page before this one and lend me your expertise? tia.
I'm with biscoe on this. It's probably just a late 90's DX Roc (which are awesome so not that much of a "bad news" item.) KC Pros back then were almost always white. There were a few oranges I'm aware of, but not many compared to the number of white. Also, they really didn't custom hotstamp the KC Pros. I don't think they had a good compensation idea figured out for selling KC Pros without Climo's signature, and the point of the KC Pro line was to make Climo some cash. I'm sure they did custom stamp some KC Pros for certain "special" customers, but your average Joe couldn't order a custom stamp KC Pro until the late '00's. There is the "never say never" factor with Innova, but based on what I know about Rocs that's going to be DX.

I'm with biscoe on this. It's probably just a late 90's DX Roc (which are awesome so not that much of a "bad news" item.) KC Pros back then were almost always white. There were a few oranges I'm aware of, but not many compared to the number of white. Also, they really didn't custom hotstamp the KC Pros. I don't think they had a good compensation idea figured out for selling KC Pros without Climo's signature, and the point of the KC Pro line was to make Climo some cash. I'm sure they did custom stamp some KC Pros for certain "special" customers, but your average Joe couldn't order a custom stamp KC Pro until the late '00's. There is the "never say never" factor with Innova, but based on what I know about Rocs that's going to be DX.

Thanks to both of you for the info! I'm fine with it being dx. It is the one roc i have thrown that just hasn't gone completely understable in relation to age and wear. I guess that led to the kc assumption. Thanks again for taking a moment, it is a pleasure to listen to you killing it with the roc knowledge. Cant get enough of it!

Hey Ya'll question on the super pearly PFN champ monsters:

Are those the run that was produced right after the pro lines? That's just a guess on my part since they're pearly to the point of being opaque, as are many/most of the pro-lines. If that's true, and they're the first production run that got a "Champion" plastic stamp, are they technically first run champ monsters?

Help me identify this disc.

So today at the course I pulled a disc out of the lake. From what I can tell it's a putter, but it could be a low speed mid. It's definetly Innova in their champ/glow plastic. I think is a glow big bead aviar but what about you?

Attachments

• IMG_20160908_201535.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201535.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20160908_201527.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201527.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20160908_201523.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201523.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 55
So today at the course I pulled a disc out of the lake. From what I can tell it's a putter, but it could be a low speed mid. It's definetly Innova in their champ/glow plastic. I think is a glow big bead aviar but what about you?

Attachments

• IMG_20160908_201535.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201535.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20160908_201527.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201527.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20160908_201523.jpg
    IMG_20160908_201523.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 19
Well everyone seems to say its a gator. Just thought it would be more overstable. Is it worth anything because I personally don't like the feel of it. Or the flight tbh.

Latest posts