• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I think you are right that it is likely a Pure, and it definitely is a Lat 64 putter. But it may another beside the Pure. But what I was saying, is the dyemax image can be put on all Star/Fuzion/Tournament/Goldline type plastic. I am not sure if it was done on non Trilogy discs, but I know Dynamic used to stamp non Dynamic Discs with the DD name or logo (I have two Wizards that are stamped Dynamic Disc just like a Bar Stamped Judge would). So it stands to reason they could have done dyemax on other manufacturers discs also, but I am not positive.

Thanks for your input! Like you said, even with the Dyemax I think we can feel pretty confident about it being a Lat 64 putter and I haven't seen anything yet that would make me think it's not a pure.

I'm pretty confident that they did Dyemax on other manufacturers discs as well. I've seen some MVP discs that appear to be and have been advertised as dyemax discs. At this point I'm really just counting on the embossing on the bottom of the disc.

I have a gateway disc with the abreviation "E-SP". just want to confirm if this is a Spirit or something else?

Last edited:
Pro Shark info

008bYCu.jpg

qgYFbLX.jpg

Here is a Pro Shark that I just bought. Even though it says Pro, it has a Star feel to it. Can anyone enlighten me on this disc? Thanks, as always, for any info.

~Sumo

Pro Shark stuff...

I have a couple of older PFN Pro Sharks. They are a bite tackier with regard to the feel in my hands than Star. One of mine is beat-in, flies a bit stable the other I have been saving. Pro should break-in a bit faster than Star plastic. I do like the feel of the Pro plastic for that mold of disc and also the Pro Classic Roc.

Here is the only issue with the older Pro plastic. It's outer layer(skin) may peel at some point. I have seen this on a number of older Pro plastic disc and my beat-in Shark has started to shed a layer on the under side of the disc. Not sure why this happens other than plastics break down over time no matter how well you care for your discs. Older Pro just seems to shed skin sometimes.

Also, the disc is no longer made in that type plastic.

Does it have a patent number on the underside of the disc?

008bYCu.jpg

qgYFbLX.jpg

Here is a Pro Shark that I just bought. Even though it says Pro, it has a Star feel to it. Can anyone enlighten me on this disc? Thanks, as always, for any info.

~Sumo

Need some help identifying a Discraft tournament stamp disc. About 5 inches of the inner rim has texture. The stamp says FROZEN CHOSIN DGC'S LAST CALL GEORGE WILSON PARK MISHAWAKA, IN NOVEMBER 12, 2016. Thanks for any help.

34720905356_6c20cb8f4e_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0227 by jeremysgiants, on Flickr[/IMG]

34628408161_5b1ee1abef_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0231 by jeremysgiants, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Need some help identifying a Discraft tournament stamp disc. About 5 inches of the inner rim has texture. The stamp says FROZEN CHOSIN DGC'S LAST CALL GEORGE WILSON PARK MISHAWAKA, IN NOVEMBER 12, 2016. Thanks for any help.

34720905356_6c20cb8f4e_b_d.jpg

34628408161_5b1ee1abef_b_d.jpg

Fixed.

OCXWE1i.png

ZnCk3Pq.png

Unfortunately those pictures don't give us enough information to identify the disc. Please take a picture of the disc profile from the side, so we can get a clear view of the top and bottom profile of the wing.

The textured area inside the rim is where patent numbers used to be. When disc manufacturers had to remove patent numbers from existing discs Discraft chose to just "stamp" them out.

Don't all Discraft discs have the mold name made into the mold on the inside rim? This disc is from 2016, so it should too. But I am not a Discraft expert at all.

Don't all Discraft discs have the mold name made into the mold on the inside rim? This disc is from 2016, so it should too. But I am not a Discraft expert at all.

All the newer Discraft discs have the name inside the rim. Just because this disc has a 2016 tourny stamp doesn't necessarily mean its a new disc though. It could have sat around somewhere for a while before being stamped.

I think thats annoying when you see tourny discs that are unidentifiable. Companies need to do something obvious to tell people what they're throwing. Lat 64, Dynamic, and Westside do it right by embossing the name of the disc on the underside.

I have a couple of older PFN Pro Sharks. They are a bite tackier with regard to the feel in my hands than Star. One of mine is beat-in, flies a bit stable the other I have been saving. Pro should break-in a bit faster than Star plastic. I do like the feel of the Pro plastic for that mold of disc and also the Pro Classic Roc.

Here is the only issue with the older Pro plastic. It's outer layer(skin) may peel at some point. I have seen this on a number of older Pro plastic disc and my beat-in Shark has started to shed a layer on the under side of the disc. Not sure why this happens other than plastics break down over time no matter how well you care for your discs. Older Pro just seems to shed skin sometimes.

@PlasticThunder: No patent numbers.

34720905356_6c20cb8f4e_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0227 by jeremysgiants, on Flickr[/IMG]

34628408161_5b1ee1abef_b.jpg
[/url]IMG_0231 by jeremysgiants, on Flickr[/IMG]
Does that crosshatching go all around the rim? If so, It's a Discraft Impact. I can't tell from the picture if it goes all the way around or if it is a patent number cover, but it looks pretty wide to just be a patent number cover.

Edit: I guess the OP says 5", so that's not an Impact. :\

Edit edit: And the Impact crosshatching is on the other side of the wing. :| :| :\ It's been a long time since I've seen an Impact.

Last edited:
Probably a Z Pred. There was a short time that they xxxxxed out the patent numbers before the mold was tooled. They are one of my favorite runs, I always look for the text with my fingers pre throw, those are even easier.

Post a profile picture and I can confirm that it is a Z predator

I scrolled further up and saw the wing picture. That is with 95% certainty a Z Predator.

I have a dozen pro sharks and I have never seen a Flight Numbered Pro shark. I wonder if they are bringing it back in that plastic. They obviously made a stamp for it. Is it ontario or rancho tooled?

Latest posts