• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

I have a dozen pro sharks and I have never seen a Flight Numbered Pro shark. I wonder if they are bringing it back in that plastic. They obviously made a stamp for it. Is it ontario or rancho tooled?

Infinite discs has a couple for sale right now and so does the Wright life. I too have never seen a flight number Pro shark. But we're talking Innova here I have a DX Gazelle, stamped Cheetah and even pen marked Ch. I couldn't figure out why that Cheetah was so stable until I compared it to my 11-time gazelle. It looks more like my 11-time gazelle than my girlfriend's DX domey flight number gazelle.

Yeah

That's the first one I have ever seen. Innova site makes no mention of the disc being made in that plastic.

I have a dozen pro sharks and I have never seen a Flight Numbered Pro shark. I wonder if they are bringing it back in that plastic. They obviously made a stamp for it. Is it ontario or rancho tooled?

San Marino Stingray

I found this Stingray while disc golfing a park in central Indiana and was wanting to learn more information about it.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpg
    IMG_0384.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 91
The stamp is pretty old. Its what they call the "amoeba" stamp.
The Stingray was released in 1987. I don't think the amoeba stamp was the first stamp, I think the circle stamp was the original. IIRC the amoeba stamp was in the early 90's.

Your disc would be slightly collectible if it weren't so thrashed.

Are you asking for info about the stamp or the about the disc?

Amoeba Stamp was the original stamp. The circle stamp came later. That's a really early Stingray. I don't think Innova did a marbled plastic like that, the effect is from damage to the plastic I'd assume. I wouldn't throw that. :|

Amoeba Stamp was the original stamp. The circle stamp came later. That's a really early Stingray. I don't think Innova did a marbled plastic like that, the effect is from damage to the plastic I'd assume. I wouldn't throw that. :|
Thanks for the info, I figured that the marble look came from being buried completely in the dirt and rocks. So is the disc still collectible even with it being in rough shape?

Any info on this disc.

Any info on what kind of disc or info about the stamp would help. All i know is its an innova putter from San Marino CA. 91108-8368. I think its either an Aviar of some sort or a Magnet.

Attachments

• 14969293745231842437570.jpg
    14969293745231842437570.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 1496929397814846165317.jpg
    1496929397814846165317.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 1496929424032351611068.jpg
    1496929424032351611068.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Any info on what kind of disc or info about the stamp would help. All i know is its an innova putter from San Marino CA. 91108-8368. I think its either an Aviar of some sort or a Magnet.

Judging by that little faint Omega symbol this might be an Omega...which is just a small bead Aviar. The stamp is one of many Maceman stamps out there. Of course, that might just be faint ink from anything else in which case this is just a plain old Aviar. The fact that it's a two ring Sanny mold it might be worth a couple extra bucks to some.

Thanks for the info, I figured that the marble look came from being buried completely in the dirt and rocks. So is the disc still collectible even with it being in rough shape?
Uh...

I hesitate to say it is worthless but that's REALLY rough. The stamp is there, though. I've seen people spend money on dumber things. It might have some value, but I'd think that value would top out at around $5.

c9c558c0b7ebbc4e4a00b7488e4b2f4f.jpg
1be4e284b33d28f4193789359e193dc0.jpg

Got this at play it again. Looks and felt different then other DX and no flight numbers. Is this PFN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got this at play it again. Looks and felt different then other DX and no flight numbers. Is this PFN?

Delicious leathery PFN dx plastic. The gator and the XD were two molds that never got done justice in the later years of dx plastic. That leathery tack is unbeatable for a touchy release.

I'd say it is probably worth a few bucks over the newer dx ones. Nothing crazy, but I'd prob toss you 15bucks easy in person.

Delicious leathery PFN dx plastic. The gator and the XD were two molds that never got done justice in the later years of dx plastic. That leathery tack is unbeatable for a touchy release.

I'd say it is probably worth a few bucks over the newer dx ones. Nothing crazy, but I'd prob toss you 15bucks easy in person.

Hahaha I'd say yes if I hadn't already thrown it, and man is it tasty lol. I used to play years ago, early 2000's, and I remember throwing a couple older dxs now that I think about it. Took a few years off having a fam and all that. Started back up last year and remember thinking, this plastic just isn't right? Thought it was just me. Maybe I have some goodies in my storage unit from way back...

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%2010%2045%2034%20PM.jpg
Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%2010%2044%2018%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2014%2C%2010%2044%2002%20PM.jpg

Can anyone tell me what prodigy prototype disc this is??
I feel like its a D1 but I'm not too sure..
thanks for the help!

Latest posts