• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

Just found this with no name/number just has a sharpie x on it think it's a 2017 glow Roc but not sure.

Not a Roc. Can't speak for how wide the diameter is, but pretty sure it is an Aviar. Aviars are not usually penned with the disc mold on the bottom, just the weight (just like this disc). My guess is the weight actually says 175, but the writing is so bad I can see it being mistaken for 178.

Not a Roc. Can't speak for how wide the diameter is, but pretty sure it is an Aviar. Aviars are not usually penned with the disc mold on the bottom, just the weight (just like this disc). My guess is the weight actually says 175, but the writing is so bad I can see it being mistaken for 178.

Thanks ran into a group on the next course I played. Held it next to an Avair and pretty sure you're correct. I'm used to my P4 having almost vertical sides thought it was a bit sharp for a putter but I'm getting pretty good at being wrong.

I'm ... wrong.

This may be the first time this was ever said on the internet. ;)

Yeah, the PA4, Magic, and others like those two feel very different from most traditional putters. Not sure what you were planning on doing with this disc, but I would recommend throwing it off the tee to see how it flies. Of course you could always find someone who likes Aviars and trade it (it isn't really worth anything special other than having that cool Halloween stamp).

Can someone tell me when Innova stopped using the double circle stamp? A friend recently gave me the Polecat in the photo. I have some others that are probably 12-14 years old that don't have the double circle. Disc has "PDGA approved golf disc 1994" on the stamp. I was just curious, thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20180105_170533.jpg
    20180105_170533.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
:confused:

I'm not sure what a double circle stamp is. That is usually just called a circle stamp. If that is what you mean, the first of the DX discs without the circle stamps that I got arrived in the Spring of 2000. I would still get circle stamped discs in 2000 as well, but I always assumed they were old stock.

Last edited:
:confused:

I'm not sure what a double circle stamp is. That is usually just called a circle stamp. If that is what you mean, the first of the DX discs without the circle stamps that I got arrived in the Spring of 2000. I would still get circle stamped discs in 2000 as well, but I always assumed they were old stock.

Thanks for the reply, I thought it might be sometime around the early 2000's. I think I've always called it a double circle stamp, but thank you for letting me know I've been calling it the wrong thing:doh:this whole time, lol. I know I heard it called that somewhere, I guess I got punked.

Terms for stamps seem to vary. It's a regional thing a lot of the time.

The 2000 DX stamps looked like this disc:

picture.php

It was a short-lived, more "professional" look without the graphics. People bitched. The smaller versions of the graphics came back pretty quickly. At any rate, the circle doesn't complete so the old stamps started being called the "circle stamps."

The next generation is usually called a "barstamp" because of the logo, which isn't really the barstamp logo but that's an entirely different conversation. The current stamps don't really have a term because there is nothing special about them, but sometimes somebody will use the term "swoosh stamp" i.e. "I have a PFN swoosh stamp TeeBird" or something like that.

The fun ones were the Rocs. The barstamp Rocs had a right-facing bird and said "Stable Mid Range Driver" on them. So you will hear people say "Barstamp Roc" or "Right-facing Roc" or "SMR Roc" and it all means the same thing. Incidentally, if you hear any of those terms and "selling" in the same sentence, you want. Those were damn good Rocs.

Last edited:
Trying to help a friend identify this disc. It's an older Innova mold w/ pat#.. DD STAMP from back when dynamic discs didn't have their own line of plastic. I want to say pre 2010.
Hopefully these pictures help.

I think its possibly a wraith, wraith-x, eagle, or a old firebird

Attachments

• received_10215776534354755.jpg
    received_10215776534354755.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 40
  • received_10215776655837792.jpeg
    received_10215776655837792.jpeg
    109.8 KB · Views: 41
  • received_10215778078393355.jpg
    received_10215778078393355.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 37
Trying to help a friend identify this disc. It's an older Innova mold w/ pat#.. DD STAMP from back when dynamic discs didn't have their own line of plastic. I want to say pre 2010.
Hopefully these pictures help.

I think its possibly a wraith, wraith-x, eagle, or a old firebird

Could be a Valk. Rim looks too narrow to be a Wraith. I assume the pen writing on the bottom of the disc is long gone? Sometimes if you hold the disc in the right light you can see the indentations left on the bottom by the ball point pen.

picture.php

It was a short-lived, more "professional" look without the graphics. People bitched. The smaller versions of the graphics came back pretty quickly. At any rate, the circle doesn't complete so the old stamps started being called the "circle stamps."

The next generation is usually called a "barstamp" because of the logo, which isn't really the barstamp logo but that's an entirely different conversation. The current stamps don't really have a term because there is nothing special about them, but sometimes somebody will use the term "swoosh stamp" i.e. "I have a PFN swoosh stamp TeeBird" or something like that.

The fun ones were the Rocs. The barstamp Rocs had a right-facing bird and said "Stable Mid Range Driver" on them. So you will hear people say "Barstamp Roc" or "Right-facing Roc" or "SMR Roc" and it all means the same thing. Incidentally, if you hear any of those terms and "selling" in the same sentence, you want. Those were damn good Rocs.

Or like me they are lucky to have a KC Pro ROC max weight from a 2009 Ice Bowl. ;)

Great disc and worth up to $45 in perfect condition like mine is, As KC Pro ROC 3's have yet to be a thing. Though I guess Paul McBeth Pro ROC 3's are close but a bit stiffer and less grippy.

Last edited:

picture.php

The Swosh Stamp PFN disc means to me the disc had only the Swoosh on the top of the disc and on the bottom is the rest of the stamp usually. Hard to find discs now, thank to the fact most made like this were Destroyers and Stupid hunters are trying to horde all the Destroyers of a certain era and plastic, like how it feels and flies. I say really try Echo star or some thing if you want Star but can't stand how modern Star feels.

KC Pro Banshee? Firebird? Teebird?

Mystery disc here. Nothing penned on the back other than 175. CAL tooling with patent numbers. Rainbow foil bar stamp on the front. Plastic appears to be KC Pro or CE -- shiny, soft like Driver Pro, fingerprint-y. Plastic feels like my KC Pro Gazelle.

Wing width is about a 7 speed. Very blunt leading edge, very flat disc, top half of the wing has a dip or groove in it almost like a Whippet or X-Clone.

Profile comparison pic -- orange disc is a KC Pro Gazelle.

What might this be?