• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] ID a disc or ask "What is the story on this disc...?" - Take II

That's a candy pro leopard. SE would be opaque plastic with a big disc style bar stamp that said special edition leopard in it. It predates Barry getting his name on leopards so no signature in the stamp
They look like this:

picture.php

Which is like the worst picture I ever took. The picture below is better, it's actually of a DX TeeBird but the basic design is the same. It just says "Special Edition Leopard" instead of "TeeBird Ultra Long Range Driver"

picture.php

Need a help figuring out what kind of disc this is

I found this disc today and was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what it is, no luck after searching all day, mite say tb on the bottom but so unclear I'm just guessing at this point, pat number is 4,568,297

Attachments

• 1532828757418303194319.jpg
    1532828757418303194319.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 60
  • 1532828812187755106727.jpg
    1532828812187755106727.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 15328288357131010216084.jpg
    15328288357131010216084.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 54
What speed do you think? If high speed driver, looks like a Tern.

Pat# Terns don't exist. How does it fly and that would help. TB would be Teebird, but that looks to be wider rimmed. Anyway you could measure the rim width?

Help! Can someone tell me about this disc?

I have had this for quite a while and not sure of its origin or story.

It's a P-Pd (freak). I got it a long time ago and not really sure what year it was...

I know very little about discmania. I am not sure if it is an early run disc or not... I can't find anything on P-Pd's

Is this something that is readily accessible?

Attachments

• 20180801_195619.jpg
    20180801_195619.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 14
I have had this for quite a while and not sure of its origin or story.

It's a P-Pd (freak). I got it a long time ago and not really sure what year it was...

I know very little about discmania. I am not sure if it is an early run disc or not... I can't find anything on P-Pd's

Is this something that is readily accessible?

That was the stock stamp for p line ( pro plastic) pd when they came out. I don't think they ever changed it but they weren't as popular as dm hoped so they're out of production. I liked them as they were an amazing control driver but it got flippy with wear. If you really like it and it's beat, you can get d line ones and if it's fresh get an s line and beat it up. I'll get close butt won't beat too flippy for a while. Hope that helps you out.

I found this disc today and was wondering if anyone could possibly tell me what it is, no luck after searching all day, mite say tb on the bottom but so unclear I'm just guessing at this point, pat number is 4,568,297

It looks like it could be a Teebird to me. The stamp is from 2006 - way too early for a Tern. Besides that, the rim isn't wide enough for a Tern. Here are a couple 12X TeeBird pics from similar angles.

Attachments

• IMG_5810.JPG
    IMG_5810.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5813.JPG
    IMG_5813.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 23
Anyone know if Star wraiths are always penned *WR? I just bought what I assumed to be a star F2 wraith for 11 bucks but I'm realizing there's a good chance it's just a nice run of pro.
EDIT: note that it's just penned WR.

Anyone know if Star wraiths are always penned *WR? I just bought what I assumed to be a star F2 wraith for 11 bucks but I'm realizing there's a good chance it's just a nice run of pro.
EDIT: note that it's just penned WR.

Have it some thought and looked at other discs. It would seem that the last runs off penned Star discs all have the 5 pointed Star designation before their mold code, ie *WR, *FB. I'm thinking this * is absent on champion and DX because those are obvious, and absent on pro due to process of elimination.

Thinking I bought a F2 Pro disc for 11 bucks. :|

Have it some thought and looked at other discs. It would seem that the last runs off penned Star discs all have the 5 pointed Star designation before their mold code, ie *WR, *FB. I'm thinking this * is absent on champion and DX because those are obvious, and absent on pro due to process of elimination.

Thinking I bought a F2 Pro disc for 11 bucks. :|

Most Pro discs have letter P in front of the model letter. Quite from innovas website:

"Abbreviations
Most of our discs have the weight (in grams) and the disc mold abbreviation on the bottom center of the disc. This helps to identify discs, especially custom stamped discs. Some discs have a prefix signifying the type of plastic: Star Plastic may have an S or ★ in front of the model letters. Echo Plastic may have ES or E★ in front of the model letters. Star, Pro and R-Pro discs may have a / – or . between the plastic type (S, P or R) and the disc model abbreviation"

Most Pro discs have letter P in front of the model letter. Quite from innovas website:

"Abbreviations
Most of our discs have the weight (in grams) and the disc mold abbreviation on the bottom center of the disc. This helps to identify discs, especially custom stamped discs. Some discs have a prefix signifying the type of plastic: Star Plastic may have an S or ★ in front of the model letters. Echo Plastic may have ES or E★ in front of the model letters. Star, Pro and R-Pro discs may have a / – or . between the plastic type (S, P or R) and the disc model abbreviation"

This all considered, still pretty sure I ended up with Pro. That's OK though, I cycled it in and hope to have a flippier Wraith than I'm used to carrying before too long - silver lining. :hfive:

North carolina wilkesboro wide open 2015?

Disc is a wwo 2015 disc anyone remember what type it was? if no one does i'll post a picture. I got it used was just wondering

Found at local PIAS. Marked as Destroyer but clearly not. I *think* I can just make out S-?F and 174. Because of that my guess is Starfire. Firebird on the right for comparison.
0900a30312e211b73e188996b463dcd1.jpg

Pic taken on rooftop of car from busy street waiting for tow truck. Ha ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could be a Starfire. Is the rim as wide as other speed 10 discs? If you have an Orc, compare it to that. The Starfire rim is the same width, but a bit blunter.

Hey guys, brand new to DG Course Review. Found an unknown disc at a course today, and a friend told me to try my luck at ID'ing it here. It appears to be a distance driver. The writing on the flight plate is hard to read, but its a Latitude 64 disc with a Team Trilogy stamp. I took the photo at an angle to show the Dynamic Discs and Westside Discs parts of the stamp on the flight plate.UnknownDisc.jpg

Hey guys, brand new to DG Course Review. Found an unknown disc at a course today, and a friend told me to try my luck at ID'ing it here. It appears to be a distance driver. The writing on the flight plate is hard to read, but its a Latitude 64 disc with a Team Trilogy stamp. I took the photo at an angle to show the Dynamic Discs and Westside Discs parts of the stamp on the flight plate.View attachment 65793

Is there any "tooling" (inscribed writing) on the underside of the flightplate? Most Trilogy discs should have the disc name inscribed.

Unfortunately, the only thing on the underside of the disc is the usual Latitude 64 and Made in Sweden markings, as well as the printed weight. No disc name on the opposite side like my other Latitude 64 discs have.

Unfortunately, the only thing on the underside of the disc is the usual Latitude 64 and Made in Sweden markings, as well as the printed weight. No disc name on the opposite side like my other Latitude 64 discs have.

Profile (side pic, preferably focused on the wing) are immensely helpful in IDing a disc.