• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] if you could only have 1 disc to throw what would it be?

I think I would end up choosing a putter if I actually faced this situation in real life. Tank. Great driving putter, great approach putter and I putt reasonably well with them. I couldnt sacrifice putting for distance.

My first instinct is the most used disc in my bag: FLX Challenger, but that'd really limit my range for birdiable holes.

If I truly had to play with one disc... it'd probably be a glidey mid like a Warship, or maybe a Comet.

Last edited:
-its shocking how many folks chose their putter. I love mine and do use them off the box on 4+/- holes of my local 18 but I can put w any old thing if I have to. One disc? QMS.

Volt, because, I can throw it forehand, backhand, tomahawk, and roll with it.

-its shocking how many folks chose their putter. I love mine and do use them off the box on 4+/- holes of my local 18 but I can put w any old thing if I have to. One disc? QMS.

short/long range upshots are the biggest factor IMO. Here with many wooded courses using only a driver (unless it was very workable and glidey) would be extremely hard to do successfully. Its not that important to throw a 400' long drive if you can't put a disc out there accurately and consistently. Around the circle and approaching to the basket are where majority of strokes are given up. A bad or short tee shot is easily savable with a solid approach/upshot game. No driver would make it easy to shape different lines with consistently.

Most of the courses I have played, especially of recent, aren't terribly long. On these courses how one uses their putter usually separates the good from the so-so players. You must either be a terrible putter or terribly good at parking discs. I am neither, so I choose a putter

Latest posts