• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Illianasconsinigan members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want everyone to know that I'm hardcore and won't let a little think like almost dieing stop me from a good day of DG!

That's what I'm talking about!!! :thmbup:

Yea! If you don't make it down first, I'll make it up to Milwaukee. Either way! :)

Right now for the first time in my life in any sport I am on the DL. My knee is bad from playing racquetball with two of my discing friends unfortunately. I am waiting a week before I go in to the doctor to see if it begins to feel better on its own, but I think it is a ligament issue. I never felt anything go wrong and it didnt hurt until the day after I played racquetball (for the second time in 3 years). It doesnt hurt so much but my knee just feels weak and walking especially uphill is tough.

God I hope I dont need surgery I havent gone more than 7 days between rounds in the 2 years I have been playing the sport. At least it got fairly cold quick and the snow is absolutely keeping me from playing because if I were to slip on this knee it might be worth cutting off!

Its rough but at least one of my other friends lent me 7 disc golf DVD's to watch. Unfortunately I have already pounded through 5 of them in under 1 week!

Sounds like a pretty minor sprain. Maybe ice it, take some anti-inflammatories. Stay off it and it should get better sooner rather than later!

My condolences harr... I know I'd be at the doctor first thing if I couldn't disc.

Last picture, a train at Oswego. I think there's a basket out there but it's not the hole or anything (yeah it's not a good picture).

Snow%20006.jpg

It's amazing how big a difference dry warm feet make, I can deal with being cold and wet much better if my feet are happy.

OOOOH yeah, nevermind not having to deal with the smell afterwards, blech.

waterproof boots to play in + a change of dry shoes/socks afterwards + a ziploc to put offensive socks in = everyone being happy.

OOOOH yeah, nevermind not having to deal with the smell afterwards, blech.

waterproof boots to play in + a change of dry shoes/socks afterwards + a ziploc to put offensive socks in = everyone being happy.

The ziplocs are a must, especially on a longer trip. We made that mistake, and played in pouring rain for 4 days on a road trip without a stink free place to put our socks. Between them and the wet dog, we needed 3 air fresheners, each meant for an entire basement, to make the car fit for human habitation again. :sick:

I wear warm tights and tuck them into my seal skinz... so even as my pants and shoes get wet, I'm still nice and warm underneath. I don't care how waterproof your shoes / boots are, they always get wet eventually... the seal skinz stay dry.

I'm not so sure about that. My winter boots kept my feet dry last year. Off to a good start this year with the same ones. The goretex gaiters also help keep the snow out. I have seal skins, but I don't think they are necessary for winter golf. Here is part of my post from yesterday about winter gear...

1) Here are the shoes. I just started winter season #2 with them this past Saturday. Although the shoes did not need it, I treated them with nikwax anyways for an extra layer of waterproofing protection. Took a while to break in, but they are super-durable. http://www.rei.com/product/706762

2) Socks. Any kind of moisture-wicking socks will work. I prefer to keep them short, no higher than mid-calf level b/c the shoes & everything else is warm enough.

3) Gaiters. Outdoor Research FTW! Lifetime guarantee & goretex...'nuff said. http://www.rei.com/product/778002

Thread link here...http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25035&page=4

yea that could work... I've seen so many supposed waterproof shoes / boots get soaked through to trust them... the gaiters are my next addition though (after seeing mashnut sporting them).

Gaiters are worth every penny. No more worries about the jeans soaking up snow & ice that will only weigh you down and make your lower half colder than needed.

Shoes are a little more tricky b/c everyone's feet and comfort level are different. That's why I signed up for the REI co-op. No worries on returns or exchanges if the waterproofing doesn't work after a few months. Or 6 months. Or whatever.

yea that could work... I've seen so many supposed waterproof shoes / boots get soaked through to trust them... the gaiters are my next addition though (after seeing mashnut sporting them).

A good pair of gaiters also covers enough of the shoe that it keeps them from getting nearly as soaked. The shoes I had on Saturday aren't really waterproof, but my feet were bone dry all day.

info for the trinity tourney can be found here

and, I'm thinking about it, I'm not sure I have the money yet...

Thanks, there's a link to the preregistration in that thread. Weather's looking a little nasty, mix of snow and rain and a high of 37.

One of these days i'd like to meet up to play a winter game. But it sucks I have to work every weekend this month agh! Friday mornings are it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts