• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

(insert pro disc golfer's name) leaving (insert established disc golf company name)

Status
Not open for further replies.
just for kicks, i emailed ESPN and Yahoo sports this morning telling them about all this change going on in our sport.
maybe it's a story to them, maybe not.

I noticed the star team and team champion are looking a little thin on the Innova site, Lavone Wolf is still on hall of fame team.

What happens when these NEW discs dont out sell the Big 2 and the Pros dont get paid their piece of the pie? THAT my friends is the Real question!

What happens when these NEW discs dont out sell the Big 2 and the Pros dont get paid their piece of the pie? THAT my friends is the Real question!

considering that you have no idea about anything besides the players that left this is complete speculation. do you even know the pay scale they were on beforehand? I know the Discraft one (clarified by Scooter and Pat...thanks).
second, do you really think they expect to out sell Innova or Discraft in the very near future? that would be such an unrealistic goal, eventually yes, but I am sure their first priority is the same as Legacy or Lat64, put out some fine product so the market has to take notice. Lat64 has been around 5-6 years at most. Look how big they are already.
Tomorrow we will get to see the first answers to our questions. curious a little still

Pretty sure none of the top pros make a killing from what sponsors pay. I don't think Innova players even get a kick back off signature disc sales anymore. Instead a yearly payment

I want to know what kind of jobs pros have? Obviously most pros don't make their living on DG. So what kind of ion do they have that lets them take vacation time to do tourneys and stuff like that? Just wondering...

I want to know what kind of jobs pros have? Obviously most pros don't make their living on DG. So what kind of ion do they have that lets them take vacation time to do tourneys and stuff like that? Just wondering...

I remember hearing in some video that Nate Doss has some sort of computer/server job in the off season.

I remember hearing in some video that Nate Doss has some sort of computer/server job in the off season.

He quit that. From what I understand he is one of the few full time pros.

I heard that some are teachers.

I think most of these guys started to realize they need to make some kind of salary to continue a future in disc golf and have a future once theyre career ends. Not sure if they were offered a salary from these new companies or a part of the business but once you get older you start thinking about other things such as a decent steady income to support your family, health insurance, retirement, etc.

I noticed the star team and team champion are looking a little thin on the Innova site, Lavone Wolf is still on hall of fame team.

Now Lavone has been dropped off the hall of fame team, the rumors are starting to add up.

Innova players do get kickbacks from sig discs. I heard it was a quarter per disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts