• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is a Competition bag too much?

Get the bag. If after you start wearing bright knee high socks and underarmor, start worrying.

An added benefit of the larger bag is the larger pockets. It's nice to be able to carry extra towels, snacks, beverages, keys, wallet, phone, trash bags, etc.

An added benefit of the larger bag is the larger pockets. It's nice to be able to carry extra towels, snacks, beverages, keys, wallet, phone, trash bags, etc.
^This^
I only carry 10-12 discs in mine. I bought it for the extra space and 2 water bottle pockets. I also added the 4 point backpack straps.

BTW, I'm a weekend hacker and couldn't care less what people think about my bag.

bigger bags hold more beer :-D

I have a pro style bag and I am not even a good Am3, it's all what you want and what works for you.

Who cares what anybody else thinks. If you wanyed to look cool you would have rode motoX instead of disc golf.

I'm only average, and I carry the Competition bag. I only carry 12-14 discs, but I love having extra room for anything I might want to carry. I have a small, soft-side cooler that fits perfectly in the middle of my bag, between my discs. Don't worry 'bout what others think - carry what you want!

This, I agree pretty much to letter. My bag is full, but still, I'm average, and really - Who cares?

More discs/bigger bag are not proportional to skill. I have carried 20+ discs since I started playing 4 years ago, but this summer I started carrying a GB Spider Monkey with 10 discs. If anything, it makes my rounds easier because I am not thinking about which of my 5 hyzer discs I want to throw. I see the shot and throw the shot. It has also caused me to be more versatile with my discs. I have picked up a forehand and I can throw more shots with 3 drivers than I used to with 10+.

With all that being said, if you want to carry more discs, by all means buy a bigger bag. It's about what you want, not what the people on the internet tell you to do.

I notice everybody talking about the added weight of extra discs.
I got a Discarrier (huge!) so I could carry at least four bottles of my favorite summertime beverages when it's really hot. Yep, it starts out heavy. :D

Yeah dude. If you're hanging with the big boys already after four months of playing, who cares what people think about your bag? I started carrying a big bag fairly early, and I still can't hang with the big boys. Never gotten a comment about it. I like being able to carry a bunch of discs for options. Plus half of my bag is filled with putters and mids... Meaning that if I were to carry a beginner bag I'd have no room for the River, Saint, Teebird, Predator, etc. Carry what you want in what you want. I'd carry my discs around in a grocery bag if I felt like it (especially if I was good enough to let my game shut up the naysayers).

I'd get it. Why the heck not, spend your money on what you want. If you're playing with people who'd give you crap about buying a bigger bag then you'd probably be best to find some cooler people to hang with.
So, I have the Delux bag and it keeps more discs than I generally throw, I find it nice to have at least a disc you're willing to lose on water hazards (like an older driver you've replaced), perhaps a disc or two you aren't all that familiar with to see if you might like them better than another. Also (as was mentioned before) its nice to have extra room to carry things like snacks, towels, Beer... I like the beer one the best, or on those days when its 110 out you can carry more water.
I used to be the pack mule for my friends because I had a bigger bag... I got the "Back Saver straps" and was mightly glad I did.

I have the fade tourney bag and I love it. I carry about 24 discs in it and I only play intermediate. Of course anyone who makes fun of me I usually can beat them so. But I like it because I can carry towels, water bottle, and just put discs in there for a certain one hole on the course I may be playing that day. Especially water holes.

... I'd carry my discs around in a grocery bag if I felt like it (especially if I was good enough to let my game shut up the naysayers).

^^^
This!

Folks around Cincinnati all know how "Fishnet" got his nickname. I've only played on his card once, but he makes no excuses, and can beat me on the course any day of the week!

I have 4 bags.

1 from walmart which holds up to 8 discs looks like a nutsack bag zipper pockets = 7 bucks
1 innova starter bag w/drink holder around 10 discs
1 fade crunch=2 drink holders around 12-15 discs
1 fade torny/comp 22-24 discs 2 holders for large drinks, many insulated pockets[phone,wallet,meds]

I will bring the appropriate bag depending on course, torny or practice round.

I have the fade tourney bag and I love it. I carry about 24 discs in it and I only play intermediate. Of course anyone who makes fun of me I usually can beat them so. But I like it because I can carry towels, water bottle, and just put discs in there for a certain one hole on the course I may be playing that day. Especially water holes.

Same for me. I have only been playing since may and I already have a fade tourney, and I love it. Haters gon hate man.

Thanks for all the comments guys! I purchased the bag from the guy and I can't wait to load it up and play with it. And yeah I'm only 18 and played for 4 months and I can hang with the (what I think) best people around. But I don't have the experiences like you guys do so thanks for all the input! It will truly "reinvent my game" with the new mind set about players and their equipment. And yeah MrFixIt I will definitely be wanting to show off my 4 months skills some time to ya!

I just graduated from my innova standard to a deluxe. It says 15-20 discs. I'll probably only carry 15-17 max so it seems perfect. Got some back savers too!

I recently upgraded from a Fade Lite Bag that held 14 discs max, to an Innova deluxe bag with backpack straps, I can fit about 22 discs. I like that I don't get into a situation thinking I wish I had a different disc that was in the car or at home. Plus I can carry a few extra things just incase. Beside the responses here, check out some of the "Disc Golf whats in my bag" videos on youtube, at least you'll get to look at the bags and hear some opinions and see whats in them. I just my first video the other day, check it out (jtrod683 8 30 12). Good luck and good shopping.