• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is DG your #1 passion?

Monkeypaws

* Ace Member *
Premium Member
Talking hobbies and pastimes, not family or other obvious things.

For me, 10 years ago it woulda been baseball and beer.

Now, it is definitely DG, followed by beer and footie, then baseball.

Talking hobbies and pastimes, not family or other obvious things.

For me, 10 years ago it woulda been baseball and beer.

Now, it is definitely DG, followed by beer and footie, then baseball.

5 years ago I'd say yes. Today, dg ranks #3 behind fast cars and fast women.

I consider it a 3 way tie between Disc Golf, target archery, and hunting. You could make an argument that the archery and hunting overlap, because it does.

I'd say yes. Aside from disc golf my main hobby is learning new things to add to my repertoire as a tradesman. I am unique , at least a little bit in the fact that I play DG as a means to help me stay sober. Does outreach count as a hobby?

I've had many hobbies/passions over the years, but currently disc golf is all I think about.

Hell, I joined a disc golf forum for cryin' out loud.

Last edited:
Astral projection
Deep thoughts about Jack Handy
Pickling
Disc Golf

Once I do those first three, I'll go discin'

It was for a solid 6 years or so... now with two kids [AKA house arrest] MTG is #1.

Did we just become best friends?

MTG and DG are my two outlets and MTG jumped up in priority because I can go play after the kids go to bed.

Ha!!

C-658VsXoAo3ovC.jpg

DG constantly shifting between rock climbing, powerlifting and backpacking.

DG in the spring and summer, lifting usually in the fall and winter. Backpacking and climbing almost exclusively summer as well.

This is a thought I contemplate regularly. In the summer, no doubt it's usually number one.

Winter is hockey season though. And in MN, it's almost easier to do (men's leagues; and an outdoor rink two blocks away...)

And then there's drumming. That's year round. But is generally third, behind the former(s).

So, spring/summer/fall yes. Winter, not first, but I'll still get out for winter rounds.

It's pretty much tied with music. Music has been a focus in my life for much longer than DG, as I play drums, guitar, bass, keyboards, sing, and produce music. However, Disc Golf in the last couple of years has been my happy place. It's my tool to stay sane, relax, and hang out with friends. It's very therapeutic in many ways.

Latest posts