• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is DG your #1 passion?

Tournament Chess is #1 with me and always will be. Right now DG is #2 (and good exercise).

Man, chess is great. I'm guessing most would disagree, but I started playing recently and can't stop now.

Current top 3:

1. Chess
2. DG
3. Baseball

Music has always been my number one. Listening and playing music. Disc Golf is #2 for sure.

I have two circles of friends. All my friends I play music with and then friends I play disc golf with.

My other hobbies are buying music gear and buying discs.

Yes, definitely my #1 interest/passion right now. Starting with spending too much time on this website!

Not too long ago, I was riding my mountain bike and hiking when I had free time from the family. But now, its DG just about every time. A teacher at the local HS just put in a niner at the school, that is about 10 mins away. So, I'll run down there for a quick 9, or more, when I have the time.
He wants to start on a separate 18 hole course soon, so I will definitely be helping with that.

Whenever we travel, I've already let the family know that if I have a chance, I'll find another course to bag. Usually in the early morning, or late afternoon, while they are resting!
Some of my best trips have been with my wife when she has to get CPE credits. She goes to class in the mornings, then we have the afternoons together. That got me 6 courses in Tucson and recently 3 near Hilton Head. Baggers gonna bag!! :thmbup:

Man, chess is great. I'm guessing most would disagree, but I started playing recently and can't stop now.

Current top 3:

1. Chess
2. DG
3. Baseball

Your list including baseball reminded me that when I was in high school and playing chess for the State Championship team, our school's best baseball player saw us playing and got interested. He got better quickly, and would come to school with a notebook of (then-World-Champion) Anatoly Karpov games. He made our chess team, too, which included a guy that went to West Point. I think he tried for pro baseball, but I don't know if he made it; i fell out of touch with everyone when I was deployed to West Germany in the Army...

Reading (mostly nonfiction), classical music, and hiking are more important to me than DG in the sense that if I had to give up something forever, I'd give up DG before any of them. It's interesting to see a few mentions for chess here; I've recently gotten back into chess after a looooong time away from it, and have been playing quite a bit of online blitz and loving it. I'd definitely give up chess before DG. I guess the order would be

1. reading
2. classical music
3. hiking
4. DG
5. chess

Yes, DG is #1 for sure.

I went through a few years where I was a fair weather casual disc golfer, and even had a 3-4 year stretch where I took (ball) golf very seriously and barely threw any discs. But now I'm back to practicing multiple times a week, and hopefully playing tourneys more regularly.

Beer league softball and home improvement projects are pretty much my only other hobbies. Used to play a lot of guitar but not so much anymore.

Disc is #1 for me.

My other hobbies are getting squeezed out by responsibilities. I haven't brewed a batch of beer since my second son was born 4 years ago. Haven't gone skiing in even longer. I used to take pride in doing all of the work on my house myself, but now have to pay someone else to do the work since I know I won't be able to put in the time. I used to tear through books, but have finished less than a handful this year (not counting children's books).

I hope to get back into at least some of my non-dg hobbies in the next few years. Right now dg works best as my 6 year old is obsessed with disc and always wants to go.

Sometimes it is. It's the #1 hobby that I know I can just go do and if I don't have time for it, I go a little nuts in the head. When I travel, it's easy to throw a bag in the car and stop the stretch out and throw a random course somewhere near the highway.

Otherwise, archery is certainly creeping up my list and taking more time and $$$, as of late.

Welp, hopefully Jack Hughes will be playing in StL next season. At this rate, chances aren't looking too terrible.

To be clear, I was just letting him know what the LGB stood for. I'm a Penguins guy, and honestly, I haven't watched anything this year. Professional sports are not high on my radar anymore. I would be watching hockey, but I reduced my DirecTV package that lost me Root Sports Pittsburgh (or whatever they are calling that channel now) so that lost most of my opportunity to watch that.

Really depends. I'm a man with too many hobbies. It also depends on how you measure it. I spend almost as much time on here, Reddit, and Facebook auction sites as I do actually playing disc. I also waste lots of time on the internet with following pro wrestling and fantasy football pretty closely. Hobbies are all on the decline as the wife and I are expecting in April.

1. Running.
Was behind DG for a while, but getting back into it. Training for a 15 mile snowshoe race in late January. Running 5-6 days a week right now, and need to if I'm going to not die in 6 weeks. Running and I have had an on and off relationship since my college running days. Was a 14:45 5k guy in college, but that was 7 years and 30 pounds ago.

I'll occasionally train for something and then fall off a cliff once the event is over. Ran Boston in 2016, it beat me up real good, and I haven't been in what I consider "good shape" since. I'm happier when I run, though, and it's easier to cram into a busy work schedule than dg.

2. Disc golf
-currently playing maybe a round or two per week. Putting most days because winter. Doing a weekly putting league.

3. Following pro wrestling
r/squaredcircle eats up too much time. I read results, argue with strangers, watch WWE's developmental show NXT most weeks, and catch main roster highlights. I also keep tabs on New Japan.

4. Fantasy Football

5. Playing Cards/board games
-Cribbage, Euchre, Settlers of Catan. Also gotten into Scrabble lately. Was tired of losing to my wife so I learned all the 2 letter words, the Q words, and the Z words.

6. Guitar
I can't do more than strum chords, but it's fun.

Last edited: