• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Jolly Launcher Teebird3's in the Factory Store

Hmmm, interesting comment. I would guess it's just because they tend to be a bit more stable than their Star or GStar counterparts and because they take longer to beat in. When you watch pros like McBeth throw JL discs like the Roc3, they seem to glide just fine so I'm guessing it's just a stability/break-in issue perhaps?

The texture of the plastic is a big factor as well. It is tough to explain but I do not feel like I can get the same snap as I could with other plastics. This may or may not be the cause of them seeming to be always shorter and slower. Regardless of seasoning they seem to have a lack of glide and loft, not necessarily more stability and fade.

I've never had an issue with grip with JL, it is for sure more stable then Star so yeah it will dump a bit quicker. I actually love the grip for Mids and Fwy's. Prefer Star/GStar on higher speed stuff though slightly.

Worlds T3s came in today. These are my first experience with the new mold, but i'll say that they are nice and flat and feel really really good. I bought a handful, so one will get taken out to the field this afternoon. I wont be able to compare glow stability to the g-star, but i'll fly it with my other 11x and jollies.
btw, all rainbow stamps FTW!

I ordered 2 of them in the 170-172 range. I was disappointed that the factory store only had max weight so I couldn't resist these. Would still prefer that 167-169 range like the 11x birds that I have had for years

Played a 2 disc round today with a JL T3 and a wizard that I am breaking in. My take away on this disc is that it is pretty nice. Very straight, resistant to turn with minimal fade, like a bird should be. I am now even more excited about those glow ones coming in.

Overall nice disc and I really love the plastic. Having said that, I'm too used to throwing Teebirds that I don't see myself switching. I love the glide and distance on the standard champion Teebirds and the new T3 seems to be just a little shorter. The T3 seems a little closer to an FD2 for me flight-wise.

any others out there get one like this? :\

2014_08_09_11_54_29_629.jpg

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3hKQ6KrdGNFWE04WG9ENUk5WXM&usp=sharing

I ended up getting a 12x that looks just like that...needless to say, I was not too happy about it. Of course flies find, but pretty ridiculous that it looks like they cut it with design scissors .

yeah it doesn't photo nearly as bad as it feels. Where this is trimmed really deep it looks like it could actually impact stability as the plastic is literally missing from the bottom of the nose (goes from slight flashing to indented) as well as around outside edge.

I got a T3 that was like that :wall:. Not a problem that I have had in the past. New employee?

Ordered one to put in my stash and got a red on red :wall:... Ugly as sin, ty Innova.

I just think its funny the first brand new innova disc I bought for myself to keep in a long time comes and its F'd up.

People wonder why I say what I do but this last BS just confirms my rocker is even rolling.

Latest posts