• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jussi Meresmaa - Backhanded blast

^This!

Its like they have a "we are Team Prodigy, and you're not," vibe.

Well they are Team Prodigy and you're not. :D

You folks really need some other things to worry about in your lives.

Well they are Team Prodigy and you're not. :D

You folks really need some other things to worry about in your lives.

I gots plenty to worry about in life but worrying about something not important takes me away from the real worries for a bit lol. :thmbup:

But is it really? They don't have anything to offer him to throw but 2 molds right now. He is still throwing many of his old discs...he threw a Firebird for crying out loud on the playoff hole.

If that doesn't say I trust disc A more then disc B what is?

It's a win for Will, he did throw amazingly well. Did he beat McBeth, yes. But did he let things get to his head and almost cost him that win? An even bigger yes.

Could you imagine what Team Prodigy would have done if Will had watered again? Or had missed his putt and lost the event?

I think alot of the ranting comes from the attitude now being shown by the team. Everybody was ready to support them, go get your money, get your recognition, and grow our sport. Now they are out there acting like they are the only golfers that matter in the world. Don't believe me, go check out the video that is posted to GG's facebook. You have GG who choked, Jerm who was non existent and Cam who I didn't even know was playing the event all dancing around waving the Prodigy name around. It just rubs people the wrong way. When Rob Gronkowski was seen out at a club after losing to the Giants in the Super Bowl dancing around like an idiot while clearly intoxicated, people got rubbed the wrong way. People who really value their sports want their athletes to act like they have been there before. Do emotions sometimes get the better of you, of course. But when it comes down to it, you should still act like you've done it before. Will's celebration at the USDGC was classy...why so obnoxious with this one, when moments earlier we all learned that you made a rookie mistake.

Best post in this whole thread! Well said:thmbup:

Last edited:
Best post in this whole thread! Well said:thmbup:

I agree with Bobby. There is a time and a place and the players own it to their sponsor to present themselves in a way to make the sponsor proud, not so that the sponsor has to go clean up a potential PR nightmare because their new team lacks the class to celebrate appropriately.

Man ESPN sure is trashing on team prodigy today. I wonder what Skip Bayless will say on monday...

Grown men(DGCR) calling out 20 year old athletes on how to behave. Always a good read

Man ESPN sure is trashing on team prodigy today. I wonder what Skip Bayless will say on monday...

Grown men(DGCR) calling out 20 year old athletes on how to behave. Always a good read

:) You, Three Putt and Zam always put stuff in perspective and make me feel dumb! I feel like the old crank that is taking kids frisbees, and basketballs away. :) Yes, it has been a cold and boring weekend, and this is what happens. You gotta admit that last year no one talked about Pro Golfers really. This year it is taking over this forum. At least we can thank Prodigy for that!

I think I have to agree with holding off on the "Prodigy" victory until they havea full lineup on the market. But it was a good win for Will.

That being said, I think he does lose a bit by making such a stupid mistake. It's something that everyone is very anal about, and being a pro, there should never be any issues with scorecard. Yes, ball golf pros sometimes have issues, but they also have a caddies double checking them. For Will not to check his card, and almost cost himself the event is a big deal. It's almost as if they put the team and just trying to make a name for themselves over playing golf the correct way. Celebrate and be happy, but do it when it's appropriate and out of the way of your competitors. I think it shows bad form. You don't see Tiger or Rory celebrating on the middle of the green when there are still putts to be made.

side note, anyone catch Greenwell's shaking of his head and face when the announcement was made? Had a total "stupid mistake, kid" look to it.

that is because greenwell is part owner of prodigy

This

All this stupid hate needs to be toned down severely. Let's not talk about the amazing disc golf we got to watch or how well all the pros have adapted to their new discs. Instead, let's complain about the free stream, how this new team that was excited to have one of their members win celebrated the win, and how someone made a mistake.

And this.

I guess that's why a Majority of DGCR users are the way they are. When all you are is a fanboy/hater, that's all you'll ever be. If you haters really think Prodigy is 'all about the plastic', you're too dumb to reason with. All I've seen so far from Prodigy is them being there for eachother, and pushing eachother to compete at the top of their game. Sure they make mistakes and do things in slightly childish ways, but all of us would be the same way in their shoes...

Go outside, and throw some F'n frisbees around. Stop the hate.

wow this thread really makes me disappointed. I have a feeling alot of you were never apart of a sports team. That's how TEAMS act sometimes with a big win. This isn't ball golf! Why do you want it to be quiet and lame? next you are going to start complaining that we should be wearing plaid pants.....the way they acted is right in line with the majority of disc golf culture.
I know its March and alot of you are pent up not playing but get over it and try to have some fun. Or grow a pair and throw in the snow.

wow this thread really makes me disappointed. I have a feeling alot of you were never apart of a sports team. That's how TEAMS act sometimes with a big win. This isn't ball golf! Why do you want it to be quiet and lame? next you are going to start complaining that we should be wearing plaid pants.....the way they acted is right in line with the majority of disc golf culture.
I know its March and alot of you are pent up not playing but get over it and try to have some fun. Or grow a pair and throw in the snow.

Look at any thread about pay to play or the sport growing large like golf, and you get a lot of "no elitist attitudes or country club fees". Look at this thread, and you get "they should've reacted more like a golfer". I have no problem with hating. Just try to stay consistent.

It cracks me up that people hate on Prodigy because they came on the scene different than everybody else. They didn't create all the hype that bred this, this forum did. Outside of this forum, no one else cares. I don't see a similar thread about Prodigy's celebration on DGR. Those guys are too busy playing the sport they love instead of complaining about a part of it that doesn't concern them in any way.

Go outside, and throw some F'n frisbees around. Stop the hate.

You are right! :thmbup:

I'd hate to say it though I am looking forward to a 2013 season. This is the most i've been into Pro Disc Golf. I can't wait for Texas States now! :clap:

I don't see a similar thread about Prodigy's celebration on DGR. Those guys are too busy playing the sport they love instead of complaining about a part of it that doesn't concern them in any way.

DGR is pretty dead unless you like Legacy, MVP or Millennium

I played tons of sports and even won a Championship in Basketball. Even with all the excitement I've never not shaken my opponents hand like Will did to Paul at the end of that playoff. We've even gotten into scrums and we still shook hands after the game! I don't buy that, but you are right it is March, and i'm tucking in my man marbles in some north face pants and going to go throw Idlewild! :)

DGR is pretty dead unless you like Legacy, MVP or Millennium

Only threads I see at DGR are thread drifts with two worded replys from Frank D, and Vegan Ray starting wars with other members. I've seen more DGCR sucks and we are elitest threads over there then I have ever seen over here by a country mile! At least I think we look back at our stupidity and realize it. Over there I think they are just sour people! Look at it this way if we want this sport to grow you have to have fanatics and haters. Without them you have no energy! Take the good with the bad!

Even with all the excitement I've never not shaken my opponents hand like Will did to Paul at the end of that playoff.

That does irk me. But still the hate is undeserved. If I was McBeast I would remember that and use it to crush him the rest of the year. And never ever not go all out for the win on the playoff.
But I don't think Prodigy deserves the hate for that. Personally I think that reflects directly back on Will, turned in wrong scorecard and no shakey (his responsibilities). I would be upset with him personally. But it doesn't surprise me, alot of the kids in his generation around me are exactly like that. Without someone there telling them the "proper" way to act they won't.

Frank D, and Vegan Ray!

their just angry DGCR kicked them out. DGR used to be the quality forum. It has fallen so far its sad.

The only activity on dgr is in a thread about this place.

The only activity on dgr is in a thread about this place.

DGR moment were I was like WTF was when they had there all knowing Disc Golf God making a video of a hammer hand motion with a disc in front of a lamp, and the people act like they had just been enlightened by Buddha! I'll take the obnoxious vetting all day over here.

Latest posts