• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Las Vegas Gentlemen's Club Challenge

That's a pretty bold statement. Not saying you can't, just saying that's pretty bold. Were all the "mistakes" you made in the putting or were there some drive/approaches that gave you hell too?

Just the false confidence. 95% of my lost strokes were at the circle. Sure I could've had more opportunities with some better drives and ups, but on average I did just as good in that department as the better guys I played with. These guys who are much better than me, and will continue to be.

Do they play a temp layout here... looks like a bunch of hyzers over trees.

while i don't know the specifics of yesterday i do know the touring guys almost always split in that situation.

Based on Wills reaction to losing the playoff I'm not sure they did. He sat there and re-putt his missed putt well after the gallery was off to tournament central.

I'm not sure "splitting" is all that common... unless there's a trophy involved... I don't split. I have in the past, but these guys shouldn't be splitting, they should be confident in their abilities to seal the deal.

I know Murder Mike was going to take some video of this tournament. Does anyone know of any content that is available now? I understand it just happened yesterday, and making a video takes time to do it correctly. Just thought I would ask.

I'm not sure "splitting" is all that common... unless there's a trophy involved... I don't split. I have in the past, but these guys shouldn't be splitting, they should be confident in their abilities to seal the deal.

But these guys are also on tour, making ends meet. Splitting (if it were another Prodigy guy) would make sense. You still playoff for first, and the title. But you know you just got an extra night of hotel covered.

It's a bit different for us "weekend warriors" than those who are touring. I would never split. But if I'm sharing a car with a couple guys for the next 2 months, and we have the option of splitting, I'd be more willing than I am now. We aren't in their shoes, so tough to compare our feelings on it.

But since this was Prodigy vs Lat and both ex Innova...screw splitting :thmbup:

To answer a couple questions:

-I don't know if they split, but based on Will's reaction, I'm guessing not. He looked really upset at letting the win slip away. But obviously I don't know for sure, and he could have been upset based on losing 1st regardless of the money.

-yes, it was pretty windy, probably in the 20-25 mph range. Not absurd wind, but it definitely affected the play (now is the chance for someone from Texas to chime in about how 20-25 mph is a calm day). A number of times they did lay up rather than take a chance with longer putts.

-yes, it was a temp course with a lot of artificial OB. There isn't much choice given how the course is laid out, so the OB was separating fairways from each other. And yes, they were throwing a lot of hyzers over trees. The back 9 has a couple vaguely technical holes, but when you have 450+ feet of power, I guess the hyzer over the top is usually the safe route.

-I don't know if they split, but based on Will's reaction, I'm guessing not. He looked really upset at letting the win slip away. But obviously I don't know for sure, and he could have been upset based on losing 1st regardless of the money.

Even if they split the winnings, it doesn't account for $ lost from win bonuses.

What's the point of the playoff if they're splitting? The points? It's not an NT event.

1st and 2nd doesn't split. Ties lower than that will split. There's always a clear 1st place. Whether it's in points, cash, or trophies.

At least, that's how I understand it.

Sometimes pros decide amongst themselves to split 1st/2nd place cash prior to the playoff. In this case they would both pocket same amount of cash splitting the $500 difference between 1st & 2nd. Sudden death playoff for $500 is risky and why not guarantee the $250. They still play it off for the trophy, title, points, sponsor bonuses, etc....

The money is also reported to the PDGA and for tax purposes at 1st and 2nd place $values even if players decide to split on their own. The person listed in first actually takes a bigger hit taxwise unless the players account for that by throwing the tie winner a few extra bucks above an even split. I wonder if any of our top guys have figured that out?

Likely have. most folks have a pretty discerning eye when it means a couple extra bucks in the pocket.

Anyway, how bout Feldy and that crazy Swedish plastic. They must have a pretty solid lineup for Dave to be able to put together a performance like that after a couple weeks?